What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

1648-noface.jpg

YOU DO NOT DO THAT, THAT IS NOT RIGHT, YOU ARE DOING IT ALL WRONG.

Is the truck okay? unsure.gif

yes everything is fine. It was just a little love tap, didn't even scuff the paint. Here within the next week the 620 will be going into the nice heated shop for the ka swap and let the oics begin.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rick-rat

Drove it to the graffiti garage this morning, picked up a rebuilt starter and replaced when I got home, other starter just needed solenoid, but was more to buy just the solenoid than to buy another starter. Was free last one I bought was lifetime gaurantee. My positive battery cable broke the lug that goes on the post, took it with me to get the right length, ,the parts guy said, defective cable, I will send it back so I need the package the new one is in. Told him didn't even buy the cable here but he didn't care, so I got a new cable for free too.

Got the tire fixed, installed the last 2 collector nuts, and then went to the muffler shop and had a new exhaust put on. The old exhaust was crushed, holed, and the muffler was a burned-out plugged up Cherry Bomb glasspack. Didn't have anything special put on, except upped it to a 2". Can hear the radio again. Been over a year since I could.

Of course now I can hear all sorts of not good noises coming from the valve train... Still have to adjust the valves hot though.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished cleaning up and re-painting the stock wheels....pretty happy with the results

You should be happy - your truck looks great!

I bugged Eagle_Adam for some information, he's been a great help in many ways (Thanks again Adam).

He got me to get some pictures (not easy for me to do right now) of my lastest upgrade, which I shared with him earlier ...

This is the tach I got, It's "new in box" made in the 70s (which I thought was cool).

Box is a little rough, but who cares?

1273189270570_vendio.jpg

I modifed the "clock delete plate" to except the tach - it was such a tight fit (but it felt really good)

PICT1756.jpg

Here I'm just holding it in place, I haven't mounted it yet.

I need to wire it up and test it first. Maybe I will get to that tonight ...

PICT1758.jpg

Those white faced gauges look great!

Well my poor old L18 might handle 7K for short periods, but I don't really want to push it.

It is easy enough to adjust that redline ... so when I get a better motor, I can crank it up!

PICT1761.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I installed and bled the new master clutch cylinder, gave my seat to the upholstery guy,

I took the Chevy rallies off today, Gonna paint them silver i think...

I still haven't decided on color really. Maybe you guys can help?

BTW the color of the truck is like a pistachio green.

I'm also going to run baby moon caps

300d34b2.jpg