Covid-19 Prepared?

In the province of BC...

Testing is recommended for anyone with cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones. Symptoms include:

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough or worsening of chronic cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sore throat 
  • Runny nose
  • Loss of sense of smell or taste
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Diarrhea
  • Loss of appetite
  • Nausea and vomiting 
  • Muscle aches

Draw your own conclusions. What would be the point without symptoms? Should I go in every day till I get a positive?????? Once a week???? So I know when to stay home and do what I pretty much am doing right now?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A positive test result shows you might have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.

Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies might provide or how long this protection might last.

On 7/19/2020 at 4:23 AM, john510 said:

Kook.Nice finger pointing at the President as if he's the only one that's made it political.This situation is the best tool the left has come up with to destroy things.Just a quick question,if masks work so well to prevent the spread why is it spreading ? I'm talking about the whole world,not just the states.

He is pretty close to the ONE making it political.  Largely the senators and representatives are calling for more stringent recommendations.  Governors and mayors were resisting re-opening when the president said its the president of the USA's decision when states reopen.  So basically it's the science community leading the recommendations to shut down, mask up, cancel large gatherings, and isolate.  Most of the elected officials interested in minimizing damages are on board for making the necessary sacrifices.  But there is one cabinet not willing to do this, and that is the executive.  Led by the president.  So if you see democrats calling for stay at home measures, and see that as a political move, the only reason you see that as political is because the president chose to defy basically every leading recommendation on how to deal with pandemics.   

• Like 1

-

So when looking to blame this cack-up for your elderly grandparent or parent or friend's early demise look no further that who's watch it happened on.... and then de-fund him.

Where's Dguy210? I'd like to hear his thoughts on the efficacy of masks of all kinds.

7 minutes ago, tr8er said:

He is pretty close to the ONE making it political.  Largely the senators and representatives are calling for more stringent recommendations.  Governors and mayors were resisting re-opening when the president said its the president of the USA's decision when states reopen.  So basically it's the science community leading the recommendations to shut down, mask up, cancel large gatherings, and isolate.  Most of the elected officials interested in minimizing damages are on board for making the necessary sacrifices.  But there is one cabinet not willing to do this, and that is the executive.  Led by the president.  So if you see democrats calling for stay at home measures, and see that as a political move, the only reason you see that as political is because the president chose to defy basically every leading recommendation on how to deal with pandemics.   

Trump has left it up to the states for quite some time.I have no idea why you think otherwise.Is he promoting re opening ? absolutely but that isn't forcing anybody to do anything.When has any Democratic state done what's been asked of him ? He's so outnumbered politically i don't know how you could even think he's the one making it this way.The left cried from the minute he suggested limiting travel to and from China.Sounds like it was the right idea at this point doesn't it ? Again,we've done what's been asked other than a few isolated areas of the country that don't have a problem.Look what it's got us,nowhere.Now i'm reading stories about the great job Cuomo did in NY city.You have to be fucking kidding me.

• Like 2
On 7/19/2020 at 4:23 AM, john510 said:

Kook.Nice finger pointing at the President as if he's the only one that's made it political.This situation is the best tool the left has come up with to destroy things.Just a quick question,if masks work so well to prevent the spread why is it spreading ? I'm talking about the whole world,not just the states.

Coronavirus Cases by Country | Nippon.com

227603.png

Call it bullshit if you'd like.  But I've seen countless demonstrations of countries with mask wearing cultures doing extremely well in comparison.  The USA is simply not doing it.  Despite rules and laws, they are not.  It is not in the culture, and it is looked at as weird, and people are not doing it.  Hawai'i had quite an easy time with it because we've grown up with masks being common on the streets and in stores simply based on the high percentage of Asian tourists and nationals.  They wear them normally in cities as a courtesy to others.  They should bring very little comfort.  It does give me comfort seeing everyone around me wearing them.  Most folks I know on the mainland are seeing people put them on in stores.  But as soon as there is no one telling them to wear it, they come off.  Groups walking down the street stopping to chat.  Kids having play dates with friends.  Bars.  If it isn't normalized and accepted, it will do exactly what we see happening.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

-

So when looking to blame this cack-up for your elderly grandparent or parent or friend's early demise look no further that who's watch it happened on.... and then de-fund him.

Where's Dguy210? I'd like to hear his thoughts on the efficacy of masks of all kinds.

Only an idiot would blame one person for this.

• Like 1
Just now, john510 said:

I don't blame one person.  The culture and following he's built are the ones carrying the torch here.  He had the opportunity to lead his following to locking down and isolating.  Deferring to the scientific community and trying to learn from global response.  The problem again is, if there is even a small minority who think this is all BS and we should re-open, their actions negate basically everyone else.  In the same way that an island with one guy and 1000 women can spawn a new civilization in no time.  A single infected dick without a mask can fuck a whole city.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tr8er said:

Coronavirus Cases by Country | Nippon.com

227603.png

Call it bullshit if you'd like.  But I've seen countless demonstrations of countries with mask wearing cultures doing extremely well in comparison.  The USA is simply not doing it.  Despite rules and laws, they are not.  It is not in the culture, and it is looked at as weird, and people are not doing it.  Hawai'i had quite an easy time with it because we've grown up with masks being common on the streets and in stores simply based on the high percentage of Asian tourists and nationals.  They wear them normally in cities as a courtesy to others.  They should bring very little comfort.  It does give me comfort seeing everyone around me wearing them.  Most folks I know on the mainland are seeing people put them on in stores.  But as soon as there is no one telling them to wear it, they come off.  Groups walking down the street stopping to chat.  Kids having play dates with friends.  Bars.  If it isn't normalized and accepted, it will do exactly what we see happening.  

I'd call it missing an important bit of information.TESTING NUMBERS ! We are testing far more than anybody else.It's a given the numbers will be higher.As far as Hawaii goes ? you're in the middle of the Pacific ocean man.Isolated from the rest of us.

Just now, tr8er said:

I don't blame one person.  The culture and following he's built are the ones carrying the torch here.  He had the opportunity to lead his following to locking down and isolating.  Deferring to the scientific community and trying to learn from global response.  The problem again is, if there is even a small minority who think this is all BS and we should re-open, their actions negate basically everyone else.  In the same way that an island with one guy and 1000 women can spawn a new civilization in no time.  A single infected dick without a mask can fuck a whole city.    

Says he isn't blaming one person and then......Jesus.

5 hours ago, john510 said:

Exactly again.If you don't have Covid why do you need to wear a mask ? the vast majority of us don't have it but wearing a mask will stop the spread ? 

How do you know you don't have it?  It takes 1-3 days to get results from a test.  And you could have been infected in that time.  asymptomatic people, meaning people who are walking talking carriers that show no symptoms and look fine, are the real issue here.  They don't think they are infected so they don't make efforts to isolate.  A mask on everyone ensures that their infection will cause the least damage possible.  And through contact tracing they will be found in much less time.    

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

In the province of BC...

Testing is recommended for anyone with cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones. Symptoms include:

• Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough or worsening of chronic cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sore throat 
  • Runny nose
  • Loss of sense of smell or taste
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Diarrhea
  • Loss of appetite
  • Nausea and vomiting 
  • Muscle aches

Draw your own conclusions. What would be the point without symptoms? Should I go in every day till I get a positive?????? Once a week???? So I know when to stay home and do what I pretty much am doing right now?

Presume you may be infected always.  No need to test without symptoms because there is risk even going to the test facility.  By presuming you are infected, you will take safety measures that prevent infecting others.  

1 minute ago, tr8er said:

How do you know you don't have it?  It takes 1-3 days to get results from a test.  And you could have been infected in that time.  asymptomatic people, meaning people who are walking talking carriers that show no symptoms and look fine, are the real issue here.  They don't think they are infected so they don't make efforts to isolate.  A mask on everyone ensures that their infection will cause the least damage possible.  And through contact tracing they will be found in much less time.    

I don't know i don't have it.I don't know if the cold i had in January was it or not.That same cold messed my wife up for two weeks but didn't do shit to me.Frankly i don't give a shit about being tested because it does nothing to help me.I'm stuck home anyway because of this.I go out when i need to or when i want to.Nobody is going to keep me captive in my own home.And the biggest issue i have with testing is the deception,i'm not going to be part of it unless forced to.I believe we're being fed some bullshit.Some die with it but not from it and what do they list it as ? a Covid death.That's just wrong and we all should agree with that.Lecture Mike on "how do you know you don't have it" At least i wear a mask out in public and have practiced what's been suggested,imagine that for a Trump supporter.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, john510 said:

I don't know i don't have it.I don't know if the cold i had in January was it or not.That same cold messed my wife up for two weeks but didn't do shit to me.Frankly i don't give a shit about being tested because it does nothing to help me.I'm stuck home anyway because of this.I go out when i need to or when i want to.Nobody is going to keep me captive in my own home.And the biggest issue i have with testing is the deception,i'm not going to be part of it unless forced to.I believe we're being fed some bullshit.Some die with it but not from it and what do they list it as ? a Covid death.That's just wrong and we all should agree with that.Lecture Mike on "how do you know you don't have it" At least i wear a mask out in public and have practiced what's been suggested,imagine that for a Trump supporter.

Glaring example of politics affecting actions.  You feel lied to, and of course that impacts your decisions.  Doctors were advised to classify deaths related to severe respiratory illness' as CoVid19 deaths.  This may have been in an effort to prevent wasteful use of test kits, or to expedite data to the CDC, or to press for funding to assist in the crisis hospitals were dealing with.  The real issue though is that it bothered you so much.  And the reason that bothered you was because the executive branch was having trouble with the image they'd presented of a non issue virus that will go away.  Now this data was making them look bad and they presented it as an attack.  A political attack.  This framed the whole CDC as a political agent against the president.  That gave the white house an avenue to shift his base away from anger directed at him.  

So I get it.  I hate being lied to.  But the lies you are looking at are not the lies you are seeing.  

56 minutes ago, john510 said:

My wife and kids also had some creeping fucking death back in January which I think was coronavirus. They all had a fever they could not shake for a week and coughed and hacked up lungs for 2 weeks. My stubborn ass wife would not go to the doctor but we did take the kids. They had a flu and strep test and they came back negative. The Dr, said, "it's some sort of virus and we have seen a lot of it lately, we don't know what it is." I pretty much quarantined myself from them as I can not miss work.....little did I know what was to come.

If you have cancer and have less than 6 months to live and get covid and die a week or two later of respiratory failure, what did you die of???? Well by what ever put the last nail in your coffin. You would have to be literally at deaths door from something other than covid when you contracted covid and died for this to be a toss up.

43 minutes ago, john510 said:

.  At least i wear a mask out in public and have practiced what's been suggested,imagine that for a Trump supporter.

Yeah, that's usually mutually exclusive. 

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Of course one person didn't fuck this up by themselves, but one person can be responsible for allowing it to get out of hand and fucked up. It would be different if he tried and failed but he's never even tried. "It will all disappear" 

1 minute ago, AlexDeLarge said:

My wife and kids also had some creeping fucking death back in January which I think was coronavirus. They all had a fever they could not shake for a week and coughed and hacked up lungs for 2 weeks. My stubborn ass wife would not go to the doctor but we did take the kids. They had a flu and strep test and they came back negative. The Dr, said, "it's some sort of virus and we have seen a lot of it lately, we don't know what it is." I pretty much quarantined myself from them as I can not miss work.....little did I know what was to come.

Well those are classic symptoms of the flu and you were right in the middle of flu season. Six months later a covid test is moot if positive but a negative would rule it out and leave you with the next most obvious... flu.

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

. Of course one person didn't fuck this up by themselves, but one person can be responsible for allowing it to get out of hand and fucked up. It would be different if he tried and failed but he's never even tried. "It will all disappear" 

4549f1464c0f67f0eaa508baef3319b2.jpg

😁😁😁

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Of course one person didn't fuck this up by themselves, but one person can be responsible for allowing it to get out of hand and fucked up. It would be different if he tried and failed but he's never even tried. "It will all disappear" 

So you're an idiot ? My guess is no matter who the President is we would be right where we're at now.I sure as shit wouldn't be blaming Obama or even Clinton if this happened under their watch.Think about the irrational thinking when one guy gets blamed for it because you don't like him.It might hurt but try it.I think you watch too much news Mike.

16 minutes ago, AlexDeLarge said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5O6gIZcuqb1zCmTcLMIg

In case you were wondering. 

The definition of Biased is:  "unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something."

So no.  Media is not biased because they are fairly prejudiced against someone or something.  

12 minutes ago, john510 said:

So you're an idiot ? My guess is no matter who the President is we would be right where we're at now.I sure as shit wouldn't be blaming Obama or even Clinton if this happened under their watch.Think about the irrational thinking when one guy gets blamed for it because you don't like him.It might hurt but try it.I think you watch too much news Mike.

many were doing just that in 2009 over H1N1.  Except that one didn't get out very far, and was handled in a much different way.  That said, I do think this would have been worse than H1N1 or Ebola etc. no matter who was president.  But I absolutely do believe this one could have been much less of an issue if the USA was under different leadership.  And that the rest of the world would have had less issues if the USA didn't have such a massive outbreak.  It's actually rather absurd to not think so.  The most powerful leader in the world having no affect on a pandemics efficacy?  Surely you don't believe that.  I know it could have been worse, or better under different leadership.  I'm certain of that.  I'm also shamefully certain that if our president wouldn't do what is right if it meant admitting he was wrong.  This is why he should have simply deferred to his advisors.  Easy to blame them later.   

I did at first take a similar stance that he couldn't have helped it.  But now, as numbers are once again getting out of control, I recognize the opportunity to change course in a unified way was only his opportunity to take.  When the world unites over a single cause, but you see that they are all wrong, it's time to get a little introspective.