You know you own a Datsun when.............

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For most people you'd be right.  Problem is that I drink.  My last memory of seeing it was saying "ooh! This bottle is starting to blister.  I should move it somewhere safer until I can put it in a new container."

I think that was a little over a year ago.  I don't remember where I moved it though.  I've checked all the hiding places I can think of.

For most people you'd be right.  Problem is that I drink.  My last memory of seeing it was saying "ooh! This bottle is starting to blister.  I should move it somewhere safer until I can put it in a new container."

I think that was a little over a year ago.  I don't remember where I moved it though.  I've checked all the hiding places I can think of.

Is there a hole in the floor of a shed somewhere, or perhaps a very clean spot on your garage floor :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

On the way to Canby you are waiting at a light and look over and admire your car's reflection in a semi's hub caps.

I can identify. On highway 680 North going through Pleasanton that section of razed freeway goes right along side a building with reflective glass. For a good 50 yards it offers a perfect view of what ever you're driving. All too often I find myself passing through there for no good reason. It wouldn't be that big an issue, but that stretch of road is 20 miles from my house. 

You know you own a Datsun when... You couldn't give a flying fuck if no one else get's it; you do, and that make you better than them.

mr-rogers-finger.gif

• Like 2

you know you own a Datsun when everyone calls it a piece of shit Toyota...... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

also... when you don't capitalize Datsun, and spellcheck says "did you mean Sundas?"

I'm not sure if it's Mac OS X-centric, but my spellcheck doesn't try to fix "datsun" anymore, I don't know if it finally learned it as a word, or maybe it just gave up on me. I know I put my spellcheck through hell and some times I think I should buy it some flowers or something, but I don't want it to get the wrong idea. I believe it's best for both of us to just keep our working relationship strictly professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's Mac OS X-centric, but my spellcheck doesn't try to fix "datsun" anymore, I don't know if it finally learned it as a word, or maybe it just gave up on me. I know I put my spellcheck through hell and some times I think I should buy it some flowers or something, but I don't want it to get the wrong idea. I believe it's best for both of us to just keep our working relationship strictly professional.

I right clicked it and added Ratsun and to dictionary on my Windows 8.1 comp. Datsun was already in the dictionary.

When you can recognize Datsun parts somewhere. A paint and body shop I went to yesterday to deliver a part had a pickup bed in the floor he was restoring. Doing a cedar bed floor along with fixing rust and paint work. Even without the tailgate being on I knew it was from a Datsun 521.

• Like 1