Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, thisismatt said:

So, like everything EV, he/they don't really care about the environment as long as we push the harm abroad.  Got it.

I like to remind those championing EV, that the majority of them are coal powered. The next two paragraphs are from the EPA:

Twenty states (WV, IN, KY, WY, ND, UT, OH, MO, NM, KS, IO, NE, MI, CO, WI, GA, MN, MD, NC, and TN) generate more than 50% of their electricity from coal. In fact, more than 90% of the power in West Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky and Wyoming is from coal. Only 5 states (RI, NV, FL, MA, and AK) use natural gas for over 50% of their electrical generation. And of those states, only Alaska is a natural gas production state. The others must depend on natural gas transmission pipelines or liquefied natural gas import terminals.

Nuclear power is generated in the fewest number of states and only 5 states (VT, CT, NJ, SC, and IL) generate over 50% of their electricity from this source. Hydroelectric power generates electricity to some extent in a number of states. Over 50% of the power in WA, ID, OR, SD, and MT is from hydroelectric and it is over 85% in Washington, Idaho and Oregon.

If I get push back from the Elon Musk future super stuff will fix it, if we just believe, then I remind them of both the massive environmental cost of batteries AND the environmental cost of new stuff. The additional emissions  pollution, expelled by maintained older vehicles is offset by the pollution remitted, in not requiring construction of another new car. Shit, having never owned a new car and not breeding (The biggest source of pollution is additional people). I should get pollution tax credits, to sell to polluting corporations.

Finally, in an "of course they are" moment, Idaho has cheaper/cleaner power than most states, because of the dams, which you would think a non-confrontational, Win/Win good thing. But, every year, and with more and more success (the new "Californians" invading Idaho love "causes"), there are newspaper ads and campaigns to breach the dams to save the salmon. Even when an "environmental" power source works, i.e. pollutes less and is cheaper, the fluffy bunny assholes still find a way to bitch. I don't count wind and solar as viable because both would not be cost effective, if not heavily subsidized and neither has a plan to self sustaining profitability. Oh, and both wind and solar, are hell on birds, but that is rarely mentioned.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I like to remind those championing EV, that the majority of them are coal powered. The next two paragraphs are from the EPA:

Twenty states (WV, IN, KY, WY, ND, UT, OH, MO, NM, KS, IO, NE, MI, CO, WI, GA, MN, MD, NC, and TN) generate more than 50% of their electricity from coal. In fact, more than 90% of the power in West Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky and Wyoming is from coal. Only 5 states (RI, NV, FL, MA, and AK) use natural gas for over 50% of their electrical generation. And of those states, only Alaska is a natural gas production state. The others must depend on natural gas transmission pipelines or liquefied natural gas import terminals.

Nuclear power is generated in the fewest number of states and only 5 states (VT, CT, NJ, SC, and IL) generate over 50% of their electricity from this source. Hydroelectric power generates electricity to some extent in a number of states. Over 50% of the power in WA, ID, OR, SD, and MT is from hydroelectric and it is over 85% in Washington, Idaho and Oregon.

If I get push back from the Elon Musk future super stuff will fix it, if we just believe, then I remind them of both the massive environmental cost of batteries AND the environmental cost of new stuff. The additional emissions  pollution, expelled by maintained older vehicles is offset by the pollution remitted, in not requiring construction of another new car. Shit, having never owned a new car and not breeding (The biggest source of pollution is additional people). I should get pollution tax credits, to sell to polluting corporations.

Finally, in an "of course they are" moment, Idaho has cheaper/cleaner power than most states, because of the dams, which you would think a non-confrontational, Win/Win good thing. But, every year, and with more and more success (the new "Californians" invading Idaho love "causes"), there are newspaper ads and campaigns to breach the dams to save the salmon. Even when an "environmental" power source works, i.e. pollutes less and is cheaper, the fluffy bunny assholes still find a way to bitch. I don't count wind and solar as viable because both would not be cost effective, if not heavily subsidized and neither has a plan to self sustaining profitability. Oh, and both wind and solar, are hell on birds, but that is rarely mentioned.

You come in here, citing facts and using common sense with a complete disregard for feelings. It's almost like you thought something through a little bit before blurting out the first thing that you are told feel. 

It's actions like these that truly do the most damage to society.....

• Like 7
22 hours ago, Jahva Jef said:

after a couple drinks, I still might hit on the second from left

54 minutes ago, john510 said:

For me to hit that one would be a lot more than a couple of drinks.

I'd hit that.

At 120....

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ooph! said:

This showed up in my u toob feed, it is a good reminder of how stupid we can be as a species

Hey.... maybe there's just a lot of Jew haters in Portland. In which case the joke is on him.

He should try Chicago....

• Like 3

......and just like that cali democrats loved and had easy access to those awful guns they wanna ban.........

House Democrat says she sleeps with gun nearby after clashing with El Salvador's president

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/555981-house-democrat-says-she-sleeps-with-gun-nearby-after-clashing-with-el

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

......and just like that cali democrats loved and had easy access to those awful guns they wanna ban.........

House Democrat says she sleeps with gun nearby after clashing with El Salvador's president

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/555981-house-democrat-says-she-sleeps-with-gun-nearby-after-clashing-with-el

Better not try that within the boundaries of DC !

• Like 2
1 hour ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Her southern Cali neighbors would arrest her for "unsafe" gun storage....

"San Francisco requires owners to store every handgun in their home in a locked container or disable it with a trigger lock (a plastic or metal device that fits over the gun’s trigger and trigger guard to prevent the gun from being fired - they are available in versions with either a key or combination) when in a residence. The city of Sunnyvale in California goes one step further, and requires all firearms to be locked in this manner - not just handguns. San Francisco requires owners to store every handgun in their home in a locked container or disable it with a trigger lock (a plastic or metal device that fits over the gun’s trigger and trigger guard to prevent the gun from being fired - they are available in versions with either a key or combination) when in a residence. The city of Sunnyvale in California goes one step further, and requires all firearms to be locked in this manner - not just handguns. " https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_interest/gun_violence/policy/20m107c/

"Safe storage laws" are illogical, knee jerk, bullshit. The purpose of such legislation is solely to usurp the rights and freedoms of Americans. First, it undermines an argument of necessity for firearm ownership, protection of those loved. Requiring, by law, additional devices that inhibit rapid response. Second, one of the arguments in favor of firearm "safe storage" is protection from suicide. How would a firearm stored locked, prevent owner suicide? Unless, the owner is somehow prohibited from unlocking it. Finally, what standard of probable cause is necessary for police to "check" if the owner of registered firearms is in compliance with safe storage laws? Funny, that the ABA skates by the messy legal problems to focus on slanted and unnecessary statistics. (Who would debate that more people die by firearms in homes with firearms? Of course they do, more people die by drowning in pools, in homes with pools.)

• Like 4
6 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

A Democrat & a gun.....is this some kind of joke?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So,, America may be falling apart but my aunt in Georgia sent us our box of Vidalia sweet onions .. So things can’t be all that hopeless.  

although since they are white onions “some” might assume they are racist ... so there’s that 

AC7CAB9E-2D01-45D0-AB22-CA1B953FF235.jpeg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

So,, America may be falling apart but my aunt in Georgia sent us our box of Vidalia sweet onions .. So things can’t be all that hopeless.  

although since they are white onions “some” might assume they are racist ... so there’s that 

AC7CAB9E-2D01-45D0-AB22-CA1B953FF235.jpeg

Did you ensure "they" was the correct pronoun to use? 

Bullshit aside, what is a Vidalia onion used in? Does it have a different flavour to normal onions? 

• Like 2