• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up a new grip as recommended and 2 more pmags.

Will look at a forward hand grip and maybe a bipod.

Where is a good place to buy bulk ammo online?

When they have stock, I’ve been happy with Wideners. Bulkammo.com has good deals here and there.

-------------------------------------

Wideners - more for reloading variety

SGAMMO- good place always had good results. They may still have the mil-spec 124gr 9mm available.

Palmettostatearmory- I like BUT you have to be patient for processing and shipping time to the best side....the West side....yo

Targetsportsusa - I buy bulk 22lr

Cabelas - online , will check holiday sales

Sportsmansguide ---- I bought from years ago , but not sure they're aight anymore

Ammoman - is a good one , like said , keep shipping in check...

Palmettostatearmory will advertise a lot of FREE SHIPPING items over the course of the year if willing to wait ! Especially holidays...

Gunbot.net will look up prices per round in a list BUT know it will not track or list every store or be exactly up to date....

I ordered from several smaller outfits for reloading supplies over the years just can't re,ever what they are atm.

If you have light striking primers ... FEDERAL is suppose to be the best.... I personally enjoy Winchester just as much if not MORE .....but will buy either on sale. Not a fan of Remington primers. But will buy their loaded general basic run of the mill cartridges on sale (won't go out of my way to get them). They are good I am just getting picky since I know what I want when reloading.

Finally I would advise .........making sure to stock up on the magnetic or non-magnetic tips of your choosing according to how you plan to target shoot. I do 2/3 target practice outdoors/wilderness , and rest on a private range. Private range does not care....my projectiles are magnetic. My Sig556 likes 62gr-75gr projectiles best. So far it does not like 55gr (40 shots through a nitride barrel carefully cleaned in between , so probably not broken in).

If I sound like a know it all....I don't know shat....lulz

• Like 2

20180307_184842.jpg

Sexy ^^^ !!! Love my x's stuff but still haven't shot my xds-9.... NOW....watch sprindfields website.....they will hold promotionals for certain models.... from models pur hased x to x dates/months ....

I got (2) free mags , a bag , holster , and small range bag when I turned in my info. Took about 3-4 weeks to get my free swag...

• Like 1

I see a lot of full auto 10/22 conversions.

And have seen barrels cut full of groves to look like the Thompson MG barrel.

Don't know if Thompson stock kits are out there, but that would make for a fun toy.

Go to the range in shinny black dress shoes, striped suit, and a fedora, then talk like you are from Chicago :)

I see a lot of full auto 10/22 conversions.

And have seen barrels cut full of groves to look like the Thompson MG barrel.

Don't know if Thompson stock kits are out there, but that would make for a fun toy.

Go to the range in shinny black dress shoes, striped suit, and a fedora, then talk like you are from Chicago :)

Most of those 10/22 full auto conversions turn out to be hack jobs on the safety lever allowing it to be rotated counter to the normal motion and this is a disaster in the waiting.  File too much, fail.  File too little, fail.  How many safety levers does it take to make an illegal conversion?

Most of those 10/22 full auto conversions turn out to be hack jobs on the safety lever allowing it to be rotated counter to the normal motion and this is a disaster in the waiting.  File too much, fail.  File too little, fail.  How many safety levers does it take to make an illegal conversion?

Not talking about illegal hack jobs....

Talking about conversions by licensed class-3 manufactures, and legal purchase with a class-3 tax stamp.

Quality conversions have a lot of machine work, and a lot of new & additional parts.

• Like 3

Why in the cornbread hell do manufacturers put those damned A2 front sight gas blocks on an AR with a flat top receiver?  I can't imagine they are any cheaper than a Picatinny rail block.  Dedicated casting vs small hunk of billet?  C'mon!

• Like 2

Why in the cornbread hell do manufacturers put those damned A2 front sight gas blocks on an AR with a flat top receiver?  I can't imagine they are any cheaper than a Picatinny rail block.  Dedicated casting vs small hunk of billet?  C'mon!

^ it irritates the piss out of me.

Ugh I agree,

but at least you still get a bayonet lug that way  :rofl: