On 4/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, Soundline said:

The first school shooting, and attack I’m aware of was the 18 May 1927 Bath, MI shooting and bombing by Drool Cumhole.  Maybe I’m misremembering the name of the sick fuck who used surplus WW1 munitions to murder 38 children.  6 adults also died, plus, in the classical mass murder cowardice, Cumhole took his own life by shooting his truck which was laden with explosives.  

In response to this teachers started teaching weapons safety in schools and guns were common on school grounds until the mid to late 1990’s. We had very few school shootings from 1927-1995.  Cowards won’t attack armed targets. Now that schools are “gun free zones” the schools are perfect choices for mentally ill cowards.

aaaaaand here’s a 1911 to drool over. 

8B065521-3F12-406F-A947-B635882AD469.jpeg

A81995C2-392F-49AF-B77B-561503D0E748.png

$9,000 ?  Let's get real.  "Restored" firearms are worth less than the same firearm in original unrestored condition.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, MikeRL411 said:

$9,000 ?  Let's get real.  "Restored" firearms are worth less than the same firearm in original unrestored condition.

Well, yes and no.  Turnbull is an “approved” restorer so they can make a gun worth substantially more money.  For instance I know of several WW2 firearms sent to then that were acquired through the Civilian Arms Program.  They were 1911’s and M1 Garands in “field grade” condition.  Turnbull restored then to “excellent” condition and made them all parts matching to the original manufacturers.  This made the asking price 2-4x higher.  It wasn’t a cheap endeavor but they are absolutely beautiful pieces of history.

However, in this case I don’t think that 1911 is a good investment firearm.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

Just another AR-10. Lower was made and reat is all Falkor parts. Last one.  Went with a burnt Bronze Cerakote.

Beautiful rifle there.

And AR-10 is like 5 less dangerous than those scary AR-15s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

51302335551_17c62601c5_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

51303352880_5dbb869885_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

51301590557_da6d27b549_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Just another AR-10. Lower was made and reat is all Falkor parts. Last one.  Went with a burnt Bronze Cerakote.

Wait.

No magazine?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

not mine but too cool not to share.

da39b5cd-9e6f-4402-ad2c-6bdca54e88eb-jpe

2115f2af-52b6-4d6e-b0ae-05779a9bd38f-jpe

90b96931-b34c-421e-bdf3-6f66ec9bb481-jpe

9mm has been going down a bit recently and I am endlessly amused it takes Glock mags.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Been spending a lot of time out in the woods gold prospecting this summer. My home defense weapon won’t fit my holster, and was annoying to remove the light. Could have bought new holster, but more fun to buy another gun. Was looking at the either a .357 revolver, sig p365 or glock 48.

Revolvers are the go too wilderness gun, sig was nice just too small for my hand. Extended mag would have fixed that, but already spendy. Glock seemed like a good fit. 

1D26CB8E-379D-4319-8DF6-F2634C47699A.jpeg

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Draker said:

I may end up with the sig at some point and probably a tactical shotgun too. Gotta round out the ccw and home defense arsenal.

Glock: the Honda Civic of the gun world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Looks like the Glock equivalent of engraved tooling.

Bet it was a pain in the ass burning all those dimples in the plastic.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Draker said:

I know, fan bois for everything.

Yep, to each their own. To be fair though I do have a G17 but I converted it to 22TCM9R a while back. I'll take a Beretta 92FS any day personally.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been thinking of getting a few more lead launchers. Maybe a .380, something small. Although the sig p365 is nice in 9mm. But I already have two in that caliber. Maybe a .45 so I can drain my wallet faster… and also I need a shotgun. AR style look fun. 

gotta collect them all before there banned. Seems like there is good availability for arms and ammo. Prices are reasonable.

• Like 1