• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I imagine it would be stressful to save the same life over and over. It becomes YOUR responsibility to look after someone who is so careless with it. One day they will succeed and YOU will feel guilty you weren't there. I'm not saying I wouldn't save a druggie's life, I just wish I didn't have to. Not only are they a burden on society in general, but saving one is an additional burden placed on an individual member. They are careless, but you can't afford to be like them.  

• Like 1

Quote from BTUFF

"And we're just getting started. By the time this is over, these prices are probably going to look like lala land. Home of the free money, $15 minimum wage and bigger government. At least there are no mean Tweets."

Trump vs Biden.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Quote from BTUFF

"And we're just getting started. By the time this is over, these prices are probably going to look like lala land. Home of the free money, $15 minimum wage and bigger government. At least there are no mean Tweets."

Trump vs Biden.jpg

Who was paying $1.77 a gallon for gas? We haven't seen gas that cheap in Washington for 20 years! Dropped to 1.99 fir a very short time.

1 hour ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Who was paying $1.77 a gallon for gas? We haven't seen gas that cheap in Washington for 20 years! Dropped to 1.99 fir a very short time.

Source  Gasbuddy, its a good app I use it. After looking at 2 year average I'd say Washington state is almost as bad as California when it comes to gas taxes.

Dallas price was 20 cents lower than the USA average but as you can see the average's started climbing in December of 2020, I wonder did that coincide with something?

Blue = USA average

Red = Seattle

Green = Los Angeles

USA 2 year average.gif

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

We were,here in Virginia.It was really cheap for a long time.

It's about $2.899 now,& $3.899 for ethanol-free 87 octane.

19 minutes ago, angliagt said:

If it is like over here, once they get the tip in they won't ever stop fucking you, it never goes back down in price once they have you bent over

Edited by Str8jacket
Spelling
12 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Source  Gasbuddy, its a good app I use it. After looking at 2 year average I'd say Washington state is almost as bad as California when it comes to gas taxes.

Dallas price was 20 cents lower than the USA average but as you can see the average's started climbing in December of 2020, I wonder did that coincide with something?

Blue = USA average

Red = Seattle

Green = Los Angeles

USA 2 year average.gif

I wonder did that coincide with something?

The price of oil!

Brent crude north sea is kind of the world standard.

WTI West Texas Intermediate is another standard. Usually goes cheaper because of transportation issues. 

OPEC has pretty much control of crude pricing because they can dump it opening up the taps.

Local politicians are the cause for local high prices. Gas is a soft target.  

1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I wonder did that coincide with something?

The price of oil!

Brent crude north sea is kind of the world standard.

WTI West Texas Intermediate is another standard. Usually goes cheaper because of transportation issues. 

OPEC has pretty much control of crude pricing because they can dump it opening up the taps.

Local politicians are the cause for local high prices. Gas is a soft target.  

An election happened

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Blue = USA average

Red = Seattle

Green = Los Angeles

USA 2 year average.gif

All this shows is that there was a dip around May of 2020 but the prices in May 2019 and 2021 are close to the same. Big fucking deal!!!

https://www.investopedia.com/exxon-q1-2021-earnings-report-preview-5181128

A little light reading. Exxon was on a losing streak since 2018. Aramco the Saudi oil company flooded the market but even they ended up operating in the red we ended up with some really cheap gas. After this lesson they are not going to do it again. I expect much higher gas prices going forward.

Did a little road trip up into the foothills Wednesday, forgot to fill up down here in Denver, same gas station chain as down here, had ONLY premium up there.......no lower grade/lower cost.  That was an expensive fill up, cuz yes, prices are up here in CO too! 🙄

Just for comparison and I've nothing better to do currently....

I buy AV gas (100LL), anywhere from 3500 to 5000 gallons. In November of 2020 the price per gallon was 2.60360. My most recent purchase in April came in at 3.49913 per gallon. These are the prices before taxes are added. I would have to do some more digging but it seems to me that 2018 and 2019 prices may have been close to the current price.

Feeling a little too lazy to do that digging right now.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

https://www.investopedia.com/exxon-q1-2021-earnings-report-preview-5181128

A little light reading. Exxon was on a losing streak since 2018. Aramco the Saudi oil company flooded the market but even they ended up operating in the red we ended up with some really cheap gas. After this lesson they are not going to do it again. I expect much higher gas prices going forward.

We where not very dependent on foreign oil during this time and Exxon imported quite a bit of their oil. OPEC flooded the market because there was no market. 

The Biden Cabal has stopped permits for drilling, Fracking and shut down the Keystone Pipeline, so don't tell me this was not their fault. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/oil-gas-bankruptcy-2020-north-america/&ved=2ahUKEwiq7cbr0d3wAhXZEVkFHXpcDXsQFjADegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw22ktNUcVrgWr1HigP2hRyJ

This! Oil prices had dropped so low it wasn't profitable to keep drilling. Less competition will mean higher prices. I won't give Biden credit if prices drop but those who say it was the election I guess will have too. 

1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

We where not very dependent on foreign oil during this time and Exxon imported quite a bit of their oil. OPEC flooded the market because there was no market. 

The Biden Cabal has stopped permits for drilling, Fracking and shut down the Keystone Pipeline, so don't tell me this was not their fault. 

This ^^^^^^^^^

Opec continued to flood the market and it benefited us! not the Russians and Iranians, why? because they have a common enemy.

Biden is now slowing U.S. production capability there fore enhancing Russian Iranian influence

He then helped pave the way for the Russian pipeline that we have been arguing against.

Just how will prices decline for us under these conditions ?

• Like 2
On 5/21/2021 at 6:05 AM, angliagt said:

$1.59 here up until February of this year. Now, it's $2.68. Being a disabled vet I'm able to purchase gas on Fort Sill. Gas on post for decades has always been 10¢-20¢ cheaper than downtown. Now, there's maybe a couple pennies difference. I think the bastards took some kind of fuel tax exemption away from the military folks.

23 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

$1.59 here up until February of this year. Now, it's $2.68. Being a disabled vet I'm able to purchase gas on Fort Sill. Gas on post for decades has always been 10¢-20¢ cheaper than downtown. Now, there's maybe a couple pennies difference. I think the bastards took some kind of fuel tax exemption away from the military folks.

The "standard" military post fuel supply contract usually states that the gas will sell for 5 cents per gallon under prevailing local station prices.  The only tax break is that normally if the base / post is always federal territory, not former private property, state sales tax is not added.

• Like 1