What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Saturday I yanked the head off the red truck. Found my motor has been "played" with. And I like it! Sunday the kid and I yanked the short block out, without the use of a hoist. Not fun but entertaining. I wish I had gotten video of it. As of today I got bolts to mate it to my engine stand. Yay.....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

worked all weekend on a "wire tuck" (correct term would actually be clean up.) worked on it from friday

evening til 3am, pretty much all day saturday, and then til the afternoon sunday. took so long because

i wasnt familiar with anything, first time soldering, all the planning, id'ing, etc.

but through it all i deleted a few yards of wire, made everything look less jumble fucked, and discovered

the truck was originally an automatic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got new (volvo 850) window lover seals that go against the class, you may call then scrapers or what ever. Window washing fluid canister (volvo 850) with a pump (opel vectra). Got a new reverse light (used on tractors) and 1,5m of 7 thread cable for trailer socket.

ran that bitch outta gas on the side of 805 North

tumblr_meqk3hOHz51qe7x6po1_500.jpg

hahaha! been there many a times. Once it happened at 3am on my way home on the freeway and i had to use a yellow phone to call a tow truck only to have him sell me a gallon of gas for $75. Haven't run out if gas since.

it happened a few times in one day on the highway because the fuel system was so clogged with rust,

a few other times on random roads. hasnt happened in a long while, cuz i got the math right, i was actually

omw to the gas station and knew i was pushin it aha.

also replaced my starter today

went to oreilly, dropped it, brought it in, they didnt have it (duh, shouldve asked.)

so reinstalled and went to the other one.

its the second time ive used the warranty (3rd starter, total.)

its my fault because i have an oil leak (probably rear main seal)

and it keeps gunkin up the starter

AAA came to my rescue. oh and the reason i have AAA is because i keep getting stranded :)