What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got around to doing the E-dizzy conversion on the '77 today, I've had the parts for over a year but hey, the truck was running so good, why mess with it right? Well I think it took all of 45 minutes to make it run 100% better. So nice. So easy. :D

I replaced the driver window regulator, inner and outer window seals, and cleaned up the wires hanging everywhere under the dash. I removed the clamshell off the column cuz it looks better without. But that left me no place to mount the ign switch. So... Since I quit smoking tobacco, I deleted the cig lighter, and mounted the ign switch in place of it! It looks real nice. Ran out of daylight. I'll soon be installing the new speedo cable so I can finally see how fast I'm going (that'll be wierd...) and install the new fan shroud. I wish I could have money to pay the bills, but still have all day to tinker with my 620.

I went to jy. Got a buncha parts. Installed rubber grommet for damn hood prop so it will stop falling on toes upon opening hood! Installed retaining ring for headlight switch. Got both connectors for fuse bank. Did some testing and then replaced my aftermarket steering wheel with a stock one off a 74 280z, now my blinkers have returnability (very cool).

from this:

e80037ed.jpg

to this:

38bae726.jpg

AND

from this:

285789_236543539700995_100000360528308_826586_899411_n.jpg

To this:

13591d7e.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow ill have enough time to mount the new mirrow and paint/mount the new fender then i should be back up to par since that dumb bitch hit me last friday biggrin.gif

b60f2245.jpg

Yes, just throw some rings in out. It's only got 5,000 miles on the engine. Previous owner did the work, I'm not sure what went wrong -- maybe it was the running at 5,500 RPM for hours on end, like my last trip to Canby. That never hurt my stock Datsun A12/A14 engines. This one was ported and NISMO parts fitted.

Today I have been getting my spare short-block ready to swap back in. Yellow should be better at high RPMs, right?

23486.jpg

Yes, just throw some rings in out. It's only got 5,000 miles on the engine. Previous owner did the work, I'm not sure what went wrong -- maybe it was the running at 5,500 RPM for hours on end, like my last trip to Canby. That never hurt my stock Datsun A12/A14 engines. This one was ported and NISMO parts fitted.

Today I have been getting my spare short-block ready to swap back in. Yellow should be better at high RPMs, right?

23486.jpg

For me it seems that dirty, rusty, and ugly seems to work the best, and last the longest. I know I have never heard anything rev higher that the A15 I had did, I lost my balance and stepped on the gas pedal, and lost the bearing in the water pump, didn't seem to hurt the engine though. I think it is weird that you would have lost compression on #1 & 4, maybe 1&2, or 2&3, or 3&4. I am waiting to see what you do about the head, you have a closed chamber head with a block with pistons that stick above the top of the deck, correct? Whats the C/R going to be?

Went to the JY. Got clutch master and slave for my bro's KC project tonight, his crapped out. Got the lash pads I neglected to grab when I pulled the monster performance cam outta one of the 620s at PnP. Clearanced my bumper for the new lower radiator hose. Replaced connector for temp sensor wire :) Daydreamed about how sweet it's gonna be when I get the dual webbers on my 620. All I need at this point is another webber, got all else. Thought about putting the cam in and putting on white doors, then chickened out. Love my truck but the bitch is spoiled.

I changed the oil and filter(wix) in my new LZ23 engine today, it's had the break in oil in it for about 500 miles. It just seems wrong to throw away oil that is still clean. I also took the whole clutch M/C and brake M/C system off my 1969 datsun 521 KC, put a longer adjustable rod in the clutch M/C, now I have lots of clutch pedal instead of having to push it all the way to the floor, I also made a steering column fitting to keep the air from coming into the cab, yea i know, oics or it didn't happen.

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

I changed the oil and filter(wix) in my new LZ23 engine today, it's had the break in oil in it for about 500 miles. It just seems wrong to throw away oil that is still clean. I also took the whole clutch M/C and brake M/C system off my 1969 datsun 521 KC, put a longer adjustable rod in the clutch M/C, now I have lots of clutch pedal instead of having to push it all the way to the floor, I also made a steering column fitting to keep the air from coming into the cab, yea i know, oics or it didn't happen.

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

Thanks wayno! for that Pic just gave me an Idea for doing mine now been holding it off for about 4-5 months now. Looks Good!