Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Seriously? you can see how the information was compiled,.

Do you ever post shit to back up your views or do you like constantly arguing in bad faith? 

You're the guy posting somebody elses views to support yours.You might have noticed i don't provide links to what somebody else thinks or says.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, john510 said:

You're the guy posting somebody elses views to support yours.You might have noticed i don't provide links to what somebody else thinks or says.

No John. I am posting links that help others understand how I came to my views, and have facts to support them. 

Again - what are your news sources for your views since mine are such apparent shit. 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 1

Maybe you should try thinking for yourself.Do you really think CNN is centered up and fair (no bias) ? come on.I don't look at the news to help me make up my mind on things.That might be part of the problem in this country right now.Turn the TV or the computer on so i know what i should think regarding important issues.No thanks.Your sources aren't shit,they're what you want to see.

11 minutes ago, john510 said:

Maybe you should try thinking for yourself.Do you really think CNN is centered up and fair (no bias) ? come on.I don't look at the news to help me make up my mind on things.That might be part of the problem in this country right now.Turn the TV or the computer on so i know what i should think regarding important issues.No thanks.Your sources aren't shit,they're what you want to see.

I do think for myself John...but it appears you need to use a little more of that cognitive function to understand what I am saying. 

1st. You're focused on the fact I linked CNN, but did you see me mention that in the list here?image.png.2b13b8078ef5d10838b79b0bd1cc2a73.png

2nd. The source I provided that shows where sources lay on a bias chart - doesn't even have CNN as unbased it has them as between Fair opinions and / selective or incomplete stories and leaning towards liberal. 

But I mean you answered the question in the end - you're DRASTICALLY misinformed because you don't want to burden yourself with information that may be counterproductive to how you see the world. 

Keep on keepin on then John, but you can keep your bullshit to yourself.

7 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

I do think for myself John...but it appears you need to use a little more of that cognitive function to understand what I am saying. 

1st. You're focused on the fact I linked CNN, but did you see me mention that in the list here?image.png.2b13b8078ef5d10838b79b0bd1cc2a73.png

2nd. The source I provided that shows where sources lay on a bias chart - doesn't even have CNN as unbased it has them as between Fair opinions and / selective or incomplete stories and leaning towards liberal. 

But I mean you answered the question in the end - you're DRASTICALLY misinformed because you don't want to burden yourself with information that may be counterproductive to how you see the world. 

Keep on keepin on then John, but you can keep your bullshit to yourself.

I see,my thinking is bullshit because it doesn't line up with yours.That is certainly the liberal way of thinking.You win again.Since you brought your media bias graph/chart into this let me ask you this.Can you name one,just one CNN commentator that has said anything positive about Trump or his policies ? I can't.I could go turn on CNN right now and already know what would be on,Trump hit pieces.Now about Fox news,i can name several people without even thinking about it that have bashed Trump constantly.Chris Wallace,Judge Napolitano,Shepard Smith and even Tucker Carlson on occasion.Yet Fox shows to be on the right farther than CNN is to the left.The problem Fox has is Hannity.If it weren't for him the "fair and balanced " thing would ring truer.I don't know how you can consider somebody misinformed just because they don't buy into the media's constantly running propaganda machine.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, john510 said:

I see,my thinking is bullshit because it doesn't line up with yours.That is certainly the liberal way of thinking.You win again.Since you brought your media bias graph/chart into this let me ask you this.Can you name one,just one CNN commentator that has said anything positive about Trump or his policies ? I can't.I could go turn on CNN right now and already know what would be on,Trump hit pieces.Now about Fox news,i can name several people without even thinking about it that have bashed Trump constantly.Chris Wallace,Judge Napolitano,Shepard Smith and even Tucker Carlson on occasion.Yet Fox shows to be on the right farther than CNN is to the left.The problem Fox has is Hannity.If it weren't for him the "fair and balanced " thing would ring truer.I don't know how you can consider somebody misinformed just because they don't buy into the media's constantly running propaganda machine.

Nah John, I think it's bullshit because you want to criticize the stuff I post while you have nothing to back up your side of the argument except that you believe it. Can I name anyone at CNN who supports Trump? Nope (but I can probably use google to find some examples). Anyway; I can't because they aren't the only source I use for trying to figure out what is going on because almost every single news source out there is biased (hence the chart I showed) so if you care about something then you gotta diversify to get as much of all sides of the story and then form a view on it. But I guess that's just me bein' all liberal. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, john510 said:

.Especially you Mike,you seem to be parroting everything the liberal media is reporting.

Saying 'parroting everything the liberal media is reporting" is kind of parroting. It doesn't support or disprove anything and is a weak. I already said pages and pages ago, that never in the history of politics has anyone ever convinced someone else to change their opinion. It just can't be done. 

6 hours ago, john510 said:

You live in Canada and an American President bothers you ? 

It bothers me that such a country has such a president. It's true... you get the government you deserve. In 10 or 20 years of perspective I want you to look back on 2020 and try not to say... I can see where we all went wrong. It began 4 years before this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg?uuid=659e15a6-1ca8-11e8-83b2-9c8e992d421e

Ha ha that f#$king chart! That anyone can look at that and say "yep, looks about right" ha ha! Holy shit the world is doomed. Start lining up for bread sheeple! 

Edited by Str8jacket
Needed to add extra sarcasm
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

But the regular flu kills 30-55K. You're closing in on 150K with closures masks and distancing.

So at 0.1% mortality rate and that is with a vaccine, which one would suppose is more effective than masks and social distancing, you have say 50k dead.

So 0.3% is 3x 0.1% which would be 3x 50K so 150K dead and we are entering summer when all those numbers drop with the flu (heat and humidity are bad for enveloped viruses). Obviously I'm ignoring any increase in infectivity or other compounding factors and rounding the numbers but those numbers ballpark out about right. The 2017-2018 flu year for instance killed about 100k to give some perspective and that was with a vaccine and with no one freaking out about it to any great degree.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Str8jacket said:

Ha ha that f#$king chart! That anyone can look at that and say "yep, looks about right" ha ha! Holy shit the world is doomed. Start lining up for bread sheeple! 

The mediabiaschart is in of itself biased. Some might want to quote the whole "who watches the watchers". 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

2 hours ago, john510 said:

I took the Tribe test and thought it would label me a right wing lunatic.Nope,i'm moderate.

Yeah, I got moderate too. Which is not right at all. It seemed to have no leeway or acknowledgement for small L libertarian or minarchist.

Edited by Dguy210
3 hours ago, john510 said:

I took the Tribe test and thought it would label me a right wing lunatic.Nope,i'm moderate.

Interesting tilt to the results and the descriptions of the results as well. Also interesting that the people who have put the survey together are also contributing writers to some of the most "centre" bias media as described in that highly accurate bias chart posted previously. You know those unbiased media outlets like the Gaurdian🤢🤮

On 7/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, Dav said:

If seat belts work, why airbags?

If airbags work, why seatbelts?

If seatbelts and airbags both work, why do we have any car accident deaths?

I say it is a conspiracy conspired by the ultimate liberal conspirator from the 60s and the stealer of all American freedoms since that time, including his co-conspirator from the 70s, our own leader who gave us the 55 mph speed limit, a man from Georgia.  The main conspirator was non other than Ralph Nader!

Nader is one of the biggest shitbags this country has ever produced.

• Like 2