Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

That will be unknown for a long time until people have recovered, aged, studies performed and the numbers of inflammation related diseases are known.

That's really the take away for me.  There is not much information that can't be labeled as proven.  Studies take time, and peer reviewed studies take more time.  The pandemic playbook does not await studies for action.  Assume the worst and adjust down from there.  The US is basically going the other way.  Assume the best and if we all get fucked, adjust from there.  I don't need proof to take steps that might help and don't harm.  It's obvious to me.    

5 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

the people studied were from 45 to 53 median aged 49

That's why the percentages are double what I stated for youths.  And those values are not the result of studies that I know of.  So shoot the messenger if it helps you feel better but I'm trying to be straight with what I present.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

the people studied were from 45 to 53 median aged 49

Might they not have had something befor co-vid? I'm saying were they examined before? This is over middle age I would expect some wear and tear.

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Might they not have had something befor co-vid? I'm saying were they examined before? This is over middle age I would expect some wear and tear.

Of course they could have, that's where the studies will help as more is learned the complex is made simple

5 hours ago, tr8er said:

That's why the percentages are double what I stated for youths.  And those values are not the result of studies that I know of.  So shoot the messenger if it helps you feel better but I'm trying to be straight with what I present.  

I see no reason to shoot

Edited by Ooph!
8 hours ago, tr8er said:

I wont ever fault a man for putting in the effort. 

19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yes, but they were charted in comparison to a control subject with similar preexisting conditions.  The abstract details the effort to eliminate this bias.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah I hear from on high that it will just disappear all by itself. Course this is from an expert on not being an expert. 

I do believe it will mutate into a basic cold eventually.  It is how viral evolution goes.  That being said, we’ve never watched a spread go this broad in the modern era of travel and hygiene.  I expect another year or two of significant issues.  

• Like 1

A lab in New Jersey had returned dozens of false-positive results, including 12 for the Minnesota Vikings and 10 for the New York Jets. A total of 77 league employees returned positive tests; all came from the New Jersey lab.

According to a source, all 77 individuals were retested using the original sample. All came back negative. Each of the 77 also took new point-of-care tests. All came back negative.

• Like 4

Just like 'fake news' has fucked up ALL news I don't believe/trust anything about co-vid reported by the government or news outlets in the US. Not saying it's all BS, (I'm sure some is, some isn't) I just stopped believing it's all true.

• Like 3
On 8/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, Draker said:

A lab in New Jersey had returned dozens of false-positive results, including 12 for the Minnesota Vikings and 10 for the New York Jets. A total of 77 league employees returned positive tests; all came from the New Jersey lab.

According to a source, all 77 individuals were retested using the original sample. All came back negative. Each of the 77 also took new point-of-care tests. All came back negative.

Kind of makes one wonder what the numbers really are including the deaths listed as Covid when they died from something else.

• Like 3

I actually know two people who have died from COVID.  (May peace be upon them).

it was a tough way to go for both of them. A husband and wife. They had a good run though, Cal was 96 and Erma was 94.  They both had cancer and dementia, but COVID was the cause of death (COD) on their death certificates.  I do know no autopsy was performed to establish exact COD for either. The county medical examiner said it was “too risky” to attempt to establish their exact COD, so he listed it as COVID.

i dunno if they do this commonly in the county they both passed in, but I know that medical examiner well and he’s a fucking moron. 

• Like 1