What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

figured out why my 78 ran like ass. the carb was being held in place by TWO of the 6 mounting points. the carb adapter was held in by one bolt, the other was loose, and all but ONE of the carb nuts was tight. all the rest were loose. not to loose but loose enough. also installed a PCV valve in the manifold. i just hope it doesn't leak. and fixed the choke on the rebuilt weber i have. but i think i will have to tear it apart again and do the throttle shaft bushings soon, and rebuild my other weber so i have something that runs right.

Cleaned off the remainder of the 2feet of snow...and drove that suckah!

Drove it like I freeekin owned that mug!:lol:

Haha...yeah...it felt great to just be back behind the wheel after a few days of not being able to cause of the snow.:cool:

Got my new ( used axles/brakes ) installed, thanks Yellow620!, bled the brakes and she stops!. Next plan is carb issues :mad:, I really had thought I'de have the time and money to jump head into this project, but it's been painfully slow. Work has actually kept me busy and funds aren't the best right now with the holidays coming up ! :)

However, slow and steady always wins the race no? :P

Went to bleed the front brakes just to find out the passenger front brake adjuster is broke, the reason the trucks been dragging :mad: lo and behold finding brake adjusters is a pain in the ass.

Autozone/Napa don't have them, summit don't have them, rockauto don't have them, google don't bring up any solid leads either.

Guess I may need to be looking into swapping discs in the near future....

Hooked all the vacuum lines up and the last of the electrical. Ran into a weird issue but got it figured out. When I jumped my starter solenoid, my fuel pump turned on even with the starter wire disconnected. :blink: I found a bad ground wire on the back of the motor.

Well, I'll tell ya, the auto transport company that hauled my EV from La Grande to Hubbard, Oregon LOST my 620 EV conversion--it's been ten days and the rig never showed up at its destination. The auto transport company is highly rated & known for its efficiency & has been around for eons.

bad form

I dont see him showing up...will let you all know Saturday what happens...if it doesnt sell, I am just keeping it and starting my LOOOOOOOOOOONG term project!

Ok, get this..I posted this like 10 minutes ago and since I have had a 350 chevy given to me for the truck, and some tires also...long live my rusty little datty!!!!! I will post pics ASAP!.

Edited by lukey

loaded up all the trash and went to the dump, well I thought I loaded up all the trash, anyways I hauled off 420 lbs and then came home to find 5 more bags of trash that I forgot.

Edited by 420n620