What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hitachi carb or weber? If hitachi what kit did you use and how was the difficulty?

over the weekend I rebuilt my carb and got my pathfinders mounted up finally, still trying to find a local steel yard with some 2 1/2 x4 square stock that don't charge 28.52 per ft.

DatsunProject025.jpg

Stock Hitachi ( think its a dch340 ) the kit, I got from Yello620, and it appears to have covered several models guessing from the left over gaskests. Difficulty wise, it wasn't too bad and really helps if you have a worksheet of some sort to go off of. My only pain was the tight fit around the carb, they sure don't give you much room to work with.

Stock Hitachi ( think its a dch340 ) the kit, I got from Yello620, and it appears to have covered several models guessing from the left over gaskests. Difficulty wise, it wasn't too bad and really helps if you have a worksheet of some sort to go off of. My only pain was the tight fit around the carb, they sure don't give you much room to work with.

Did it come with a worksheet?

On Saturday I took off the 15" 5 Star Moderns and put on 14" American Racing Chromies. The tires and wheels look 100% better.

Before and After Pics on the way.

Also, replaced the heater control valve and ordered Solex Door Locks from Hong Kong...$46.00 shipped.

New here I have a 86 720 KC

Today i painted my valve cover here is what it looked like before the weber all stock!

IMG_0094.jpg

Then got me a new Weber 34/34 carburetor! Here it is sitting next to the crappy hitachi!

IMG_0098.jpg

Valve cover removed and stripped of paint using paint remover in an airisol can.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Next i primered it with heavy particle primer and wet sanded it down with 400 grit paper until it was smooth!

IMG_0105.jpg

Then my camera ran out of memory..hehe so heres what it look's like with almost everything installed!

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Im loving the look! Now i just need to get the NISSAN Z decal made and put back on the valve cover! I also lowered the truck 2in and will post pics up as soon as i get the body cleaned up a bit. Hope everyone enjoyed the pic's!!

Edited by DAMN
New here I have a 86 720 KC

Im loving the look! Now i just need to get the NISSAN Z decal made and put back on the valve cover! I also lowered the truck 2in and will post pics up as soon as i get the body cleaned up a bit. Hope everyone enjoyed the pic's!!

DAMN! looks good! how does it go now?

after working long and hard (see build thread) i drove it outside to a parking lot down the alley and took a pic!! lame but its been a while

looks good man! question though, what wheels are those? i kinda like em.

as for me, i adjusted the steering wheel back a notch. it was crooked after i swapped wheels from my 78.

I used the Forerunner rear window seal and it's perfect! I purchased two NEW ones from the dealer for $35 (that's for both).

Take the old clips off and reuse, and cut the trim with a pair of tin snips as there is a metal strip embedded in the rubber. Don't make it too tight a fit. The first one I did, did not ride against the window, and I found out I had it too long and it made it bulge. Trimed a little off and it seals nice and tight against the windows.

I will get photos and post later.

what year 4runner seal did you buy? been wanting to do this

Bought an electric fuel pump (wtf? fuel pumps used to be $20~30, now they're $70?!), plugs & plug wires, and some skinny LED trailer lights to replace the smashed up OEM rear lights.

Oh, and got some new vacuum hose to replace the dry-rotted one to the vacuum advance on the dizzy. Amazing how something so simple will make such a big improvement.