What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The factory Hitachi all you have to do is remove the top, rinse out the bowl, spay carb cleaner through all the jets and passageways and put the top back on. The most common problem is crud in the bottom of the bowl where the main jets fit.

I wonder if thats the reason for my low end bog.

Yesterday I Took the distributor out and cleaned it and made sure the vac. advance was still functioning.

Tomorrow ill put my new corner light on and whatever I see that needs to be done.

Guest DatsuNoob

Capped the rear of my frame with some 2 1/2" sq tubing, gusseted and welded it in, bought some more supplies to finish up the fuel cell install (steel, rubber, and fasteners). Trying to add weight in the rear. Pics to come

Capped the rear of my frame with some 2 1/2" sq tubing, gusseted and welded it in, bought some more supplies to finish up the fuel cell install (steel, rubber, and fasteners). Trying to add weight in the rear. Pics to come

adding wieght so it'll actually hook up under moderate throttle??? LEAD.... lots of it :D

Guest DatsuNoob

HAHA, yeah. Traction is going to be a little bit of an issue. I'm hoping my beefy fuel cell cage is gonna help preload the leafs a litle. That and 15 gallons of gas behind the axle should help quite a bit

Guest kamakazi620

HAHA, yeah. Traction is going to be a little bit of an issue. I'm hoping my beefy fuel cell cage is gonna help preload the leafs a litle. That and 15 gallons of gas behind the axle should help quite a bit

Put a FAT Girl in the bed Instant 300lbs!!!!!

Guest DatsuNoob

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a couple kegs of PBR and another bench in the back just for fun. (was actually thinking of picking up a keg for Canby if the money's there around that time) I had fun cruising around in the back of Carlos's truck, sitting on my old bench with Lynch.

Lowered the front further. Got new tires on the rear, finally have both 15's on the rear. Seafoam'd it (found alot of exhaust leaks.) ^_^ Ground down 18 layers of paint on my hood, now I have a black racing stripe. Is it just me or is older paint just really thick?

changed the oil, plugs, and wires. Then I adjusted the valves, which went well. Afterward however, the truck did not perform well. It's stumbling in all gears, but idles and revs smoothly. I guess it's back to the drawing board this weekend, it's good that my motor build will be rollin soon.

changed the oil, plugs, and wires. Then I adjusted the valves, which went well. Afterward however, the truck did not perform well. It's stumbling in all gears, but idles and revs smoothly. I guess it's back to the drawing board this weekend, it's good that my motor build will be rollin soon.

Did you recheck the specs on the valves after you tightened them? They like to tighten a tad more after you torque them tight which will make them run really tight and possibly not let them close fully.

Chainged the Castrol Syntec that had been in there for a LONG time! Way nice to run synthetic but I end up taking advantage of it too often. :unsure:

Started working on a stereo system to fit in the glove box and speakers that will be out of sight...all for the long trip to Cali that is coming up soon...

Tunes would be nice somewhere around the Utah border. :P