Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well lets see headgasket and timing cover gaskets. also fixed the damn timing since the person who built the motor didnt know what they were doing. and saw that it says 0.75mm on the pistons and i am not sure what it means i am thinking it is bored .75mm

I have been trying to figure out why my SD engine starts so poorly lately, so the day before yesterday, I put new glow plugs in the truck, it started great, once. So today I went to one of the diesel injection outfits and asked them what the old glow plugs were, they couldn't tell me what they were for, but they said they were good, so I went home and started to remove the new ones and couldn't get them out at first, turns out the end of the new glow plugs blew up like balloons, just freak'n great, $80.00 plus tax down the tube. Put the old ones back in and will find out tomarrow if it goes back to the crappy start, but at least it starts, or a really crappy start that takes starting fluid to get it going like the new ones. BTW, I went to harbor freight tools and bought a diesel compression test kit, it worked on #4 cly. and then never worked again. Sounds like them glow plugs. I'm having a day of "one hit wonders", I hope this is not a trend/rut i'm decending into. wayno

Found a cup holder at Vatozone that with a bit of Dremel mod, fits perfectly in the console tray of the 620 (Oics soon). Then, found a battery operated LED for the inside of my (temporary but necessary wintertime) can-o-pee that lights that bitch up like daytime inside. Then lost the clutch slave on the way home and did the dreaded tow of shame. :angry:

Guest DatsuNoob

Crawled around under that ol bitch's skirt today measuring, bending, and running a fuel return line. I'm having alot of fun with the bender. It's only the 2nd line I ever made, but I have fun figuring the angles and watching everything come together. Makes me wanna redo ALL my lines actually :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dropped the exhaust manifold off at the body shop for them to sand blast and apply high temp coating.

Continued to rebuild fuel pump, found gasket material for this step.

Polyurethaned the new door panel board and kick panels.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped the drive shaft and pulled the transmission. Started to remove 40+ years of grime from case.

Located a new fuel filler tube at local parts house.

Visited 2 parts houses to locate new fuel strainer for glass fuel bowl, no luck.

Cleaned alternator and starter housings (after verifiyng they are operable).

Painted 1st coat of paint on kick panels.