What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice! looks good! how much does that stuff cost? ive never looked, but i would like to do that with my fender wells

I paid around $50 for a quart - Ive done the fender well, the insides of both fenders and the back of the valance and i have more than 2/3 of the quart left!!! i plan on doing the other fender well and the floor in the cab plus a second coat on everything and i know i will have plenty left!!

nice NRA sticker btw ;)

Im a life time member :D

Pulled off the plastic and sanded all the surface rust off the floorboards. ready for rustoleum then fatmat this weekend!!! Unfortunately my roof is starting to show signs off poor prep work with the bondo and now is cracking and I can see rust.angry.gif It’s feels endless but one day Lindsay will be clean and sober.

Pulled off the plastic and sanded all the surface rust off the floorboards. ready for rustoleum then fatmat this weekend!!! Unfortunately my roof is starting to show signs off poor prep work with the bondo and now is cracking and I can see rust.angry.gif It’s feels endless but one day Lindsay will be clean and sober.

went from this this

DSC_0018-1.jpg

to this

DSC_0025-1.jpg

• Like 1

Just some simple linkages, but keep in mind im not running any heater so the whole center under the dash is open space, there's more room under a 320 dash than most people would think considering the overall size of the truck, I dropped the pivot points on the brake and clutch pedal ehh 2-2 1/2 inches and re angled and added to the top of the pedal so they actually kick back at u when the clutch/brake is applied, using adjustable linkages I have a pivot point that turns the in and out motion to a sidways motion pushing the shaft of the booster in ....the entire truck is still in project state so it has not been driven yet.....april 2012 is my deadline to get the truck finished!

Fixed my flooding problem. I thought the return line from the carb had clogged up- truck had run fine for 18 months with the Weber with no flooding and ~30MPG, but around mid-August the mileage dropped into the mid-20s and I had fuel dripping out of the air cleaner. Float was still floating, but the fuel pump was forcing fuel in.

Around September I tried putting air to the return line to blow it out- NOTHING. 120PSI and all I did was make balloons out of the fuel return hose up front. Since the tank is not original (it's a 15+ gal aftermarket tank) the fuel lines are inaccessible. Tried a fuel pressure regulator, which erupted in Chelan in early October. Got a new regulator which made the engine starve for fuel on anything but "wide open" at which point it just started flooding again.

Irregardless of the weather, used this weekend to try and figure out where the clog was. Detached the hard lines and the connector block on the frame. ALL clear of clogs, but full of muddy brown fuel. Still clogged from that point back though.

Since I could kind of reach the tank connections through the rear wheelwell I decided to try and trace the lines. The supply line I deduced to be the larger line- it was. The vent lines had a "T" that went from the fuel tank to the vapor tank, up to the fill hose as well as up to the carbon canister. Popped that hose off and sent air down the hose from the carbon canister- yes, that line was both clear and correct.

None of these are the fuel return line though. There was one capped-off line coming up from the frame, I thought came from the bottom of the tank but no lines were there. The "cap" was a piece of 1/4" fuel line with a body screw held in with a hose clamp. NOT original. So on a whim I uncapped the line and ran air down the return line... yup, that's it.

The bugger was capped off the whole time. Whoever installed the aftermarket tank never hooked up the return line. There even was an extra corresponding capped line on the tank (that one was a factory dust cap though) . There's only maybe 2 1/2 - 3" of clearance from the bed to the tank top, but I was able to snake a fuel hose on there and clamp it on.

Ditched the regulator, and the truck runs perfect again. No more flooding, no more erratic idle. It's still a wonder why it worked for so long without flooding though. Must have weakened the float/float valve.