• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my 521

since beginning of the year.

Swapped a head gasket(put another head on at same time cause rocker arm was loosing valve lash,suck exhaust valve.

replace worn distributor.

Now replace a starter with a Autolite brand from Schucks.

I have to say the stock type Starter sound good as the gear reduction unit. I dont think the gear reduction units are really needed . More for bragging than real improvement on a daily driver. Maybe WINTER Ill find out for sure.

Yesterday I took the damaged RF rim and tire off as well as the LR, and put it on bricks. Then I got everything else out of the cab, took off my really nice mirrors and tossed on my cover. Secured it with bricks and said goodbye for a few months. It would take a lot of effort to steal her now.

promised pics of body work

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

and now what i did today was setup shed for head porting and start taking some material off. i disasambled the head last night. my little dremel tip keeps getting plugged up with aluminum... tips?

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1997.jpg

DSCF1998.jpg

DSCF1993.jpg

i think there was something in there beating up my chamber^

Let my kid move it. RamCharger 1, Datto 0. Now I neeed a front bumper and a fender AGAIN!!! I think everyone is out to kill my truck.

th_Picture275.jpg

th_Picture276.jpg

th_Picture278.jpg

th_Picture279.jpg

the one who caused the damage. chalk it up as a learning experience.

th_Picture280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Most of this was done during this week,been moving kinda slow with a sore knee. Pulled both bed's (Slixon came by and helped),Swapped rearends still not done the 67 is different from the 66 not by much but it's in, Gutted the red one inside and out,body is free from frame will take it to the shop to media blast it all, Swapped the drums and put in the disc brackets.

br16.jpg

br15.jpg

br12.jpg

br11.jpg

br4.jpg

br9.jpg

br8.jpg

br10.jpg

Good use for a Intercooler.

br7.jpg

br5.jpg

br2.jpg

br3.jpg

Installed KYB Gas-A-Just all the way around on the 620 today. Wow what a difference, like I just got a new truck! I'm certain the shocks were stock, they were SO mushy. Thought about GR2's for the front, but meh, who needs 'em... these ROCK! Then I loaded her down with scrap metal and waste oil for recycling. Whee!

Guest Rick-rat

Started on the disc brake conversion today, got the rear axles out and cut the backing plates off ( If I ever do this again will have machine shop press them off ) took a while to cut them off and cleanup the mess. got all the brackets on. Will repack front hubs tomorrow, replace the master cylinder and put the calipers on and get them bled. hope to be done tomorrow if all goes well. could have done this in 1 day when I was younger, takes longer to do shit when your an old fart

Added another stripe under the purpleish one...sort of a tannish cremeish. :rolleyes:

It's exactly the color of my rims...so yeah.

newstripe1.jpg

Pinstriping is fun, challenging, frustrating and rewarding :)