happy new year (yeah right)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad also to hear that you guys are OK, bummer about your ride. you might want to see if there was a camera at that light, if so you might want to get a copy for your defence. it will show when the light was red and whos at fault. good luck

B, Same sort of thing happened to me and my wife in '04. Our insurance company Farmers didn't go to bat for us at all. In hindsight I made a lot of mistakes, but I was in shock and she got hauled off in an ambulance with a broken back. I had three broken ribs, so I was spaced out as hell for days.

Can't remember how it works in California. The outcome of any injury accident in Oregon is pretty much about how much PIP (Personal Injury Protection) you decide to pay for and if you carry Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection and what dollar amount you pay for it. Un/Under is relatively cheap and the biggest bang for the buck. For us it was the difference between getting bent over with or with out Vaseline.

Farmers, our insurance company's adjusters were not going to go to bat for us in any way. When all was said and done, I got $1300 because I was self employed and they wouldn't accept my bookkeeping documents. She is self employed too, but had her taxes prepared by an accountant, so they had to deal with that. She still got ripped off in the end.

Either way it's a cup half empty or half full deal. Do you look at this like you are unlucky that you got your lives disrupted or are you lucky that you are still alive.

Forget about your car. It's gone and as far as insurance companies are concerned, it is a POS. You can present them with sales comps and receipts all day long. This lady just totaled it and jacked it off you with a three ton gun.

If I was in your situation, with what I know now, I would be ready for the long fight with the adjusters. I would not have moved. I would make sure that the police were called and that a detailed accident report gets filed. I would get the officers names, number, precinct written on a card and in my hands. Did I say that I would not move. I would wait for the ambulance and go to the ER. I would complain that my neck hurts, back hurts, hands hurt, can't hear, can't see, knees hurt, dick hurts and if I could, talk them into admitting me for tests and observation. Let them tell me that I'm not hurt. I would get referrals and make all the doctors appointments that I could in the following days, weeks, months.

I would ask people that I know that have gone though this to recommend lawyers and interview lawyers. Don't even think about talking to her insurance company's adjusters, or yours for that matter. Their job is to get this off the books cheap and fast as possible. Let a lawyer handle every thing.

Start a notebook and a file so you can have everything at your fingertips whenever you need it. You will. In Oregon your insurance company pays for all this stuff and then will file a lien on the other persons insurance. I would also file in small claims court for the max, just for the hell of it, lawyers won't be able to got to court with I don't think, so this is on you. You might be able to get your car money out of that deal.

I would also talk to you primary care physician for a referral to a Psyciaitrist to treat me for Post Traumatic Stress, loss of appetite, fear of driving, Etc.

The bigger the medical bill you can ring up the more the case is worth to you and your lawyer. Don't sign off on this case until you have exhaused all your and her insurance money. It doesn't sound like you will have to sue her, but you have a couple years probably to do that. Your friend might have to go that route, I hope not.

Don't take my word for it. Talk to everybody you can for advice. Time is on your side. Don't get get antsy and settle for a couple bucks just because you think you can get it right away. Stuff like this sucks and it will take a long time to develop.

For years and years I have paid, continue to pay, a lot of money every month for all kinds of different insurance and bonds for my business and personal. We are all in the same boat. Next time I'm in a situation like this, I'm goin to work the system better than the last time and chalk it up to expensive lessons.

I bumped my coverage for Uninsured/Underinsured and pay for about four time the minimum legal liability & PIP now. My agent won't even write a policy for the legal minumum.

Good luck.

sorry to hear about that, i'll lift your buddy up in prayer, glad to see u weren't very badly hurt, if u like i'll keep my eyes peeled for a 610 here in phx for ya, they should be pretty rust free, and in decent shape, let me know later how much u want to spend, again good attitude about life versus auto..speedy recovery to you both..:)

dude bonvo, im sorry man... glad u an buddy are ok, but that FUCKING CUNT can goto hell IMO. i would of seriously gone off on her ass she'd have had to get in her car an lock the doors cause it would look like i was gonna hit her lol... i fucking hate when people are like that.. leave it to some dumb cunt to not even fuckin care if she just almost killed someone but to care about her car more... if i hit someone, an it was my fault or not.. an they were seriously injured i'd feel soooo bad..

i've lost a car to an accident, that was 50% my fault for not payin close enough attention, an %50 was the stop sign bein over grown by a tree an u cant see it until your seriously goin past it... i had insurance thank god!

sn i hope you had insurance also! anyways take care, we're here for ya bro

oh an :fu: that bitch

so bonvo, does it have to be a 610? dont get me wrong i think they look frickin tight! but they're also kind of rare arent they? so if you cant find one what else would you consider? 510 an swap ur drive train in? 210 an swap ur drive train in? or somethin? that poor datto didnt deserve that.. but we will not forget her my friend.

Jesus, thats so ridiculous. I'm really sorry to see all this happen.

Glad you and your friend are at least not dead, I'm sure there are going to be residual injuries for quite some time. Please do everything right and make sure your properly compensated for the time, health and property you are now out on account of this cunt.

Best of you luck to you.

I look forward to seeing the evil-ution of the next project :-).

thanks alot guys for the support i appreciate it and deffinatly keep your eyes peeled for another one

my dad and i were taking a closer look today she is bleeding brake fluid and broke the tierod in half looking at the car gives me flashbacks of all the work ive put into it and to clear up everything i want to make this very clear this fucking bitch is going to burn im going to take every penny i can from this