19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Jimmy Carter??? how is he worse than Tricky Dicky????????????

Iran hostage crisis,interest rates,fuel rationing,etc. Definitely a good human being but not cut out for a Presidency.Nixon lied and was somewhat crooked like most politicians.If you think about it Nixon's behavior was nothing compared to the shit going on in recent times.

Edited by john510
  • Like 5
  • Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Some or all of that was not in his control or just ... bad luck. He didn't face fuck the interns. Nixon was a crooked lying POS.

Prove that he lied, you can't.

In fact : "Watergate prosecutor James Neal was sure that Nixon had not known in advance of the break-in. As evidence, he cited a conversation taped on June 23 between the President and his chief of staff, H. R. Haldeman, in which Nixon asked, "Who was the asshole that did that?"

Best ever.jpg

Edited by Ooph!
too much rant
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Knowing that he had a tape recorder going he certainly wouldn't implicate himself, on the contrary he could easily plant fake evidence.

He lied about the coverup. He was part of it. And to be fair, all politicians are liars.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Prove that he lied, you can't.

In fact : "Watergate prosecutor James Neal was sure that Nixon had not known in advance of the break-in. As evidence, he cited a conversation taped on June 23 between the President and his chief of staff, H. R. Haldeman, in which Nixon asked, "Who was the asshole that did that?"

Best ever.jpg

Why isn't Clinton, Nixon or Trump apart of that?

• Like 1

So what the fuck does his business do??? Modify engines? emissions equipment??? He goes on and on and on I couldn't follow. Most after market add ons are illegal, hell almost all stuff you can do to your vehicle is illegal! It's just that nobody has done anything about it.

Everyone else is doing it so why can't I ???

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

So what the fuck does his business do??? Modify engines? emissions equipment??? He goes on and on and on I couldn't follow. Most after market add ons are illegal, hell almost all stuff you can do to your vehicle is illegal! It's just that nobody has done anything about it.

The EPA is aggressively going after businesses just for selling modification equipment.  Not for installing it and/or using it on street vehicles.  Just for selling it.  Selling it to offroad/race vehicles.  It's disturbing you don't see an issue with that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think it's impossible to guarantee that only off road vehicles will use them. I bet most end up on the street and as the EPA can guarantee that a vehicle leaves the factory with reduced emissions and a correct emissions system they can't check every vehicle for owners that have modified them to make more power or w/e. It's only sensible that they would try to choke off the supply. Like I said the after market is full of illegal parts and companies that modify engine emissions. Full.

Saying "Hey I just make something that's illegal to put on your engine, I don't install them" is disingenuous. Hey I just make hand guns, I don't shoot people. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I think it's impossible to guarantee that only off road vehicles will use them. I bet most end up on the street and as the EPA can guarantee that a vehicle leaves the factory with reduced emissions and a correct emissions system they can't check every vehicle for owners that have modified them to make more power or w/e. It's only sensible that they would try to choke off the supply. Like I said the after market is full of illegal parts and companies that modify engine emissions. Full.

Saying "Hey I just make something that's illegal to put on your engine, I don't install them" is disingenuous. Hey I just make hand guns, I don't shoot people. 

So you're for banning/criminalizing anything that can be used in a manner otherwise than directed?  Even if every one of those products (turbos, piggyback ecu modules, standalones) was used on the street, it's such an insignificant % of the population that it's ridiculous to spend the manpower on.  The rules are a joke.  You can drive a 70's land yacht spewing straight NOx gases and be fully compliant, but you can't legally modernize that vehicle even if you reduce the tailpipe emissions by a significant amount.  

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Not sure if serious; but, no you can’t hold a seller responsible for the actions of a buyer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clickorlando.com/news/2017/04/05/melbourne-man-kills-roommate-with-wooden-elephant-statue-police-say/%3foutputType=amp

What people choose to do with something is all on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

The automotive aftermarket like this IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!  SEMA is fighting tooth & nail for it, but because it is government, it is near impossible.  The current administration is pushing EV (and quite a few ARE monetarily invested ie Jennifer Granholm).  The overall carbon footprint of EV is huge & they are ignoring the future of that carbon footprint.  I don't know these guys in the video at this shop here in Colorado, cuz it is a different "arm" of the industry that I was only involved with from around 1998-2006.......i see Sport Compact cars in that shop.  I'm currently involved in mostly classic/vintage, but we do some late model cars too.  I have a buddy with a small classic car shop that can tune his cars to run CLEANER with an aftermarket Weber 32/36 carb, but in any state or county etc where they do a visual "aftermarket/emission" inspection, they will fail the cars............EVEN WHEN THEY RUN CLEANER!!!  It is ridiculous.  FYI Colorado recently adopted California's CARB emission standards, so this industry here is now at HUGE risk.......just like these poor guys.  Sorry Mike, I simply do not agree..................the EPA is stroking us...............😣 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, thisismatt said:

So you're for banning/criminalizing anything that can be used in a manner otherwise than directed?  Even if every one of those products (turbos, piggyback ecu modules, standalones) was used on the street, it's such an insignificant % of the population that it's ridiculous to spend the manpower on.  The rules are a joke.  You can drive a 70's land yacht spewing straight NOx gases and be fully compliant, but you can't legally modernize that vehicle even if you reduce the tailpipe emissions by a significant amount.  

I'm not banning anything. It's been illegal to modify, in any way, your emissions system. It's illegal to remove or alter your vehicle lighting or restraint system too. But no one ever does anything about violators, or seldom does. I doubt there are many Datsuns that are totally emissions legal on the road. Mine isn't by choice. I'm aware of the risks and if I was pulled off the road you won't hear me whining about it like this guy.

3 hours ago, chandlerGTi said:

Not sure if serious; but, no you can’t hold a seller responsible for the actions of a buyer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clickorlando.com/news/2017/04/05/melbourne-man-kills-roommate-with-wooden-elephant-statue-police-say/%3foutputType=amp

What people choose to do with something is all on them.

So you can make meth because you are not responsible for how someone uses it??? How about a lab worker that makes biological weapons and sells to anyone? A gun maker who makes a carbon fiber/ceramic gun with a surface that does not hold finger prints and goes right through an airport metal detector? not responsible for their obvious intended use? Seems like the most cost effective thing to do here is eliminate the seller.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This /\   I'm pretty sure this guy knows exactly what his stuff is being used for.Whether he installs it or not isn't the issue.I thought they could work around stuff like this with "not for use on highways or roads" clause or something like that.Now i'm not defending the EPA because they're way too far out there with enforcement of certain things,fuck them.This guy should get a warning to stop selling this stuff,not a fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I drive stinkers not really on purpose but cat converter repair is expensive. 82 720 no cat stinks. 68 beetle no cat stinks. 2002 siverado duramax no real emissions stock and it really stinks especially if I run a tune on it. 1998 subaru only code is cat issue but only slightly stinks. 2003 highlander and 2007 rav4 cats actually work so no stink. Cars are registered in Florida or Maine and no one seems to care so far.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, john510 said:

This /\   I'm pretty sure this guy knows exactly what his stuff is being used for.Whether he installs it or not isn't the issue.I thought they could work around stuff like this with "not for use on highways or roads" clause or something like that.Now i'm not defending the EPA because they're way too far out there with enforcement of certain things,fuck them.This guy should get a warning to stop selling this stuff,not a fine.

He knows exactly what he's selling, who buys it, and it's intended illegal use. This, and fuck the EPA too. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I'm not banning anything. It's been illegal to modify, in any way, your emissions system. It's illegal to remove or alter your vehicle lighting or restraint system too. But no one ever does anything about violators, or seldom does. I doubt there are many Datsuns that are totally emissions legal on the road. Mine isn't by choice. I'm aware of the risks and if I was pulled off the road you won't hear me whining about it like this guy.

So you can make meth because you are not responsible for how someone uses it??? How about a lab worker that makes biological weapons and sells to anyone? A gun maker who makes a carbon fiber/ceramic gun with a surface that does not hold finger prints and goes right through an airport metal detector? not responsible for their obvious intended use? Seems like the most cost effective thing to do here is eliminate the seller.

Hmm, well that escalated quickly. Who decides what is ok and what’s not? You? VP Harris? That’s what the real issue is, what is ok for me might not be for someone else but if the government decides than there will be issues like this one. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chandlerGTi said:

Hmm, well that escalated quickly. Who decides what is ok and what’s not? You? VP Harris? That’s what the real issue is, what is ok for me might not be for someone else but if the government decides than there will be issues like this one. 

I'm not banning or choosing anything. I don't own some high tech newer car that I intend to 'modify,' and the Datsun I do own doesn't need anything special that I can't remove or modify myself. None of this applies to old Datsuns. It's simply been illegal all along and only now someone complicit in making and selling emissions modifying things start crying???? Boo fucking hoo.

• Like 2