What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

been working like a dog lately.... was able to squeeze in a little work on the truck after a dude BARELY missed backing into me, the whole time I was laying on the horn.... 

IMG_00930.jpg

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW.!!!

I am going to do air horns in the future!  Thats awesome and the compressor is small.  Like it.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a "honky" person AT ALL but I do want to be heard when need be & these are OBNOXIOUSLY loud

I am going to do air horns in the future!  Thats awesome and the compressor is small.  Like it.  

I'm not a "honky" person AT ALL but I do want to be heard when need be & these are OBNOXIOUSLY loud

I am currently not even running a horn since my relay I think went bad. Did you get those secondhand or new? I've seen some one eBay for cheap

• 1 month later...

Set cold valve clearances, couple of exhaust were almost 50% out, most a thousandth or two.

Drained cooling system, replaced leaking heater hose, flushed and refilled coolant, replaced rad cap.

Ran engine degunker through, changed oil and filter.

Installed air filter, fuel filter.

Vacuumed up interior, along with half the rotted passenger floorboard.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How'd you do that? Need more info!

I actually did this to my '93 Toyota 15 years ago: so I'm recycling mods...Anyway, the hardest part is getting the bed bolts off. Once the bolts are off you just push the bed forward, then check and see if your bolts go back in...if they don't, use a pencil grinder and clearance the bed mounts Not the frame mounts. Also when you push the bed forward it raises the rear of the bed up because of the rise on the frame in the area where the rear end is. To fix this, unscrew the pads from the bed crossmember and cut that part of the bed where the pads were screwed, and then trim those pieces you just cut off and put them on the inside of the crossmember, and then screw your pads back on using the original pad mounts that are now inside your crossmember. I plan on closing the gap about another 1/8th of an inch...for that: I will need to remove the bed to do some additional clearance work. Good luck!
  • Like 2

Busy week. New water pump, new plugs, figured out i had a dual point distributor with only one set of points hooked up, had new exhaust run, retuned the carb, ordered new shocks for the rear, got new wiper blades, sent thw money for my matchbox dizzy, got new side marker lights, painted the rallies, and gave it a little bath.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Lets see.  Finally got around to changing water pump.  Decided to change just about everything in the cooling system.  Broke a bolt off in the upper part of the thermostat housing and followed that up with breaking off one in the lower to the head.  Did get lucky!!!  The bolt is froze in the housing and not the head.  I can get it off but now how to pull the intakes.  Gives me enough room to spin the whole thing off.  Better than getting the head off and the bolt drilled out.  So now time to put my good exhaust manifold on while the crappy one is off.  Want to put my su's on but I am lacking a manifold that's not ported too large.  Also realized the brake master was dry with nothing showing on any of the four wheels.  Did find a large gathering of brake fluid on steering box so I reckon the master went out.  So I ordered more parts!  And charged battery.

• Like 1