30 minutes ago, john510 said:

Mike,wear your mask and stop the spread please.

Huh, I didn't realize people who didn't have coronavirus could spread it just by not wearing a mask.

How amazing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I grew up without seatbelts. My first car a '64 Dodge didn't have them. My new '70 Dodge Dart did but never used them. I was 20. It was a sporty muscle car and one day I came flying off the freeway at 60 into an off ramp and cloverleaf ratted at 40? The car could handle the gees but the vinyl bench seat had been waxed. My ass flew over and banged into the passenger arm rest. Both legs were hooked around the Hurst shifter and no where near the pedals. I had hold of the right side of the steering wheel with both hands and even in a panic I could not lift myself 'up' into the seat. It was like the car was on it's right side and up was the driver's door. It was close but lesson learned and I never drove without since. I figured that any other car, even one I didn't see, could bump me away from the controls and make me a helpless passenger in my own car.  

Small world!  Actually sounds like bench seats are inherently dangerous for lateral issues in which case seat belt usage is even more necessary.  A bucket seat with good bolster at least keeps you at the wheel.

• Like 2

when I was a kid i drove like a fucking maniac 

I think i was a good driver other wise I would be dead from the stupid thigs I did 

but without a seat belt on I would have been in the passenger seat several times 

seat belts save more lives then not wearing a seatbelt saving a life 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Glad to see we're draining the swamp once again...

Joe Biden's cancer charity spent more than $3.7million on staff salaries but distributed ZERO towards research grants over two years, tax filings reveal 

Just like the Clinton Foundation

• Like 2

Two peas in a pod.....

12 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

when I was a kid i drove like a fucking maniac 

I think i was a good driver other wise I would be dead from the stupid thigs I did 

but without a seat belt on I would have been in the passenger seat several times 

seat belts save more lives then not wearing a seatbelt saving a life 

Me too. 10% twenty year old reflexes and 90% luck in a 300+ hp 4 speed sedan that would normally have had a six cylinder or 170 hp 273 v8. It would do a buck-fifty.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Plus,the Clinton Foundation help support Chelsea.

I need a job like that.One where you can make a six-figure

income,with no qualifications.

Step one: be born to the right parents.

For Chelsea, I wonder if that pay is enough to offset having Hilary as her mother?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This summer on holiday in July heat and Datsun (so no AC) I made the mistake of drinking a lot of that Gator-aid type crap. Sitting for 18 hours and drinking basically salt water my ankles looked just like that. Don't drink that shit, drink water.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

This summer on holiday in July heat and Datsun (so no AC) I made the mistake of drinking a lot of that Gator-aid type crap. Sitting for 18 hours and drinking basically salt water my ankles looked just like that. Don't drink that shit, drink water.  

I only drink it after a very unpleasant medical test that involves flushing out your body, then they take pictures.. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I only drink it after a very unpleasant medical test that involves flushing out your body, then they take pictures.. 

The trick to that unpleasant procedure is to fight the sedative they give you and tell them you don't feel anything yet.Then they give you another dose and bam,you don't remember a thing.Worked for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The seatbelt thing is a really good example of when liberties infringe. When we preserve ones liberty to not wear a seatbelt, just like every other law tied to the use of public roads, we see where ones liberty impacts another’s liberty.  If you are in an accident, the police, firemen, and paramedics may well be placed in more harms way to rescue you than if we’re wearing a belt.  As well, my tax money will ultimately fund your negligence.  Despite you tattooing DNR on your forehead etc.   So while I kinda do feel like I should be allowed to risk my own life, I see the reason my freedom is not more important than others freedoms.  

Added:  We are all completely free to drive without seatbelts all we want.  Just not on state, federal, or most private roads.   But pave up a few acres and do your bidding.  

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 1

Sometimes we need saving from our own ignorance and biases. I started driving around '66, so for 10 years or more before that I would have been exposed to a world without seat belts.They didn't exist in the family car. I think the late '60s cars started having them but only if you owned a new car, most didn't so it may be several years before cars with seat belts became more available. I seem to remember '71 or '72?? before you were required by law to wear them, but I had already become enlightened. For others there was push back. You wore something uncomfortable that really didn't do anything.... unless you had an accident which is rare. It was like fire insurance, you griped about paying for it but it was handy if you needed it.

I had friends who refused to wear them. I got excuses like....

"It's better to be thrown free of the car in an accident"

"I drive very carefully"

"I know how to avoid accidents"

• Like 1
On 11/14/2020 at 8:39 AM, john510 said:

We did go overkill and not just a little.Your thinking that just one month and it would be over hasn't worked.I drove to work on an empty freeway for almost two months.You have to be blind,deaf and dumb to think Trump is the guy that made this political.Biden's whole campaign was run on the mask.The mask hasn't stopped anything,just look at the numbers.If half this country wore masks wouldn't the spread have slowed ? Explain why most of us have masked up and the spread didn't even take a break.Biden won't control this anymore than Trump did.You're such the expert why aren't you on Dr. Fauci's team ? You should contact him and let him know you have the cure.

I wish everyone had a months supply of food and supplies to just bunker down in Feb.  or March.  But no.  We certainly never went overkill.  The list of “essential workers” was absolutely embarassing.  And the rules were basically “only leave the home for absolute emergencies or if like, you really really want to”.  I was an essential worker.  An electrician.  Considered essential...   essential workers would be police, fire, medical professionals and national guard/military, livestock maintainers, zoo keepers, and nuclear essential staff. national guard could deliver MRE’s as needed.  Eliminate travel.  1 month.  All community spread eliminated.  All essential workers bubbled.  All instances of the virus contained.  This done globally in Q1 2020 would have likely eradicated this virus or at minimum had a few small clusters that could have been tightly sealed.  So is a global scale pandemic level loss of lives preferable for a couple of years?  Or several weeks of lockdown?   I know my answer.  Even if unsuccessful I wish more did this.  BTW. I worked from home for months.  My company stayed open, but I wasn’t going in till July.  That was about where I had to say fuck it because it was obvious that idiots were simply not heeding the warnings from global health experts.  It wasn’t happening.  So those of us who did do all they could, just ended up getting shat on losing money and time with little gain.  

do you actually think that had everyone done this we would have had a much different death tally?   

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Sometimes we need saving from our own ignorance and biases. I started driving around '66, so for 10 years or more before that I would have been exposed to a world without seat belts.They didn't exist in the family car. I think the late '60s cars started having them but only if you owned a new car, most didn't so it may be several years before cars with seat belts became more available. I seem to remember '71 or '72?? before you were required by law to wear them, but I had already become enlightened. For others there was push back. You wore something uncomfortable that really didn't do anything.... unless you had an accident which is rare. It was like fire insurance, you griped about paying for it but it was handy if you needed it.

I had friends who refused to wear them. I got excuses like....

"It's better to be thrown free of the car in an accident"

"I drive very carefully"

"I know how to avoid accidents"

This is EXACTLY what we see again with mask wearers.  Too a fucking T.  

Its actually safer without one cuz X...
I don’t need one if I’m healthy...

I stay away from sick people...

Almost all spread happens before one knows they are sick.  That 6-10 hours where symptoms are not yet showing, or just hinting at showing.  

most injuries in accidents happen right after unplanned impact.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tr8er said:

I wish everyone had a months supply of food and supplies to just bunker down in Feb.  or March.  But no.  We certainly never went overkill.  The list of “essential workers” was absolutely embarassing.  And the rules were basically “only leave the home for absolute emergencies or if like, you really really want to”.  I was an essential worker.  An electrician.  Considered essential...   essential workers would be police, fire, medical professionals and national guard/military, livestock maintainers, zoo keepers, and nuclear essential staff. national guard could deliver MRE’s as needed.  Eliminate travel.  1 month.  All community spread eliminated.  All essential workers bubbled.  All instances of the virus contained.  This done globally in Q1 2020 would have likely eradicated this virus or at minimum had a few small clusters that could have been tightly sealed.  So is a global scale pandemic level loss of lives preferable for a couple of years?  Or several weeks of lockdown?   I know my answer.  Even if unsuccessful I wish more did this.  BTW. I worked from home for months.  My company stayed open, but I wasn’t going in till July.  That was about where I had to say fuck it because it was obvious that idiots were simply not heeding the warnings from global health experts.  It wasn’t happening.  So those of us who did do all they could, just ended up getting shat on losing money and time with little gain.  

do you actually think that had everyone done this we would have had a much different death tally?   

My answer to that last question,i'm not sure what your community looks like but mine and the bigger city near me was pretty much locked down.The only things open were The Walmart,Home Depot,grocery store,a few fast food joints and gas stations.Every other little retail/service type place was shutdown for months.The roads were empty.The boatyard i was working in closed.Yea we went overkill.We postponed the inevitable that's all.It's a flu bug,quit treating it like it's a death sentence for the majority of those that catch it.You virus experts need to contact the CDC and tell them you have the cure.

• Like 1