BTW, the photo is the metal framed 9mm "compact". It has a shorter barrel, and makes an easier CC than the longer versions. All of mine were "full size" versions. 

Unfortunately, they are making the type 3 version now (I had two type 1s and two type 2s), and it only comes in full size and sub-compact, not the compact any longer. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Compacts are “no good” anymore in YouTube gun culture.  Everyone wants the micro-compact or sub-compacts. Just look at the Hellcat, P365, G43, Shield, 503, and everyone else. Those are the flavor of the week.  

I’m a huge fan of whatever works for the individual shooter and level of anticipated threat. For instance bear hunting doesn’t cause me to carry an FN 503 9mm.  Also going to Dutch Brothers doesn’t really warrant a chest strapped Model 29 S&W.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Soundline said:

Personally, after surviving the 20 Nov 2005 Tacoma, WA Mall Shooting, I’m a huge fan of compact handguns. 

Also, I will never comply with private business rules on carrying firearms in their establishments.

Carry it right and nobody will know. Anti gun people are very unaware of those who carry. I see some who don't do a very good job of concealing their concealed pistol? Bit of a fatty myself so it's very easy for me.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Soundline said:

Also, I will never comply with private business rules on carrying firearms in their establishments.

We have signs here about that. My response has always been, I'd rather do a few months in jail than be dead. Only way they'll know I have it, is if I have to use it.  👍

• Like 2
4 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

We have signs here about that. My response has always been, I'd rather do a few months in jail than be dead. Only way they'll know I have it, is if I have to use it.  👍

My 4 foot 11 inch wife attended a neighborhood wives meeting at which the local Sherrif made a presentation.  My wife asked if she was frightened to go to some area and carried "a tiny gun: in her pocket book would that be OK.  The Sherrif replied that that [at least at that time] was only a misdemeanor and that any way no jury in California would likely convict a tiny little woman for protecting herself.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Carry it right and nobody will know. Anti gun people are very unaware of those who carry. I see some who don't do a very good job of concealing their concealed pistol? Bit of a fatty myself so it's very easy for me.  

If I have to go to one of those places, I carry. Mostly if I see that sign I ignore it.

6 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

In WA State it’s not a crime to violate a business restriction on carrying a gun. There are state laws on carrying into bars and some other places, which I also don’t go to.  

In this specific case two men were carrying which created a hostage situation.  I was told by Dan McKown, one of the good guys with guns, that he and the other good guy that I didn’t know, were both banned for life from the Tacoma Mall.

2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

My 4 foot 11 inch wife attended a neighborhood wives meeting at which the local Sherrif made a presentation.  My wife asked if she was frightened to go to some area and carried "a tiny gun: in her pocket book would that be OK.  The Sherrif replied that that [at least at that time] was only a misdemeanor and that any way no jury in California would likely convict a tiny little woman for protecting herself.

This is an interesting opinion, although it probably won’t stand up now.  I’m very familiar with a couple of cases where the woman was still charged and convicted.  

Im also aware of a case that happened in my jurisdiction, in my  patrol beat... perhaps even on my shift... where a woman, single mother of three, was illegally carrying a concealed handgun that she legally owned.  She used it to stop her own kidnapping by a multi time convicted rapist who had recently been paroled. However due to utter incompetence by the officer the paperwork on her was so fucked up the case was thrown out of court.  The officer, who shall remain nameless, didn’t arrest the woman, and didn’t follow procedures for referring potential criminal charges to the prosecutor’s office.  The charges of attempted 1st Kidnapping on the bad guy were flawless and he went back to prison.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Soundline said:

In WA State it’s not a crime to violate a business restriction on carrying a gun. There are state laws on carrying into bars and some other places, which I also don’t go to.  

I was slightly exaggerating for comedic effect. 😁

In Texas, a 30.06 or 30.07 sign violation (carry within a business that has a correctly sized and located sign) is only a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a $200 fine, no jail time or arrest. Also, the penalty never escalates regardless of how many times you violate the statute, nor does it impact your license to carry. 

So, it's really just for business owners to make themselves and their clientele feel "safer". 🙄

• Like 1
Just now, datsunfreak said:

I was slightly exaggerating for comedic effect. 😁

In Texas, a 30.06 or 30.07 sign violation (carry within a business that has a correctly sized and located sign) is only a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a $200 fine, no jail time or arrest. Also, the penalty never escalates regardless of how many times you violate the statute, nor does it impact your license to carry. 

So, it's really just for business owners to make themselves and their clientele feel "safer". 🙄

Addendum, that does not include bars (which I do not frequent), government buildings (which I at least try not to frequent), and churches (and that's technically up to the discretion of the church). My brother pastors a church and he told me he actually encourages his parishioners to carry.  😁

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

Addendum, that does not include bars (which I do not frequent), government buildings (which I at least try not to frequent), and churches (and that's technically up to the discretion of the church). My brother pastors a church and he told me he actually encourages his parishioners to carry.  😁

In the very rural part of WA I’m from there’s a couple churches that require carry.  If I ever go back there I’ll try to remember to take a picture of the “Know Guns, Know Jesus” and “no guns no salvation” signs there.  There’s only about 400 people in the town and let’s just say it’s not a place you’d want to fuck around in. (I can almost hear the banjos from here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got my 1st Covid shot today in a clinic with a no weapons sign outside. So they stick you and make you wait 15 minutes. The guy sitting in front of me stood up after his time was up and his gun damn near fell out of the back of his pants. I chuckled and said good catch, he looked at me pretty wide eyed, I guess cause he was outed in a way?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Got my 1st Covid shot today in a clinic with a no weapons sign outside. So they stick you and make you wait 15 minutes. The guy sitting in front of me stood up after his time was up and his gun damn near fell out of the back of his pants. I chuckled and said good catch, he looked at me pretty wide eyed, I guess cause he was outed in a way?

That’s like calling out a straight guy who just walked outta the sucking side of a truck stop glory hole.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Soundline said:

@BrothersGarage I wish you the best of luck with Kel-Tec. I’ve had negative experiences with them when friends used their handguns as backup weapons and had the critically malfunction in firefights as police officers.

I am not using them in a 'real life' situation, but I do have a keltec 9mm sub2000 that I've put thousands of rounds though. Maybe a handful of 'stovepipes' but it's been a really fun plinker. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

I am not using them in a 'real life' situation, but I do have a keltec 9mm sub2000 that I've put thousands of rounds though. Maybe a handful of 'stovepipes' but it's been a really fun plinker. 

I've always been told that Kel-Tecs are fun, but never trust your life to one. 😁

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Way more interesting than the title suggests (all about sounds of rounds at a distance).

When I was just a lad, my Dad took me to a military range, that had concrete target bunkers. I sat in the (open top) bunker and he shot various pistols and rifles at close and long range, over the top and past the sides. Bullets create a unique sound, when they pass by, he wanted me to be aware of that sound and take cover, if heard. This was way before Columbine or any of these loser fueled crowd killings. 

• Like 2
On 4/13/2021 at 10:33 PM, BrothersGarage said:

we need another fuckin stimulus, this shit's on my want list

Definitely on my want list too. Already have a Ruger 57 and a bunch of 5.7 ammo. Hopefully, they will actually build these in some decent quantity.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:26 PM, frankendat said:

When I was just a lad, my Dad took me to a military range, that had concrete target bunkers. I sat in the (open top) bunker and he shot various pistols and rifles at close and long range, over the top and past the sides. Bullets create a unique sound, when they pass by, he wanted me to be aware of that sound and take cover, if heard. This was way before Columbine or any of these loser fueled crowd killings. 

The first school shooting, and attack I’m aware of was the 18 May 1927 Bath, MI shooting and bombing by Drool Cumhole.  Maybe I’m misremembering the name of the sick fuck who used surplus WW1 munitions to murder 38 children.  6 adults also died, plus, in the classical mass murder cowardice, Cumhole took his own life by shooting his truck which was laden with explosives.  

In response to this teachers started teaching weapons safety in schools and guns were common on school grounds until the mid to late 1990’s. We had very few school shootings from 1927-1995.  Cowards won’t attack armed targets. Now that schools are “gun free zones” the schools are perfect choices for mentally ill cowards.

aaaaaand here’s a 1911 to drool over. 

8B065521-3F12-406F-A947-B635882AD469.jpeg

A81995C2-392F-49AF-B77B-561503D0E748.png

• Like 3