4 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

So,, America may be falling apart but my aunt in Georgia sent us our box of Vidalia sweet onions .. So things can’t be all that hopeless.  

although since they are white onions “some” might assume they are racist ... so there’s that 

AC7CAB9E-2D01-45D0-AB22-CA1B953FF235.jpeg

If you leave them in the box long enough,

the'll turn Black,& be "Less White".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

My job title is vessel "Master". Not how sure how long that is going to last.

You know that opens you up to being called a racists,

especially if you have a non-white working for you.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

So,, America may be falling apart but my aunt in Georgia sent us our box of Vidalia sweet onions .. So things can’t be all that hopeless.  

although since they are white onions “some” might assume they are racist ... so there’s that 

Okay Mr Yelnats

9020a7e7-8c92-48e2-bb53-627c1b074d07.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Okay Mr Yelnats

8 hours ago, Str8jacket said:

Did you ensure "they" was the correct pronoun to use? 

Bullshit aside, what is a Vidalia onion used in? Does it have a different flavour to normal onions? 

they are way more “sweet” and juicy .. great for onion rings and fried up to top burgers. Or on side like a pickle as there is very little strong sulfur flavor so you can eat them straight up.. it’s like the holes dude , you literally can eat them like that 

we have Walla Walla sweet here but these taste different because of soils .. Maui sweets are same type and taste different that either of those. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, angliagt said:

You know that opens you up to being called a racists,

especially if you have a non-white working for you.

Sometimes I am the minority. We all work together,  eat together confined in the tight living conditions of boat life and we have no issues. The official paperwork in about a dozen different places I have to sign daily says "vessel Master" Singnature. Been that way for hundreds of years. Just waiting to see that struck and how the term is removed. When the boats I was working on serviced the oil platforms we were no longer allowed to use the word "Rigger" .

• Like 1

In theatrical production Master is a very common term for the lead in any field, I have been a Master stage carpenter, Master electrician, Master Sound engineer, Master rigger. We also have 'up' riggers & 'down' riggers for people high up in the grid and the people tying things off below. People have mentioned that these terms should be changed over the years but most folks just respond with: RIGGER PLEASE! 🤣 

rigger.jpg

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

Meanwhile, in Guatemala.....

Shades of VP Nixon in '58 doing a Latin America tour. He came that close to being killed in a Caracas melee by a crowd of enraged Venezuelans who stoned and spit on their limo. A preemptive vilification of who was to become one of the worst presidents in history. In response the US Navy sent was ships towards Venezuela operation code name 'Poor Richard'. You can't make this shit up. 

1280px-An_automobile_that_has_sustained_ 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Shades of VP Nixon in '58 doing a Latin America tour. He came that close to being killed in a Caracas melee by a crowd of enraged Venezuelans who stoned and spit on their limo. A preemptive vilification of who was to become one of the worst presidents in history. In response the US Navy sent was ships towards Venezuela operation code name 'Poor Richard'. You can't make this shit up. 

Not even close to being the worst president, the current occupant is tied with #44 and #39 for worst presidents in my lifetime but I'm pretty sure 46 will make it to the top of the list

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

Not even close to being the worst president, the current occupant is tied with #44 and #39 for worst presidents in my lifetime but I'm pretty sure 46 will make it to the top of the list

Oh come on man now I have numbers in my head and have to think. Just drop names. #39, hey google. OK it was Jimmy. On a side note my mom went to visit family in the south back in the 70s and brought some Billy beer home.

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Oh come on man now I have numbers in my head and have to think. Just drop names. #39, hey google. OK it was Jimmy. On a side note my mom went to visit family in the south back in the 70s and brought some Billy beer home.

Biden, Obama and Carter. Haa it was popular and I wanted to try it but it was just cheap beer.

14 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Jimmy Carter??? how is he worse than Tricky Dicky????????????

In my mind Jimmy Carter's handling played a large part in the why and how of what Iran is today.

The era was marked by a slow economy, lack of available jobs, his administration seemed to have difficulty making decisions hence the support for the Shah at the same time negotiating with the opposition.

I was on WestPac in 1979 (Naval deployment) to make a long story short the botched hostage rescue attempt and the Algerian agreement sealed my opinion of that presidency. I can still remember the feeling of hope when Ronald Reagan took office, not just mine but everyone I knew at the time seemed to feel better about the future.

• Like 3

Nixon was a caught liar and a cook and was run out of office over the Watergate scandal. Jimmy was nothing like him though he was ineffective, inept, and also a victim of circumstances. (bad luck)

11 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Funny thing is I have been in a lot of shithole countries that hate america because of what their leaders have told them all their issues are Americas fault. If you say you are Canadian everything is buddy buddy. 

America WAS the cause of many of their problems !!!! Not all, but the CIA was toppling governments and there was meddling in their economics. Ruthless dictators were supported by them too.

• Like 1