• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vehicles move predominantly forward, and frontal crashes are by far most likely. A seat belt reduces forward motion in a crash. After the initial crash, (from any direction) the last place I would want to be is outside what little protection is afforded by the vehicle body. When I drive everyone wears one or they walk. I don't need a 180 pound adult flying into me at 30 MPH or more.

Absolutely.... every person, but specially Americans, have the constitutional right to risky behavior and to kill themselves as fast as possible. I'm sure that it's on the shopping list of amendments somewhere along side J walking, and running around on a golf course waving your 9 iron over your head in a thunder storm.  

• Like 4
12 hours ago, tr8er said:

Its pretty fucking simple.  Go overkill just a little and be done.  If everyone just did this for a month it would be over.  But instead a retarded political system created a cesspool nation for viral spread.  People using their constitutional freedom as a means of justifying endangering others is weak as fuck IMO.  If this were more than a slight inconvenience I’d sing a different tune.  I’m a damn Libertarian and I see it this way.  Trumpers are absolutely making this political.  I know many of you see it differently and absolutely are convinced that wearing a mask is some secret handshake against Trump.   I don’t really know how to better say it.  It’s simply not.  The commonality you are associating here is that Democrats at large are willing to let the scientific and medical professionals advice guide policy to lead the populous out of this tragedy.  And as it requires close to full participation to help the hope is that close to everyone would care enough to do so for a short time.  Since that didn’t happen, that short time is turning into a year.  A fucking year of people dying and debt growing.  And yet the same fucking plan is still being preached.  It’s a hoax.  Masks won’t help.  Democrat ploy.  Holy fuck.  This is a Virus.  We know exactly how to stop transmission of virus’ by stopping proximity spread.  1 month.  Globally.  That’s it.  Then done.  Deniers are the assholes making me wear a mask a year later.  Not the ones trying to stop it.  Deniers are the reason my parents haven’t seen their grandkids for a year.  Deniers are the reason my friends mom died in a hospital in Thailand and he wasn’t allowed to travel from the US to visit her.  Deniers are the reason my children can’t see their best friends since March.  This is dumb and not stopping.  And I do blame politics for a non political issue.  

Rant you needed to hear but didn’t read.  

We did go overkill and not just a little.Your thinking that just one month and it would be over hasn't worked.I drove to work on an empty freeway for almost two months.You have to be blind,deaf and dumb to think Trump is the guy that made this political.Biden's whole campaign was run on the mask.The mask hasn't stopped anything,just look at the numbers.If half this country wore masks wouldn't the spread have slowed ? Explain why most of us have masked up and the spread didn't even take a break.Biden won't control this anymore than Trump did.You're such the expert why aren't you on Dr. Fauci's team ? You should contact him and let him know you have the cure.

• Like 1

Well as everyone didn't mask up we'll never know. On top of this all it takes is one person flying in with it from somewhere else, and trust me it is somewhere else and will be forever or until everyone in the world is vaccinated, to start it all over again. You can slightly control this and minimize losses till there is a vaccine, but you can't prevent it.

• Like 1

We will never get 100% of the population to wear a mask everywhere,everyday.My opinion is if you're that scared of the flu crawl under a rock and stay there.Let me go about my life as normal as i can.A mask on my face all day long is not normal and never will be.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Vehicles move predominantly forward, and frontal crashes are by far most likely. A seat belt reduces forward motion in a crash. After the initial crash, (from any direction) the last place I would want to be is outside what little protection is afforded by the vehicle body. When I drive everyone wears one or they walk. I don't need a 180 pound adult flying into me at 30 MPH or more.

Absolutely.... every person, but specially Americans, have the constitutional right to risky behavior and to kill themselves as fast as possible. I'm sure that it's on the shopping list of amendments somewhere along side J walking, and running around on a golf course waving your 9 iron over your head in a thunder storm.  

I had a bit of a scare.  I was driving my dad's 72 Eldorado w/leather bench seat that was conditioned with stuff that made it slippery.  A "large" friend of mine was riding along and I had to make an emergency right hand turn swerve and he comes shooting across the seat pinning me to the door as I'm trying to drive out of the problem.  The whole time he is trying to grab onto something to keep his weight off of me.  Fortunately, nothing happened and we thought it was hilarious, noting that it was a close call and that seat belts should be worn.

• Like 1

Another thing that pisses me totally is that the virus can live up to 10 days on plastic and something like 1 day on wood.

Did you ever move a bunch of carboard boxes w/o gloves?  You will "burn your finger tips" resulting in bleeding cracks because the carboard wickedly extracts the moisture from your skin. 

I had a $200 crocodile belt rolled up in a coil but left on an exposed wood shelf in my closet.  I forgot about it and maybe a year or 2 later I found it brittle as a rock - other similar belts were just as flexible as the day I left them there.  The wood extracted all the oil from the belt.

Ever notice how fruit/vegetables rot if you don't take them out of the plastic bag?  The plastic keeps the moisture intact for the Kooties to thrive.

We should totally quit using the plastic bags.  They are a perfect vehicle to transmit and protect the virus.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

I had a bit of a scare.  I was driving my dad's 72 Eldorado w/leather bench seat that was conditioned with stuff that made it slippery.  A "large" friend of mine was riding along and I had to make an emergency right hand turn swerve and he comes shooting across the seat pinning me to the door as I'm trying to drive out of the problem.  The whole time he is trying to grab onto something to keep his weight off of me.  Fortunately, nothing happened and we thought it was hilarious, noting that it was a close call and that seat belts should be worn.

I grew up without seatbelts. My first car a '64 Dodge didn't have them. My new '70 Dodge Dart did but never used them. I was 20. It was a sporty muscle car and one day I came flying off the freeway at 60 into an off ramp and cloverleaf ratted at 40? The car could handle the gees but the vinyl bench seat had been waxed. My ass flew over and banged into the passenger arm rest. Both legs were hooked around the Hurst shifter and no where near the pedals. I had hold of the right side of the steering wheel with both hands and even in a panic I could not lift myself 'up' into the seat. It was like the car was on it's right side and up was the driver's door. It was close but lesson learned and I never drove without since. I figured that any other car, even one I didn't see, could bump me away from the controls and make me a helpless passenger in my own car.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cardinal Grammeter said:

Yeah, you are supposed to THROW IT AWAY AFTER EVERY USE!

Can you imagine the demand for masks if that were the case!  How about at least 100X the current demand!

And technically should be thrown away into some kind of contaminated medical waste disposal like they do with used needles and such.I've been wearing the same mask for six months.I see used masks laying around in parking lots and places where i walk.Where's the outrage ? 

• Like 1

All fruit give off ethylene gas as the ripen. Any bag will contain it and speed up the ripening.

There is no good substitute for plastic bags. Stronger than paper and impermeable to liquids and solids. They are perfect for what they do. One of the stores we go to got all green and stopped providing them. I told the manager to stop listening to the idiot public tree hugging d/bs. I said now I have to buy garbage bags to do what I always recycle the grocery bags for. How is that make any sense? and what about all the trees cut down to make the paper bags????? I had to switch to re-usable bags. Just because some asshole lets one blow into the river everyone takes a shit about it.

Virus on plastic? Well how many people handle the bag before you get it? The glove wearing cashier????? Don't lick the bag. You should sanitize your hands as soon as the groceries are in the car and after you get home.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, john510 said:

And technically should be thrown away into some kind of contaminated medical waste disposal like they do with used needles and such.I've been wearing the same mask for six months.I see used masks laying around in parking lots and places where i walk.Where's the outrage ? 

I throw mine in the microwave with my coffee every morning to sterilize it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

All fruit give off ethylene gas as the ripen. Any bag will contain it and speed up the ripening.

There is no good substitute for plastic bags. Stronger than paper and impermeable to liquids and solids. They are perfect for what they do. One of the stores we go to got all green and stopped providing them. I told the manager to stop listening to the idiot public tree hugging d/bs. I said now I have to buy garbage bags to do what I always recycle the grocery bags for. How is that make any sense? and what about all the trees cut down to make the paper bags????? I had to switch to re-usable bags. Just because some asshole lets one blow into the river everyone takes a shit about it.

Virus on plastic? Well how many people handle the bag before you get it? The glove wearing cashier????? Don't lick the bag. You should sanitize your hands as soon as the groceries are in the car and after you get home.

My genius neighbors, whom I share recycle/trash containers with, like to dump their disgusting bathroom & kitchen trash directly into the trash cans.  Guess what happens every week when the collection happens and the men dump the cans into a larger roller bin?  Not to mention making the cans nasty af.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I throw mine in the microwave with my coffee every morning to sterilize it.

I've forgotten them in my clothes several times and they seem to come through the wash just fine. The diaper style are made of some type of plastic fiber (I think polyethylene but not sure). I seem to remember at some point they stated they could be washed and sterilized a few times. I suspect you could just wipe the inside down with some hand sanitizer and leave it in the Sun on your dash and be just fine.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

On the whole wearing a seatbelt is more likely to save your life or reduce injury in an accident.

Like all things it does have downsides but statistically it is more likely to do good than cause problems and by a large margin (best numbers I could find said 50-60% reduction in death and injury).

However, I also think as an adult you should be free to choose to wear it or not.

If you want to go by anecdotes I've been involved in 2 accidents where a seatbelt made a difference. One were the other person wasn't wearing one and was ejected and killed and one where I was wearing one and it kept me from severe injuries.

Your position is reasonable; denying it would require consorting with unreasonable individuals and organizations to gather rouge statistical analysis and evidence of alternative seat belt “conspiracies”. While there might be kernels of truth, buried in this information, I have neither desire nor time for such endeavors and ultimately, it is no consequence. We agree on the most important issue, freedom is choice.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

"I'm an American......& I have a right to stupidity!"

In the local paper,I read sad articles all the time about

people ejected from cars in an accident.It's really sad when it happens

to a teenager.

Edited by angliagt
  • Like 1