What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

spent the evening wiring up the electronics. got the wiring run, i hope properly, for the OE tach, and installed the HEI module. and i also instaled an older Datsun VC, installed the breather line and got the throttle cable hooked up properly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cammed? I wish I had a weber.:(

I gave mustard some new parts, including a preheater hose connecting the ex. mani to the air cleaner, and a new gasket/flange for the air cleaner seal. Drove it around, tried to do some donuts in the wet, but failed. Could be the new tires, lack of power, or something else...

Got my air bags and my 3/8's valve manifolds, some 15" chrome pathfinders with some 205-50-15's! ( Thanks Yello620! :) ) 5 gallon air tank, 10 gallon fuel cell.

Next to order is hiem joints, 4x 2 1/2- 3/16 wall square tube for c-notch, 3/8's DOT airline and some brackets for 4-link and bag cups! :)

Awesome man! Congrats! Sounded pretty sweet! :cool:

Nice shot of your arm too!!!:lol:

thanks! it does sound sweet with no exhaust.

Cammed? I wish I had a weber.:(

leaning to the assumption. but i dont know. it sounds badass though. real lopey. i like it. Sly-yota asked me the same thing when i talked to him tonight.

finsihed the exhaust work, installed the hood, grille and drives side 3 point seatbelt. the seatbelt is a touch too short though. i have no room ot lean forward so i might swap back to the 3 peice belts for now. then i DROVE it to Redmond Wa and back home. the ONLY issue i had was the speedo being slow to work.

Finished the shifter boot cover and changed the spark plugs.Then took it down the street for a Fun run! and parked it! Found a small oil leak comimg from the front seal,will fix later this week i hope!

SR5207.jpg

dude!!! if you are going to post this sort of stuff you HAVE to include a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled the hitachi off the 79 and took it apart to clean and kit. What a pain in the ass carburetor. At least after it passes smog, I can toss it and put a weber on it, and be back to simple again. :lol::lol::lol::cool:

I pulled the hitachi off the 79 and took it apart to clean and kit. What a pain in the ass carburetor. At least after it passes smog, I can toss it and put a weber on it, and be back to simple again. :lol::lol::lol::cool:

ah come on its not that damn bad, read the carb worksheet, label your jets and screws and your good to go! dont forget a bucket of carb dip!!!!!