Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also for the PCR. This is an RNA virus, they use RT-PCR to detect it against using 3 different specific primer-probe pairs to structural genes (from memory I think they were nucleocapsid genes but I'd have to go look it up again).

I have done shit tons of RT-PCR and RNA work (literally half my thesis was on this). IF you run a PCR reaction out past about 25 or so cycles on average you will get some signal just from plain replication errors, primer-dimers, non-specific signal and other crap. Hence the reason they use a probe setup, this is more specific and ideally you would want to see all 3 genes be positive. However, having done absolutely craploads of this type of stuff, including designing my own probe and primer sets, once you get past about 30 cycles it gets real iffy if I would call a positive signal a true signal. I personally have seen to many times were you can get a positive signal if you just run it long enough. This is why a negative and positive control are usually run also, if you see signal in just a negative water sample for instance you would get very suspicious of either contamination or some other error.

HOWEVER, this also depends a lot on which primer/probe sets are used, they have to all be independently verified and some work super well and some are kind of garbage. Generally, I would get very dubious of results out around 30+ cycles of amplification without a lot of independent verification that this was a real signal and not just an artifact. As I have not run the specific CDC primer/probe sets myself I can't say specifically for them. I would say if I started seeing "positive" results (CT) at 40 cycles I would be very suspicious it was an artifact.

I looked up the instructions, from their own data they "CT" cross the threshold around mid 20 cycles and plateau in about the 30s cycles with 45 cycles total. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD EXPECT from this type of test and fits very nicely with general practices and my extensive experience. (PAGE 33)

However, you then get to page 35 on how to interpret the results and you see why they have gone with a "failsafe" approach that over reports positive values:

Short form is they say

1. even if your internal control (RNase P) detection  (i.e., your "experiment" worked correctly) FAILS but you still have a positive result on the 2 covid genes you call it a POSITIVE result (THIS WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE ELSEWHERE).

2. Any fluorescence under 40 cycles is to be counted as positive (THIS WOULD ALSO BE UNACCEPTABLE ELSEWHERE).

In short the test instructions are designed to fail positive. Ideally, any weirdness and you would retest if still enough sample or retest the patient. But the test is inherently flawed on the science end. They have designated ANY positive amount and you would call the patient a positive sample. So my faith in the validity of the test can be called into question as it appears to ride more on policy and appeasement then the actual science. As an initial diagnostic this is fine, but the allowed range to call something positive is fucking garbage.

Here is the full bit:

 All clinical samples should exhibit fluorescence growth curves in the RNase P reaction that cross the threshold line within 40.00 cycles (< 40.00 Ct), thus indicating the presence of the human RNase P gene. Failure to detect RNase P in any clinical specimens may indicate: − Improper extraction of nucleic acid from clinical materials resulting in loss of RNA and/or RNA degradation. − Absence of sufficient human cellular material due to poor collection or loss of specimen integrity. − Improper assay set up and execution. − Reagent or equipment malfunction.  If the RP assay does not produce a positive result for human clinical specimens, interpret as follows: − If the 2019-nCoV N1 and N2are positive even in the absence of a positive RP, the result should be considered valid. It is possible, that some samples may fail to exhibit RNase P growth curves due to low cell numbers in the original clinical sample. A negative RP signal does not preclude the presence of 2019-nCoV virus RNA in a clinical specimen. − If all 2019-nCoV markers AND RNase P are negative for the specimen, the result should be considered invalid for the specimen. If residual specimen is available, repeat the extraction procedure and repeat the test. If all markers remain negative after re-test, report the results as invalid and a new specimen should be collected if possible

CDC RT-PCR original testing info:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/testing.html

Instructions for test:

https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

The RT-PCR test is ABLE to detect COVID.

The test can give a false positive due to interpretation of the results and is biased towards failing in such a way that it DOES give a false positive.

In short it is a decent "quick and dirty test" but has serious problems if that is the ONLY test you use or if you only test the patient once.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

I watched this from the beginning. They did a whole series on how to make a DNA vaccine of Rona.

Unless you are in your 70s and extremely unhealthy you are more likely to suffer serious complications from some home brewed experimental stuff than you are from Covid.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Unless you are in your 70s and extremely unhealthy you are more likely to suffer serious complications from some home brewed experimental stuff than you are from Covid.

Watch the series. Its a good one.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

Watch the series. Its a good one.

You ever yell at the people during a horror movie not to handle the idiot ball and go into the darkened house or ignore the monster once it is on the ground?

This is my version of that for this video.

• Like 2

'Close to 100% accuracy': Helsinki airport uses sniffer dogs to detect Covid

• Like 3
22 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

'Close to 100% accuracy': Helsinki airport uses sniffer dogs to detect Covid

Except how do you corroborate the dogs accuracy with an unreliable test??????? I say this is bullshit.

• Like 2

The Japs have a well regulated society. They understand infectious diseases and for generations have practiced how to prevent it's spread. Unlike N America where we live in a bubble of unawareness. It's going to take time to learn this. Like teaching kids in school not to litter and to recycle.

• Like 1

Atomic bombshell: We have proof that Rothschilds patented Covid-19 biometric tests in 2015 and 2017

You likely will not like this, but this is a PLANDEMIC and I called it that way back in this thread, they did this to us, if you want to know who THEY are I dare you to read this link, it tells you who, what, when, where, and why, to reduce the population of this planet to 500 million and keep it there, and mandatory vaccines are the plan.

https://thecommonsenseshow.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56cae7f811e7fc4a7f0b42d65&id=416a506d75&e=221e25edbc

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
On 2/28/2020 at 12:34 AM, grannyknot said:

The regular flu that comes around every year has a mortality rate of .5 - 1.5% depending on which variety it is,  Covid- 19 seems to have a mortality rate somewhere from 1% - 3%.  Those are my numbers just from reading the news where they give you how many people are infected and how many have croaked.  The thing that seems to set Covid-19 apart is just how bloody easy it is to catch, much more so than the regular flu.

Going to have to give up breathing too.

Have to agree here, my neighbour is a chemist and he said its soooo much more contagious than flu. Thats the problem. Plus it causes a lot of unforseen side effects...that said, Flu can cause similar too.

• Like 1

What TF did I get then?

Had apointment for 1:00 drove up, directed to park, leave running, open door, Dr says take hoodie off, stab, all done. Drive home and it's 12:50. Wife says WTF? Basically a drive through. 

I don't remember the last time I had the flu. Kids are all gone, I worked out doors, biked to work, don't go to bars, don't entertain or go out. All I know is how shitty (headache, stiffness, fever, cough, tired and miserable) I felt and how I would have done anything for just to NOT feel like that for an hour. There were several times I felt like I was coming down with something but it always passed in 2-3 days and I usually worked right through it. I always credited the flu shot for lessening it.

• Like 1

^^^This is amusing. I got a flu shot Thursday. First time in my life. Missus Kelmo is a CNP (Certified Nutty Princess...no really, some kind of nurse) and advised me to do it as I am mid 50's, still dumb enough to smoke, and could be considered a heavy drinker...it depends on the scale I guess.

Much like DM above I don't go out, don't entertain, no kids and bars? please, I can drink at home at a decidedly cheaper rate and only have to stumble from the shop to the house. I would bike to work but 43 miles one way is a bit much IMHO.

• Like 1