What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

added a relay to the starter switch as it worked directly from the battery before, now it only works when its on ACC or ON. Also fabed up the rear shock mounts on the axel and but on new window seals.

• 2 months later...

I fixed my leaking master cylinder reservoir. Tried too install a A series starter in my

J series engine but the bolts where clocked wrong. Called a friend he somehow found me

a rare j series starter. He said the last one Autozone will ever sell. I waiting to see if right.

Then I installed a new to me set of tail gate chains. Ordered front lenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded it twice taking trips to the dump. First time was the normal bi-weekly garbage and recycling, second trip was to get rid of a rotten pressboard POS dresser that was falling apart. But first I had to air up the LF tire, was almost flat with only 10 PSI.

took out the 4 spd yesterday, put in the 5 spd today, on my way into Boulder.

Put in new rear main seal, new clutch kit. The 4 spd had a red spdo gear for 4.38, the 5 spd had a white one for 3.9. O am not sure the 5 spd belonged in the truck I took it out of. The gearing seems different.

4spdout_zpsc8d38962.jpg

5spdgoingin_zpsd6c9ece8.jpg

Pic_0323_WAYTOBOULDER_zpsba43d987.jpg

Pic_0323_BTTOBOULDER_zps75883513.jpg

headlight fuse burned out. I didn't tighten the pos battery cable so that might have been the reason it burned out. I also dipped my spare fuse block in vinegar and swapped them out. So far so good.

Got some new tires at Walmart, Goodyear Viva 2 195/70/14. Supposed to last for 60k miles. Only $56 each. Also got new tag and state inspection. Been expired since last July. Getting this truck drivable again. I have only been using it to take trash to the dump for the past year, which is only about two miles from home. Now I have to get the crappy carb replaced.

Edit update: now with a picture of the tires!

IMG_20130411_085020-1_zps89745840.jpg?t=