Posted Images

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Sore fucking loosers.

That'd be "losers".  😉

Don't be one.  😀  j/k

On 7/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, datzenmike said:

react_haha.png did it again!!! I have a serious blind spot for loose/lose

• Like 1

In my experience the only people worse than the Quebec French are the Belgian French.  They want to be French too but feel inferior because they don't live in France.  They were the rudest people I ever dealt with in Europe.  I had a guy tell me "You are in Belgium, we speak French.  When I go to Chicago I speak English".  Ok, I agree, not a bad analogy, but application is a bit different in the world these days.  I did speak some German when I went to Europe, just not many other languages.

The Flemish part of Belgium on the other hand, very friendly.

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

If they want bi lingual that's fine with me. Do they still teach French in school in every grade? I don't remember any of my kids practicing it at home.

When I went to to school we were taught French - grade 5 & 6, then in Jr High 7,8 & 9, we started again with the basics, then in High school I took French again and yet again started with the basics. Boy oh boy I can sure speak "Bonjour Monseiur et Madame Thibault" very well!

Years later I went to Quebec on a trip (Montreal et Laval) and learned 2 things: 1) the French we were taught in school was Parisian not Quebecois, and 2) once the "real" Quebecers discover you don't speak "correct" French they are extremely rude.

But they sure whine for handouts of money from the rest of the country, just found out that during this pandemic and the shut down of sports, that our own football team had to give the Montreal team almost $1M in support. Add that to the other financial bailouts we have been forced to support (Bombardier, SNC, and many others).

Hence the 'fuck you Quebec'. I guess they are no worse that other dicks but I'll never ever go there so they can be rude dicks all they want. I worked with some Hondurans and know how to call someone a cocksucker and tell them their mother doesn't know who your father is. Doesn't come in as handy as you might think..... just like speaking French.

LOL, I worked with some Koreans fresh off the boat many years ago - the first thing we taught each other was swearing!

I enjoyed that line - "like wiping your ass with silk" Quebecois isn't as elegant though...

17 minutes ago, EDM620 said:

LOL, I worked with some Koreans fresh off the boat many years ago - the first thing we taught each other was swearing!

I enjoyed that line - "like wiping your ass with silk" Quebecois isn't as elegant though...

An aside.

I worked with a guy whose wife was  Lousiana Cajun.  Also had a co worker who was Hatiian.  Both spoke their native patois French which was 18thr century French language based .  They understood each other.  I suspect that the Q folks would at least recognize these two other "degenerate" languages since I suspect that their version is also 18th century derived.  By the way schools in Haiti teach both local and current French languages.

Second aside.  As an alternative to military service France offers a Peace Corps like alternative.  It includes teaching French to Cajuns.

50 minutes ago, Ratwagon1600 said:

America yes.  But Murica which must mean USA, no.  Well yes, but those who gets efforts are completely negated by the inconsiderate thinking they are somehow awesome by giving zero fucks.  Like the only effect will be their health so why care.   Fucking up world politics, global economy, and leading us to a debt bubble we will be crawling out of for generations.  Literally.   All seemingly because a president sees this as a threat to his re-election.   Holy fuck.  It’s astonishing how a polarized nation tanks.   Regardless of the outcome in November, this division has grown beyond repair more than likely.  If that isn’t apparent, your myopic view can’t possibly see why the election was influenced.  And believe me, I’m no Hillary fan so come with another angle.  Trump is not a Republican.  At least not in the definition of the party for the last century.  

you have the rest of the world closing it’s doors on you.  And you still think you are on the right side of this?   Fucking put the mask on.  Isolate.  Chill the fuck out till you can show the world you can tie your own fucking shoe laces.  Democrats, Republicans, libertarians, it doesn’t matter.  You can all spread this shit easily before you know you have it.  And it may only give you a cold, but you might kill someone’s parents.  Fuck, you as a vector could kill thousands.  You don’t know.  You are not uniquely qualified to know what is best.  The information is all available and virtually every other country has shown us how affective efforts are.  But it takes more than half the people.  This should not be a political issue.   Nothing in my lifetime has ever defaced the USA more than this.  Usually when a child has a tantrum, they just need a little time and they come around.   How long does this take?   

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Ratwagon1600 said:

What a stupid fucking question.Yes we're all aware of everything related to it.Too aware.

• Like 1

I tell ya, he's the anti Christ, the deceiver, arisen from the sea of politics sowing discord on all sides.  His three and a half years are pretty much up so expect the beginning of The Great Tribulation for another three and a half years and this means the Rapture is imminent so get your tickets now while the debit card still work..

600px-Prewrathchart.gif

4 hours ago, tr8er said:

America yes.  But Murica which must mean USA, no.  Well yes, but those who gets efforts are completely negated by the inconsiderate thinking they are somehow awesome by giving zero fucks.  Like the only effect will be their health so why care.   Fucking up world politics, global economy, and leading us to a debt bubble we will be crawling out of for generations.  Literally.   All seemingly because a president sees this as a threat to his re-election.   Holy fuck.  It’s astonishing how a polarized nation tanks.   Regardless of the outcome in November, this division has grown beyond repair more than likely.  If that isn’t apparent, your myopic view can’t possibly see why the election was influenced.  And believe me, I’m no Hillary fan so come with another angle.  Trump is not a Republican.  At least not in the definition of the party for the last century.  

you have the rest of the world closing it’s doors on you.  And you still think you are on the right side of this?   Fucking put the mask on.  Isolate.  Chill the fuck out till you can show the world you can tie your own fucking shoe laces.  Democrats, Republicans, libertarians, it doesn’t matter.  You can all spread this shit easily before you know you have it.  And it may only give you a cold, but you might kill someone’s parents.  Fuck, you as a vector could kill thousands.  You don’t know.  You are not uniquely qualified to know what is best.  The information is all available and virtually every other country has shown us how affective efforts are.  But it takes more than half the people.  This should not be a political issue.   Nothing in my lifetime has ever defaced the USA more than this.  Usually when a child has a tantrum, they just need a little time and they come around.   How long does this take?   

Kook.Nice finger pointing at the President as if he's the only one that's made it political.This situation is the best tool the left has come up with to destroy things.Just a quick question,if masks work so well to prevent the spread why is it spreading ? I'm talking about the whole world,not just the states.

• Like 1

There is nothing that can be done to save the willfully ignorant.

They will proceed to their logical conclusion.

Like a junkie or alcoholic whom wants to keep using even though it is detrimental to their health.

After a while one stops trying to help or hope and they just get written off.

And actually it is not just the willfully ignorant, it is also the born and bred plain stupid.

People who lack the intellectual capacity to understand complex issues and so are easily swayed by arousing their passions, getting in their heads and taking control of their psyches.

And eugenics is thought to be a bad thing.

Edited by dhp123166
11 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

There is nothing that can be done to save the willfully ignorant.

They will proceed to their logical conclusion.

Like a junkie or alcoholic whom wants to keep using even though it is detrimental to their health.

After a while one stops trying to help or hope and they just get written off.

I agree

Perhaps the root of the problem is that regardless of the country (Canada or US) we the people have allowed the political parties to get away with too much for too long, resulting in that no-one generally gives a sweet crap about who they are, and whether in the US where you have only 2 real parties to choose from, or in Canada where we have 3 (excluding the Partie Quebecois - that's a whole other topic), both countries end up trying to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Basically, both of our democracies work and things do get done whether we agree or not, and are more effective than the British parliament where they have too many parties and it takes a long time to get agreement. Could the US establish a 3rd party choice that would be effective? Can Canada effectively deal with the conflicts of ethics our "Mr. Selfie" PM has a habit of breaking? Trudeau has never worked a day in his life so he has no concept of what real people deal with every day, but he was voted in by Quebec and Ontario, NOT the rest of Canada.

Other nations aren't as lucky as we both are.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, EDM620 said:

Perhaps the root of the problem is that regardless of the country (Canada or US) we the people have allowed the political parties to get away with too much for too long, resulting in that no-one generally gives a sweet crap about who they are, and whether in the US where you have only 2 real parties to choose from, or in Canada where we have 3 (excluding the Partie Quebecois - that's a whole other topic), both countries end up trying to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Basically, both of our democracies work and things do get done whether we agree or not, and are more effective than the British parliament where they have too many parties and it takes a long time to get agreement. Could the US establish a 3rd party choice that would be effective? Can Canada effectively deal with the conflicts of ethics our "Mr. Selfie" PM has a habit of breaking? Trudeau has never worked a day in his life so he has no concept of what real people deal with every day, but he was voted in by Quebec and Ontario, NOT the rest of Canada.

Other nations aren't as lucky as we both are.

Generally speaking, the branches of the US government are not supposed to agree but they are supposed to compromise.

Even President Reagan knew this but the politics of no became prevalent in the 90's thanks to the malign influence of Newt Gingrich.

Edited by dhp123166
4 hours ago, john510 said:

Kook.Nice finger pointing at the President as if he's the only one that's made it political.This situation is the best tool the left has come up with to destroy things.Just a quick question,if masks work so well to prevent the spread why is it spreading ? I'm talking about the whole world,not just the states.

Just like seat belts. They don't totally prevent deaths in an accident but you'll agree they put a huge dent in it. When combined with other supplementary devices like air bags, padded dashes, recessed knobs, head rests and safety glass windshields the survival rate goes way up.  You probably wear a seat belt or are you one of those guys that say it's better to be thrown from a crashing vehicle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Just like seat belts. They don't totally prevent deaths in an accident but you'll agree they put a huge dent in it. When combined with other supplementary devices like air bags, padded dashes, recessed knobs, head rests and safety glass windshields the survival rate goes way up.  You probably wear a seat belt or are you one of those guys that say it's better to be thrown from a crashing vehicle.

What do you think ? Of course i wear seat belts and it isn't because it's the law.I even added shoulder belts to the 510 for my safety.And if it means anything,i do wear a mask while out in public,in the store,swap meet and everywhere else i go that can be crowded.My questioning the mask thing is more about the false sense of security it's giving people.The reality is most of this country are and have been masked for months now.We've isolated,washed hands,done what's been asked and look at what it's accomplished.These are the things asked by the health professionals.Why isn't it working as planned ? According to the media it was a Trump rally of 6,000 people and Republicans in small towns across America spreading the virus.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

I would be inclined to say these engineered lock downs is to some perceived political advantage that we will only be made aware of when it is too late. Like say you are the premier and you have sold out to the chinese government and they have offered a crap load of money for your soul and the keys to your state, but you are facing backlash from all other Aussies for being a traitorous piece of shit, well then, you ensure that this plandemic gets out of hand by purposeful mismanagement and then go into severe lockdown, ruin the economy  further, then chinese money is looking more attractive to a million people with no money. 

Lockdowns this week and people are evil for not wearing masks, 40000 people marching in the streets 4 weeks ago, perfectly fine, Covid understands. 

You Americans also have to understand that the media bias you experience over there is even worse here. Orange man bad! Never in 4 years have i seen a positive thing mentioned, not once, if you have that sort of bias you know someone is lying. Our self described leftwing, tax payer funded media broadcaster constantly barage us with, how racist we are, how even more racist america is how bad Trump is, how wonderful Obama is/was. And as for Trudau, he is a fucken saint! Probably one of the most wondeful human beings ever. 

It is all bullshit. 

• Like 7

The fact of the matter is that the reopening happened too soon. No I am not pointing fingers as pandemics cut across political lines.

California is very near where New York was at  the beginning of this as far as new cases go.

The important thing for me is too keep doing what I am doing as it is working.

I am wondering about flu season though.

It could be horrible or it could benefit from the quarantine and the opinion that people may not be running themselves as ragged as  they were before the quarantine.