What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

painted and reassembled my dash. looks great except for the one hole in the top that wasn't there when i got it. not a happy camper bout that.... tomorrow, hopefully, i will be installing my Pioneer speakers, installing refurb'd dash, and reinstalling my bench seat. the buckets are killing my back.

i fixed all the crazy trailer wiring that was in it draind the fuel tank its been sitting since 01 i think so i didnt want to risk it and did a compression test on my l16 thats in the red 521 it scored a 175 all the way across board that was the best thing iv seen in a while tommorrow pull the motor and drop it in the green one ill have pics

Nothing!!!!! Not a doggonned thing!!!!!!There, I said it!!!!!!!!

Any of You that know what I have been doing over the past two months know that I have needed a vacation FROM My vacation!!!! And the last 2 days, I have taken it!!! (Unless You count surfing all day on Ratsun!!)

Anyway, trying to get 2 trucks built, hauling BOTH to Parker weekend before last and then home............. THEN, getting ready and going to Irvine just about did Me in!!! So, I will touch NO TRUCK for at least another week!!!!

I'M ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark, can You relate??????

Replaced my '77 620 KC's starter motor this morning. It quit working yesterday afternoon. I got a pull start from a '79 Ford pickup so I could drive mine home. Drove my '02 Corolla in to Marysville, WA and picked up a remanufactured starter from Jim at NAPA/ Marysville Auto Parts on State Ave. Luckily, he had one right on the shelf, and it cost $40.00 including tax. I got the engine started only to find out the battery wasn't charging due to the fact that I had accidently broken the charge wire off from the alternator post. Once I found and repaired that, I jump started the truck from the 'yoda and it's roadworthy once again. The new starter is about 1 1/4" longer than the old one. Looks to be a heavier duty version.

Dan

will be ripping the head off my L20 to do a headgasket and valve guide seals. if all goes well i should have the truck pretty much buttoned up by sunday and maybe even running. we have to see bout that though. still need to wire up an HEI module (after pulling it from my 85 caprice), reseal the motor, and figure out what to do about the exhaust. oh and reinstall the dash, wire up the tach, figure out the lights, swap bumpers (AGAIN), and various other things.

What did I do to my truck today that was productive or worthwhile...or otherwise noteworthy?...well, here goes...). One of my trucks I had to make the terminal decision to have it towed away. Sad day in Datsun history...don't we just deplore the thought of handing over the title of Datsun that's a close friend (in my case a business partner) to a scrap metal yard? At least a wrecking yard gives others the chance to re-use parts, but this one went to the crusher. It was a serious lost cause so asking about salvageable parts like glass, drive train components, seats, etc. is futule I'm afraid.

Secondly, don't let this happen to you...letting a door get caught in a high wind with your ass facing upwind...sprung the front door big time a few days ago! Didn't crease the door, but wrinkled the left fender quarterpanel amd tweaked the hinges. Luckily the door still shuts and locks, but get those doorstraps on 'em first, folks!

Edited by mellotrongirl

spent the afternoonevening redoing the gaskets in the L20. all but hte rear main. didn't look like it was leaking plus i didn't want to deal with pulling the rear main bearing cap to replace it. cant wait to get things finished up. hopefully by wednesday. we shall see.

Replaced my missing domelight door switch on the driver's side and the totally rusted switch on the passenger side. Did some contact cleaning and creative soldering to the domelight assembly. Got my domelight working when I open either door! It sure is nice to see the Ratsun Light!

Dan