What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Replaced my front pass. side brake adjuster, old one broke in half and the pads locked to the drum :D!

Thanks to Yello620 again, she's back together and re-bled, stops a lot better now. Drum fixes are just temp so I can move it across town where the rest of the project will resume!

fuel lines run, carb installed minus choke and throttle cables, alt and bracket installed, working on the radiator now (gotta mark the holes to drill so i can bolt it in), made the intake/adapter gasket, and am looking for the bolts to put my exhaust back on. kid rolled em up in a carpet after i told him not to. now they are missing as well as my starter bolts.

picked up some tires for it (gonna try to get the wheels painted next weekend) got the front clip (wheelwells and ratiator support) removed...going with a 1 piece tilt front end, so it all had to go. gonna start my own thread soon. Oh yeah, bought a shop manual for it a cheap book store this afternoon. Best $3.00 investment yet!

There's a Texaco service station in La Grande that has been redone to look like a 1959 era classic Texaco station that has recently turned on the vintage gas pumps. In a month or so, they will open up the service bays. I thought about trying to be their first customer for this grand opening, by freshening up the '78 longbed 620 with authentic Marfak lubrication and a thorough tune up & topping it off with Fire Chief petrol.

"You can trust your car to the man who wears the star!"

came home from work to see my wife(DATSme), w/ the help of a friend, had almost completely stripped her 520 to the frame to get ready for the body drop. now the cab's off and ready to go to oldsklminitrk to help us w/ the build. pics and build thread soon to come. :thumbsup:

Edited by FATT STRIPES
Guest Rick-rat

Finally finished my brake job today, nice to have it so it stops in a straight line now.

The rear drums were a pain in the ass to adjust, after some frustrating moments I found that pulling out my lowering blocks you can easily access the adjusters with a narrowed brake spoon

Fixed the bench seat hold down clamps, and installed my vinyl cargo pouch that I found in the junkyard for $2. Now I can put some necessary tools back there and have more room in my glove box. Also ordered the pre-heater hose that connects the exhaust mani to the air intake for faster warm up in the winter.

Well, it's winter..its cold in my truck and my heater switch never worked...so i got creative and made a heater lever from a "Ratsun" dipstick handle given to me by Datrod awhile back:D!! It turned out pretty good and it actualy works:)!! I connected a closehanger to the lever and hose clamped it to the heater valve switch by the firewall..and there you go..Heat:lol:!!!!

trucks025.jpg

trucks030.jpg

trucks032.jpg