Covid-19 Prepared?

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

And now you're saying that if a sick person wears one everyone is safe and that's just wrong. They're better than nothing. Stops or slows larger droplets from a cough or sneeze or forceful talking that will fall out of the air sooner. Slows the fine stuff down but much less stopping power. If you can breath through them, stuff can go either way. Cloth masks and bandanas are a joke. None come with a filtration rating they simply look reassuring to everyone.

Masks are like Pants, shouldn't leave the house without wearing ...

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Piss is not microbial and aerosol. 

Although a very funny matrix it is not a very good equivalent. Its a reductive gesture for low information low effort people.    

I am OK with people wearing a mask to reduce aerosol sputum drops. Its not totally effective but its a decent reduction, but the data has come back that this virus is not as dangerous as once suspected. So the extreme overreach of the government needs to end. Protect our retiree population and preexisting afflicted and let the country move on. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 5

Holy shit.  Where the fuck are you guys getting this?   I don’t like to get personal on here but my wife a doctor of 15 years.  This is not only impacting elders at all.  Around 40% of youth infections are resulting in likely permanent heart damage, and around a quarter with lung damage.  This is predominantly KILLING elders, but the folks who seem to hardly suffer are ending up fucked for life.  Go find a doctor that thinks masks are dumb.  This will get better with time I expect, but we are not there yet.  Virus is still evolving to our biology.  

edit:  fuck it. I didn’t conduct any research.  I’m just going off other countries in better shape.  

Edited by tr8er

I’m 35 and....I tested positive.

Started into  Double pneumonia , cold sweats , nausea  , about passed out instantly more than a few times , clammy sweaty cold skin , back ached/tight , chest was bothersome overall  , shortness of breath , instant sore throat , no cough or loss of sense of taste.

i coulD not believe —-> HOW FAST <—— some of the symptoms came on....were talking mere ***seconds*** for some to show up ! 

I coughed up Small black garbage (6-7 times), brown/yellow-ish stuff mixed in with flem. Once the black stuff stopped coming out...I could breath DEEPLY again.

***my doctor said he wanted me to come back in ASAP if my chest discomfort (heart) got any worse. I wouldn’t doubt that some damage could have or did occur. Took some time , but the discomfort went away in about a month....slowly.....! I wasn’t sure if I was having a mild heart attack...dead serious.***

I go to the hospital 2x a week , I see VARIOUS age groups in there. They’re trying their best to handle it , but don’t go to the hospital unless you think you need to. 

Dont make the mistake of thinking YOU CAN JUST DRIVE to the ER if you’re physically compromised. I did make that mistake , I almost couldn’t drive period.... (live 3.5 miles away from the hospital  ). This didn’t feel like a normal flu , although , I’m lucky to have quite the mild case...comparatively. Took about 6-days to get through the worst stuff. Lingered around for another 6-7-days 

do I think I’m immune now ? 

No , no , I do not.

do I wear my mask ? Yes.

Edited by I'm BLUE

I get tested for work and there have been many false positives. People say they never felt sick because they really never had it. I had to fly back and forth to work and people on the planes suck. I think I am just going to stay iat my shack in the woods until this blows over. I know I look like a fucktard but this is how I traveled. It was actually more comfortable than cloth. It has the fuck you valve but I was always tested before flying.

20200610_195234.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tr8er said:

Around 40% of youth infections are resulting in likely permanent heart damage, and around a quarter with lung damage.   

edit:  fuck it. I didn’t conduct any research.    

I agree,i don't think you did any research.

Regular flu kills the weakest also. This just seems worse. Speaking of the 'regular flu' you never hear of anyone having just the flu this year. Surely some have had it some died from it.

To re-cap...

Masks range from useless to better than nothing. Never assume that other's choices in masks are safe for you.

Predominantly kills the elderly. Less so on the healthy and the young.

Avoid crowds and other people. Shop or go out during off peak times.

Hand sanitize every time you get in your car and specially after gassing up. While hands are wet rub the steering wheel, shifter, door controls, keys etc. First thing when you get home is wash hands.

Change your life style. Eat healthy, exercise, be more healthy.

Got kids in school? You're on your own. Mine wouldn't be going to school till this is over. Ask self how many times they have come home with flu or colds last year. Going to classes would be like walking around in WallMart for 6 hours a day. Every day.

Don't believe AMYTHING you hear on the news about co-vid numbers and testing. I've come to the conclusion that it flies in the face of common sense. You don't have to live in fear, just exercise reasonable caution. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Regular flu kills the weakest also. This just seems worse. Speaking of the 'regular flu' you never hear of anyone having just the flu this year. Surely some have had it some died from it.

I was offered a Flu Shot yesterday while picking up some meds at Walmart. Not for Covid, but for the "Regular" flu. I normally take it at my doctors, so I passed for now. 

2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

I don't think organic vapor cartridges stop viruses...?

It is a P95 mask same specs as the N95 except will capture oily droplets also. The reason I wear that is it seals perfectly. No foggy glasses which is a sign there is unfiltered air going both ways. Also getting packed in a plane with a bunch strangers wearing bandanas, buffs, homemade shit and whatever. Plus going the airport and arriving was about 8 hrs.I am not worried about dying from this but sure as shit don't want to go through what  I'm Blue went through.

2 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

I was offered a Flu Shot yesterday while picking up some meds at Walmart. Not for Covid, but for the "Regular" flu. I normally take it at my doctors, so I passed for now. 

Next year's flu shots haven't come out yet usually Oct/Nov up here. Has to be last season's shot and that 'season' would have ended May or June at latest.

6 hours ago, john510 said:

I agree,i don't think you did any research.

just real stories from a pediatric cardiologist and primary care doctor.  I don't have desire to conduct research studies in my spare time.  Besides, accreditation would be necessary first.  What is your source for discrediting me with such enthusiasm John?   

3 hours ago, tr8er said:

just real stories from a pediatric cardiologist and primary care doctor.  I don't have desire to conduct research studies in my spare time.  Besides, accreditation would be necessary first.  What is your source for discrediting me with such enthusiasm John?   

Well considering the way our media has used the Covid thing as a scare tactic and i've not once heard or read anything like this i decided to agree with you.I also Googled "children and Covid" and read through a bunch of articles (from the so called experts) about it.Not one mentioned it.No enthusiasm involved.

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Don't believe AMYTHING you hear on the news about co-vid numbers and testing. I've come to the conclusion that it flies in the face of common sense. You don't have to live in fear, just exercise reasonable caution. 

Beware the news. When one kid dies from co-vid apparently it's a dangerous trend.

2 hours ago, tr8er said:

I read the Jama paper and some of the papers referenced in it.

Interesting but still speculation and requires more study or proof, scary because it seems believable.

Truly a total shit show.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ooph! said:

I read the Jama paper and some of the papers referenced in it.

Interesting but still speculation and requires more study or proof, scary because it seems believable.

Truly a total shit show.

I couldn't get through it all either. Including is this 'damage' reversible? 

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I couldn't get through it all either. Including is this 'damage' reversible? 

That will be unknown for a long time until people have recovered, aged, studies performed and the numbers of inflammation related diseases are known.

Edited by Ooph!
6 hours ago, john510 said:

I misunderstood you.You mentioned youths.I'm thinking 18 years and younger.

You did not misunderstand.  My conjecture wasn't defended precisely by these links.  Lately we've been discussing what is being seen in clinical environments.  Studies will follow as always.  The topic is hot because school has started up in many states.  (not here).  Articles are out there, but nothing I'll hang my hat on.