What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I broke the 521 work truck upper A frame bolts again today, that's the fourth time now, and I am getting tired of it, I fabbed this whole front disc brake setup several years ago, but it's getting old.

I limped home and it took a while to get one of the pieces of bolt out of the threaded hole, fact is the easy out broke off trying, so I grabbed a big punch(3 feet long) and the sledge, and punched it out of the hole, it took the threads right off the bolt piece, then I chased the hole with a tap, got the other piece out fairly easy, and put it back together, I used grade 8 bolts this time, hope this fixes it for the final time.

finished the texture paint and clear on my tool box, and did a color sample to my tail gate. yes i know it looks like hell, but this is just to see if i like the color and sheen. i'm ditching my tailgate altogether to make room for the tire carrier.

and the runs you can see in the tail gate paint are from the previous owners half ass rattle can job.

1334332964.jpg

1334332963.jpg

cut off the cat with intents to move the muffler from the rear to replace the cat. turns out they clamped it, welded it, and left the clamps on. psyched me out, now she sounds like the offspring of a v8 shagging a harley.

used up my left over 20% tint on my wing windows, just to see how it looks. hopefully by the end of the month, this truck will be completely blacked out. including the lights.

started cutting all the emission crap outta my engine bay. Its killing me, its an eye sore, and i am tired of replacing all those damn hoses. I know i have a leak some where. so when i get rid of it all, it'll look cleaner, and leak will be gone.

Also painted my hood. It was stock grey, PO rattle canned the truck black. and left two fat gray strips going down the hood. looked horrible. so Rustoleum, brushed on, looks better.

I don't post here much as my 620 is sitting in the back yary for the lasy 2-3years. But yesterday I removed the stereo, wiring, amp and CD changer. (that's how old the system is, lol)Still have some speakers to remove but it's all going into the 710 so I have tunes to Canby and back.

• Like 1

I don't post here much as my 620 is sitting in the back yary for the lasy 2-3years. But yesterday I removed the stereo, wiring, amp and CD changer. (that's how old the system is, lol)Still have some speakers to remove but it's all going into the 710 so I have tunes to Canby and back.

CD changer.... hell I figured you was still using an 8 track cassette adapter!

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced a small coolant recirculation hose. It had a pinhole leak that I didn't notice until the truck developed a severe miss... because, like always, it was spraying directly into the distributor. Mopped out the mess, replaced the hose, and found a missing vacuum port cap. 30 seconds later, spotted the cap in the driveway. It had apparently been off for a couple weeks, as the truck had had idling issues but with the cap back on, it idles normally again.

tonight, i changed the brown transmission gear lube and the split pea green diff lube in the red truck, and stole the battery out of my black truck to put into the sentra so i can move it and show it does run to prospective buyers.

Noticed a drop of lube back on the diff, so checked the level. It was full, the 90 weight looks new.

Cleaned the battery and battery cables. I do it once a year even if it hasn't started acting up yet ...

Replaced two wheels studs and bought some new wheel nuts. Now I have 16 wheel nuts on. Might be safer than the 12 it's been running on the last 11 months.

Checked front & rear brakes. Fronts still look new (15mm left of 16mm pads). Rears at about 50%. Very good.

Test drove it.

Ready for PoDatsuns!