What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 510 has a Red one- came from Autozone (prior owner worked there)

I called autozone yesterday, said I'd have to go to a performance shop to get one, can anyone help me out, I don't need one but think it would be cool to have a red dist cap for my red 620.

Hey 420n620...I will call the store I usually work with and see what color the most recent supply is....they do change from time to time. If they are red, I will look into a price and shipment to you. Gotta have matching stuff under the hood right? ;)

Well after almost 3 months of driving around with out an ignition barrel and doing the old screwdriver starting <_< I drove up to Ingham and got a KV41 ignition out of an R31 skyline and fiddled around with it to make it fit on my 78 KC, only cost me $40 so it will keep me out of trouble for a while :cool:

"high" speed on my wipers has never worked, it would move so slowly if at all. Normally it did nothing. So a year ago i got a new wiper motor, finally installed it yesterday. Now my "high" speed works. Its really hard to call it high speed, when even tho it moves ok its really not that fast lol....

Today? Hmm. Think ill do some sanding and painting maybe.

Watched it get snowed on today...but a couple of days ago I madde this...

Console1.jpg

Its a tiny bit rough right now but its freegin sweet for a center console! Honda GL1000 motorcycle "gas tank" lid...they came with a gas gauge in the top hole...

I have never seen something random be this cool, fit this well and work as well! I am so pumped...plus it looks sweet in the truck!

Gonna fit the ignition switch in a bronze housing on the bottom flat area... :o

also fit some new window rubber to the passenger side glass...and installed sweet "new" 1969 vent window to the passenger side to match the drivers side already done (9 months ago) :rolleyes:

Toyota FJ60 window rubber fits...PERFECT!!!!! cut off extra from back side channel and slide it into front side channel...PERFECT!!!!! The corner is perfect, the width is...you guessed it... ;)

Ever see a 521 with one piece windows? Meaning without the vent? Just thought it looked pretty cool...I will be trying soon...620 glass maybe? and regulators?

Datsun11.jpg

Also made bronze door panels...until I can finish the 1964 Olds panels I will have later :P

We picked a color for my truck the other day. Going with a 1999 Toyota color. (Autumn Metallic) Looks awesome in the sun! Was going to paint it the original Mustard but since I probably won't be ever selling the truck and it IS my truck, I'ma paint it how I want! :lol: At any rate, here's the pic of a test spray. Gotta get the interior shot as the headliner and new glass seals are here! :w00t:

Paul

DSC_0106.jpg

Fixed the engine bay light. Fixed cleaned and painted the rear tail lights. Fixed the steering wheel, fixed the doors weather strip. and almost installed the retractable seat belt. I just need a drill bit to make a hole and install it.

Guest DatsuNoob

Worked the side mirror holes in my near perfect door from yello620 and got it straight as a pin w/no filler needed. Ground down more welds on the seams, straightened up the tailgate panel too. Getting excited about getting the body close to fully straightened.

washed it and detailed the inside in preparation for Golden Gardens tomorrow, and found that i now have a new dent in the truck i was unaware of till i was washing it... some ASSHAT took a hammer to my A-pillar on the drivers side.

th_Picture263.jpg

th_Picture264.jpg

th_Picture265.jpg

someone would get shot for that at my house! They make big dent, I make big hole!

washed it and detailed the inside in preparation for Golden Gardens tomorrow, and found that i now have a new dent in the truck i was unaware of till i was washing it... some ASSHAT took a hammer to my A-pillar on the drivers side.

th_Picture263.jpg

th_Picture264.jpg

th_Picture265.jpg

Its funny you say that, that's the same rifle I got. I can hit a target at 100 yards with iron sight!

Plus there's 2 30 round clips for the m1a1 and loaded! They won't be getting very far! Lol........

no shit! if i saw said person doing that, they would have a nice 7.62x54r hole in em..... and i am a good shot.