What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Warmed it up for 20 minutes in this 18 degree weather, drove it around the neighborhood for a bit, then parked it in the garage where it will sleep (for a week) while I'm on my snowboarding vacation. Every drive in my truck is enjoyable, I just feel so old skool when I'm tooling around in it.:cool:

Finished stripping the interior out of my 76 to get it ready for the cab change over. Got a ton done to it yesterday. Man these things are easy to work on................................... Except when they're lifted!:blink::lol:

This is the pic of how far I got................................ Not bad for a days work with hand tools!:blink:

Can't wait till I can get at it with the air tools!:D

DSC_0108-2.jpg

I paid for my first datsun today. 325$ for a jacked up 620. It was red from the factory *I think*, the owner before the guy I just got it from didn't like the rust showing thru, so he sprayed it crap brown with latex house paint. I'm going to pick it up friday so pics should be up then. I went around it a few times, original engine is there, 4 wheels, and all the glass and body panels. The rest is details. I'm so excited to finally get a project car.

Installed my new Z-Car style side mirrors from Al Allen. Then drove it to the chiropractors. The dash really makes a lot of noise, I need to insulate the interior, install some nice carpet, and get a new dash cap, hopefully that will silence some of the noise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I adjusted the carb finally. Now the choke works perfectly and kicks off like it should. Turned up the idle just a hair as its kinda low. Took my door apart and fixed the window a bit, when rolling down it would get caught on the lock shaft, and the roller would get stuck on the track. Plus it made a horrible screech sound. All fixed, still rubs a tiny bit but works so much better.

Mocked up a muffler, cant believe how quite it is. It will be welded on monday! Have been running that damn truck for over a year and no muffler. Only going to cost 30 dollars to have a shop weld it on. I would do it, but i don't have a mig yet.

Removed the beat up junkyard front bumper. It was pretty crooked looking, and it weighs about 20Lbs more than my new OEM one. Weight reduction FTW! Also rebuilt the used 32/36 Weber I bought from Jefe de Jefes. I took a thorough cleaning to it, the fuel filter had about a finger-full of dusty crap in it.