This thread needs more guns… checkout my 6.5 grendel build I just finished and put a ghetto spray paint, paint job on.. this is my coyote/deer hunting rifle…Troy stock, bushnell scope, olight flashlight 262E34D7-0AFC-484C-918E-DFE05CA68DDD.thumb.jpeg.865ded65fc0e5d49f44d5e5f1479d257.jpeg

my shtf rifle nothing fancy just the basics magpul furniture sig Romeo Msr

694FF7F8-1515-4281-BF15-9E84E4FF4535.thumb.jpeg.a7699c2459efb73da03f19163c49ba9a.jpeg

and a fun pistol build this is the girlfriends gun…

73156F2A-09EF-4CA9-AFF0-439CEC805171.thumb.jpeg.6d91bfe1c797daa7973c55e934ccb14a.jpeg

unfortunately these were all lost in a crazy kayaking accident in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico 😞 😆 

Edited by sick620
  • Like 4
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, sick620 said:

I have a friend and we’ve ran a test in his tattoo shop where one of us sits in his waiting room carrying our concealed gun and the other walks in the shop carrying a knife in pocket. After walking in that person becomes an aggressor and charges person sitting and draws the knife.. never has anyone we have tried this test on been able to draw their gun before being pretend stabbed to death… I also understand that most defensive shootings happen 2feet 2 rounds 2 seconds, so capacity isn’t all that important.. if someone starts shooting at me first and I can’t draw my weapon very fast and need to duck behind some cover and now I’m in some sort of shootout, I want to be up gunned with a reasonable amount of ammo…active shooters are also a current threat and if you shot once or twice, someone else returned fire in your direction once or twice , it would be very possible you would run out of ammo quickly… better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it …. 

Not to dismiss any of your point as it is absolutely valid but if you are chambering 357 fmj theres no shootout..he hides, you fire through his cover. 1 round, everything behind him paints..crisis over. Call your lawyer while you wait for a LEO. 😉😛

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Not to dismiss any of your point as it is absolutely valid but if you are chambering 357 fmj theres no shootout..he hides, you fire through his cover. 1 round, everything behind him paints..crisis over. Call your lawyer while you wait for a LEO. 😉😛

Good point… I change everything I said , I’ll just get me one of those single shot pistols that chamber rifle rounds, like 762x39… maybe if multiple attackers I can just wait for them to line up and plan my shot accordingly lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The “weapons can’t go off if dropped” is true most of the time with most weapons.  Sig Sauer had that issue with the P320 https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program and if you look into it there were reported injuries where individuals were shot by the weapon while it was resting due to a design flaw.  The two cases of the P320 spontaneously firing I’m aware of were both settled out of court in personal injury claims and the files were sealed.  I therefore haven’t read the evidence.

Smith & Wesson is recalling Shield EZ’s for a hammer cracking issue which causes guns to go off spontaneously.  https://www.smith-wesson.com/recall-notice-pistols

Same with their PPK, 460, 329… honestly just click this one and go through it. https://www.smith-wesson.com/search/node/Recall

FMK 1911’s suffered similar issues with the 9C1 model.

Taurus had similar problems leading to a class action lawsuit and recalls of nine of their models.  

PT-111 Millennium

PT-132 Millennium

PT-138 Millennium

PT-140 Millennium

PT-145 Millennium

PT-745 Millennium

PT- 609

PT-640

PT-24/7 pistols

Remington Model 700 bolt action rifles made from 2010-2014 were proven in court to fire spontaneously due to a trigger design flaw, more than 7.5 million rifles are affected, the case is pending appeal.  More than 12 accidental human deaths have occurred due to this.

This is a fairly good list.

https://www.thelyonfirm.com/defective-handguns/

I personally witnessed a model 700 tactical spontaneously fire at a gun range in 2013.  I was spotting for a friend as we moved out to the 600 yard target we were discussing wind hold for the cross winds. He was off the rifle but it was loaded and pointed down range.  It fired.

When my department was discussing switching from Glock 17’s to Sig P320’s I conducted drop testing using snap caps.  If dropped from waist height and it landed on the back strap, it went off 4 of the 10 times.  It thereby failed the drop test.

A firearm is a very dangerous tool.  I advise treating them with respect.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, sick620 said:

my shtf rifle nothing fancy just the basics magpul furniture sig Romeo Msr

694FF7F8-1515-4281-BF15-9E84E4FF4535.thumb.jpeg.a7699c2459efb73da03f19163c49ba9a.jpeg

and a fun pistol build this is the girlfriends gun…

73156F2A-09EF-4CA9-AFF0-439CEC805171.thumb.jpeg.6d91bfe1c797daa7973c55e934ccb14a.jpeg

unfortunately these were all lost in a crazy kayaking accident in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico 😞 😆 

Are these two Palmetto State builds?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Soundline said:

Are these two Palmetto State builds?

Yeah … those are the only two guns I’ve put together completely from them by just buying complete upper and complete lower.. all my other builds I’ve got a stripped lower than slowly pieced together… unless I’m building something extremely lightweight or precision or something I’ll probably just do psa from now on… just traded one of their psa dagger pistols for a 720, I’m kind of a fanboy 

2 minutes ago, sick620 said:

Yeah … those are the only two guns I’ve put together completely from them by just buying complete upper and complete lower.. all my other builds I’ve got a stripped lower than slowly pieced together… unless I’m building something extremely lightweight or precision or something I’ll probably just do psa from now on… just traded one of their psa dagger pistols for a 720, I’m kind of a fanboy 

I like PSA, after the pandemic hit I got swamped with calls asking me about guns.  I stopped working as an AR armorer a few years ago, but I decided to help a few folks build their own. We got the unassembled upper and lower kits from them and I was pleasantly surprised. I only changed the bolt and bolt carriers on one because the guy wanted one that was true mil-spec and in the military specifications you must do some additional testing that PSA doesn’t do.  So he got the parts and the test results from FN.

I think I’ve helped people put 12 of those kits together.  I like them.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Soundline said:

I like PSA, after the pandemic hit I got swamped with calls asking me about guns.  I stopped working as an AR armorer a few years ago, but I decided to help a few folks build their own. We got the unassembled upper and lower kits from them and I was pleasantly surprised. I only changed the bolt and bolt carriers on one because the guy wanted one that was true mil-spec and in the military specifications you must do some additional testing that PSA doesn’t do.  So he got the parts and the test results from FN.

I think I’ve helped people put 12 of those kits together.  I like them.

Same. All of my friends that either were Antigun or hesitant to own one either wanted to buy one of mine, or help putting one together… I’ve helped build quite a few for people because of the pandemic as well..

• Like 1
On 3/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Soundline said:

if you look into it there were reported injuries where individuals were shot by the weapon while it was resting due to....  

...the fact that a firearm is a very dangerous tool.  I advise treating them with respect.

Fixed it for you.  😁

Sounds like proper range etiquette would have helped with a few of those, but I wasn't there, so... 

I never point a gun in the direction of anything I am not actively trying to kill/destroy. 

• Like 1
On 1/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, datsunfreak said:

I have looked at a few, but the thickness of double stack mags and the increase in weight is just not what I want. If it's not comfortable to carry, I'm not going to carry it as often...

I think the real solution (for me) is just to go back to a mid-sized 1911, in either .40 or ,45. Yeah, it's less ammo, but it would be comfortable to carry a second mag if need be. 

And I have been told by a few former officers that it's not about how many rounds it holds, since seldom would you need to fire it more than once or twice. Assuming you are a decent shot. 😁

One told me, "if I am ever in a situation where I'd need to reload, or use 17 rounds, shit has gone so sideways I am probably not making it out of there anyway". 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, frankendat said:

I feel the same even with a revolver. Unless facing a coordinated multi-shooter attack, a single action .45 with 5 (carried on an empty chamber) is plenty. If society degrades into gang warfare or government sanctioned military actions against citizenry, I will reassess.

This is probably the most boomer things I've ever read and probably the worst advise some one could receive.

2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Sounds like proper range etiquette would have helped with a few of those, but I wasn't there, so... 

I never point a gun in the direction of anything I am not actively trying to kill/destroy. 

Sure, of the mechanical discharges I’ve seen without human input such as that Remington Model 700 self discharging when no one was even on the rifle aside, it’s hard to say.   Anything designed and made by the hands of men can and will fail.  

I’ve intentionally neglected to include cases where operator error was the definitive factor.  Those are typically regarded as “negligent discharges” or ND’s.  Desk pops executed by idiots are also something you have to understand in the firearms community.  

I was witness to an accidental shooting at a public range caused by an intoxicated individual who had a negligent discharge of a 12 gauge into a friend of his.  This occurred at a public gun range in the Wenas Valley outside Selah, Washington.  I helped the people involved to the best of my ability.  I also witnessed an incident where an Air Force guy shot himself in the leg as he drew his service pistol, a Beretta M9 that had been drawn out of the holster with a round in the chamber, the safety off, and an index finger inside the trigger guard.  Three strikes, and you’re out.  In this case, dishonorable discharge and a limp.  Neither of these negligent discharges were counted in my spontaneous discharge examples. 

Regarding your “pointing a gun” comment, you’d have to amend that to “never permit a gun to be pointed at anything you do not want to destroy” to be safe.  ‘Pointing’ the gun could include how you intentionally carry it.  A car accident I did a records review on involved a father carrying a Sig P320 in a custom shoulder rig that held the weapon in a horizontal manner. A head on collision occurred and the airbag set the weapon off.  His 9 year old daughter was incidentally killed when the weapon discharged.  The bullet traveled through the seat back and into the child.

I’ve also reviewed a couple of incidents where someone had a weapon discharge from an appendix position, and various 3 o’clock to 6 o’clock positions.  Either into themselves or into their fellow occupants.  

I know in text format I can come off as a “know it all asshole” but I’m just trying to help. I want you guys, gals, or whatever you are to be safe. I’d be fucking sick to my stomach if I had to review any of your cases in my research.  

Be safe my friends.

Here’s a cool MK12 SPR clone I found on the internet.

A8CB8DBE-87E4-4222-A42F-607047FEF568.jpeg

• Like 3

that being said, if i feel the need to carry a weapon with me outside of going somewhere to go shooting, i tend to have a round chambered and my daughter nowhere near me

and i rarely go anywhere outside of work and grocery shopping so i rarely have a weapon with me

• Like 3

I think it’s time we take her shooting.  We’ll go through tactical, zero distance contact shooting.  Just in case you encounter alien invasions, Russian invaders, Sasquatch, Howard the Duck, or… clowns.

We can use a good German gun like this.

0879A9CA-0F04-47A2-B7A8-0BE5E4E023DC.jpeg

• Like 3

It’s probably more fun to do suppressed shooting for new young shooters, more John Wick-ish.  

I took my niece out this summer, she’s 12, and now she’s playing COD.  It was really fun to watch her take one of these out to the range because the recoil is so minimal.

3C01E996-A369-481F-85EB-30751736FD0A.jpeg

• Like 3
On 3/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, Fat510 said:

This is probably the most boomer things I've ever read and probably the worst advise some one could receive.

You are free to not take it. Online pedigrees and unsupported opinions are as useful, as they are respected. In lieu, of presenting meaningful dialogue, you attempt to disparage generations who on the whole, have the most experience with what effectively kills. I am not a member of "the greatest generation" but incorporate many of their methods and firearms,as they have been proven by combat and time. I stand with the training techniques and firearms endorsed by Elmer Keith, Jeff Cooper, Townsend Whelen.