What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Alternators seem to be going around...I wonder if it's viral? :o

Everyone keep your distance just in case.

Tested my Voltage Regulator and it was sweet :D

So I just replaced this...

Datsun90.jpg

Oh...finally swapped grilles too...the old one is reallt nice...polished stainless in very good shape. I was just feelin a change. This one came from a 1969 truck. I love the larger bars than my 1971 grille...

Datsun92.jpg

Datsun91.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i finally finished the exhaust on the truck...

its super quiet now.. like old grandpa truck quiet. it soooo nice lol

heres a pic of the final product out off the truck.. lol cherry bomb red

0e541b1f.jpg

aa833530.jpg

haha lol.. recycled muffler :lol:

47295e89.jpg

it looks good on the truck. ill get some new pictures here tomorrow..

haha!!

my charging system works again!!

finally got another working alternator. had to drive to the next county to get it from the podunk NAPA...

anyways, my battery is all charged back up, and the truck doesnt have a dummy light on now! yay

oh yeah, i made a video of the new exhaust. no driving, but whatev..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddV5yO3xms

Guest DatsuNoob

Farmer! I'm lovin the muffler/bed panel work you got goin on there :lol: I lolz. Hella lolz :rofl:

Str8 69, I'm diggin' those old cb's you got there. I love cafe racers :wub: :D Some day after the truck runs, I'll build mine. I have a 72 I'm keeping dry in the barn right now.

i got a new set of plugs today...

they were well overdue for a change..

i also got a new dist cap... no new rotor tho. once again, sourcing a part for this thing is becoming more and more of a hassle. week wait for almost everything.

im gonna move to portland... seems thats where all my parts are bein shipped in from lol

• 1 month later...

I POR15ed my whole pass side. still gotta put in sound deadner before the seat goes back in :P

my floors are solid with no rust and I plan on keepin em that way for a long time :D

and driver side is next week :cool: since I only got one day off this week :(

Last night was good for the 620. Pulled in the shop and had a few hours to my self with no wife/kids and started cleaning up my HID wiring, put in my new NGK plugs and NGK wire set now that i got the empi carb all dialed in and running how it should i needed to get the fouled plugs out of there. I stripped the air pump and a bunch of emissions crap off of there in preperation of getting the air ports on the exhaust plugged off. My buddy and me went in halfsies on a roll of professional window tint a while back. Well he called and said it showed up so it was an impromptu window tint session on the truck!! Tinted her 20% all around and I am going to do a tint drop once i get my new windshield in!!

It was so great to give the longbox some love before she gets parked for the snow season.

Bill