Covid-19 Prepared?

I guess I'm fortunate...

I work in the automotive business, Missus Kelmo works in the health care business. So we are both considered essential. We both are allowed to go to work every day and have been since all of this started while people around us are being laid off, losing their jobs, or having to close their businesses. I am getting to the point of being numb when I hear any covid news or election news. I have heard on talk radio that 92% of the people in this country are wearing masks and have been for some time....and we are in the middle of a surge of cases. Is that statement fact? Hell if I know. It is hard to tell what is factual any more. I hope to keep pushing through each day and maybe sometime in the future I can look back on all of this and say "well, that sucked".

Our state goes on lock down starting Monday. I am fairly sure when I go the the grocery store later this morning there will be some empty shelves. This was announced yesterday afternoon and the Costco across the street was a mad house. It is amazing that people didn't see this coming weeks ago.

Heavy Sigh, weak-ass rant over.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

92%?? that's doubtful and even if true like you say how can any rational person believe anything they are told these days? Best thing is to just believe in yourself, your own wisdom that you have compiled over a lifetime. Everyone else is a talking head. Stay safe.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

92%?? that's doubtful and even if true like you say how can any rational person believe anything they are told these days? Best thing is to just believe in yourself, your own wisdom that you have compiled over a lifetime. Everyone else is a talking head. Stay safe.

Right, that is why I added the " is that statement fact? Hell if I know." part.

I will say that I have noticed more people wearing masks when I am out and about. I live in a rural and VERY conservative area, for what that is worth.

"wisdom that you have compiled over a lifetime"

Thanks for that Mike. You made me laugh on a Saturday morning.🤣

One other thought I had is that while the media is reporting positive cases, recovered cases, and deaths, how many negative tests are being reported. I don't recall ever hearing that figure.

Now, I sure someone will come along and say just do the math stupid.

• Like 2

Same theory applies to positive tests. We had an employee who tested positive more than once and had to continue testing until a negative result was found. I will have to find out how many times he tested positive. Fairly sure he was out of work for at least 4 weeks.

So yeah, he was tested alot. I used to pay close attention to the case count. Not so much anymore.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Why is that 92% doubtful ? Here in San Diego i'd say that number is a little low.You can see hundreds of people and only a couple won't be wearing a mask.In stores everybody has one on.

• Like 1

Couldn't she do an antigen test? I hired a company to remove bottom paint from a boat I have. The guys showed up and started grinding. One started hacking up a lung then lit a cigarette, I figured smokers cough but stayed away from them. Glad I did because when I checked with the company on why no progress was being made on paint removal they said both are out with covid. I don't wear a mask in the outdoors but always try to keep a good distance from other people. This crap can be anywhere now. Lesson learned.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Why is that 92% doubtful ? Here in San Diego i'd say that number is a little low.You can see hundreds of people and only a couple won't be wearing a mask.In stores everybody has one on.

For the very reason I gave. I didn't say it was low... or higher just not to be believed or trusted.  If you feel it's higher then run with it. It's likely better than what 'they' tell you on a talk radio show.

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

• Like 1

I go to check my email this morning and on the front page of Yahoo news is a story about Gavin Newsom attending a birthday party with a group of at least 12 at some fancy restaurant.Fucking hypocrite.I'm going to breakfast this morning and have to sit outside instead of inside because of this jerkoff.

Edited by john510
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Must be nice to go into town to a restaurant for breakfast. Waaaa

??? You can't go to a restaurant for breakfast ? My point is Newsom is telling us what we can and can't do and does what he says we can't.I'd prefer to sit inside,it's cold here this morning in Santee.Low 40's.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, john510 said:

??? You can't go to a restaurant for breakfast ? My point is Newsom is telling us what we can and can't do and does what he says we can't.I'd prefer to sit inside,it's cold here this morning in Santee.Low 40's.

I could but almost never do. Coffee for me and break my fast in the PM as a rule. 

He's just 'covering' his ass for later when TSHTF. As all politicians do

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I could but almost never do. Coffee for me and break my fast in the PM as a rule. 

He's just 'covering' his ass for later when TSHTF. As all politicians do

Yea these politicians usually cover their asses,after they get caught doing what they tell us what NOT to do.TSHTF some time ago.Later is now.Or in the past.I get one nice breakfast a week,always on the weekend.At work my breakfast is really lunch.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, john510 said:

I go to check my email this morning and on the front page of Yahoo news is a story about Gavin Newsom attending a birthday party with a group of at least 12 at some fancy restaurant.Fucking hypocrite.I'm going to breakfast this morning and have to sit outside instead of inside because of this jerkoff.

It's OK - he got permission from Pelosi.

• Like 2

John, Jimmy’s is staying open so is Junction 52.. my wife and I do the patio with the dogs often at a Jimmy’s .. we’ve been spending a lot more money than usual at the mom and pop restaurants in Santee and El Cajon trying to do what we can to keep the small businesses open.

• Like 3
On 11/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, zrex said:

John, Jimmy’s is staying open so is Junction 52.. my wife and I do the patio with the dogs often at a Jimmy’s .. we’ve been spending a lot more money than usual at the mom and pop restaurants in Santee and El Cajon trying to do what we can to keep the small businesses open.

Yes that's what the waiter told us.The city of Santee won't be sticking their nose into it at this time.I thought Jimmy's was done,they were completely closed for months.I know the owner recently passed away but his wife and kids are going to keep it going.I must have the Chicken Fried steak,eggs and hash browns once a week.Small businesses like that need all the help they can get.

• Like 2