Covid-19 Prepared?

40 minutes ago, john510 said:

What do you think ? Of course i wear seat belts and it isn't because it's the law.I even added shoulder belts to the 510 for my safety.And if it means anything,i do wear a mask while out in public,in the store,swap meet and everywhere else i go that can be crowded.My questioning the mask thing is more about the false sense of security it's giving people.

The reality is most of this country are and have been masked for months now.We've isolated,washed hands,done what's been asked and look at what it's accomplished.These are the things asked by the health professionals.Why isn't it working as planned ? According to the media it was a Trump rally of 6,000 people and Republicans in small towns across America spreading the virus.

False sense of security? Then why are you wearing one? Either you believe in them or they are just false security.

I don't believe most of the country has been wearing them. At all. The orange man won't wear them because he's a narcissist. I think if he lead by example more (republican anyway) would wear them, but that ship has sailed. It's hard to take serious anything that which your own leader won't do. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

False sense of security? Then why are you wearing one? Either you believe in them or they are just false security.

I don't believe most of the country has been wearing them. At all. The orange man won't wear them because he's a narcissist. I think if he lead by example more (republican anyway) would wear them, but that ship has sailed. It's hard to take serious anything that which your own leader won't do. 

I'm wearing one for two reasons.I'm suppose to and if it helps at all why not ? You're misunderstanding my "false sense of security" What i'm saying is the authorities involved are telling us how great it is to wear a mask as if you'll be fine around others,let's stop the spread.What this does is cause people to lighten up on isolation and distancing and not be so conscience of their surroundings.They go about life as normal when they could stay home.And what do you know about what goes on here ? What you think you know is what you see on the news.I live here and see all the people masked up.Everywhere i go i see very,very few without one.Trump not wearing one has shown us what ? He hasn't been sick yet and look at what he's exposed to.Blame it on the orange man,lame.If you need the leader of your country to tell you what to do you can't be helped.I've asked this mask question several times on another site i visit.I get the same deflected answers as to why if masks,distancing,isolation etc. are so important after months of practice we haven't stopped the spread.I guess that makes me an anti mask,hoax,conspiracy theory nut.This virus is so contagious and i've been somewhat exposed 5 days a week now since it started.Same with the wife that sees hundreds of customers a day along with her co workers.Friends,family from all over Socal all out and about doing their thing.None of us know one person that's been sick.Ok spin what i said into something else.How about you Mike,do you wear a mask ? 

Edited by john510

Analogous being told wear a seat belt and you are safe in an accident.

Well what works elsewhere in the world is the exact opposite down there. Other countries have put the brakes on it but in the land of the free (the prez don't believe in masks so don't tell me to wear a mask, don't party, do go to bars or the beach, it's my right to do what ever I want) you may think you have your shit together but sadly you don't.

10 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

I don't wear a mask because Nihilism.

Fuck everyone at this point. I am tired of the politics so I hope its spreads and we can all get over this hyper paranoia. 

Atta boy Matt.... 

• Like 1

I wear a mask cuz Missus Kelmo told me to. 

Babe, your ugly, just wear it.😁

BTW, she is a CPN, NP RNP, and an MB (Maser Barber). She works Hospice. If you don't know, that is basically making someone who is terminal on their way out of this world.

She tests 5 to 10 people a week for Covid-19. Are we exposed to it? Fuckin A Rudy.

Imma wait around and see if she gets anyone what tests positive and go from there. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

Analogous being told wear a seat belt and you are safe in an accident.

Well what works elsewhere in the world is the exact opposite down there. Other countries have put the brakes on it in but the land of the free (the prez don't believe in masks so don't tell me to wear a mask, don't party, do go to bars or the beach, it's my right to do what ever I want) you may think you have your shit together but sadly you don't.

Atta boy Matt.... 

Do you wear a mask ? Other countries are nowhere near the testing we're doing.That might just have a little bit to do with that.Maybe,possibly,likely.China has just about eradicated it by lying about it.Do you wear a mask ? 

Serious

shits too far gone. Set up the field hospitals once again and let this shit run. There is no containing anything at this point. Its become a competition in this nation and I am sick of it. 

When I had employees under my supervision I would get so pissed at the tit for tat finger pointing. I would say put your BS away or you're both fucking fired for just being involved. There is no fucking blame. Let this shit run and we will count heads when its all over.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2

^^^What he said. The last line.

In this state (NM), and these are ROUGH #'s, 400K tested, 16K positive cases, 500 Hundred to 700 Hundred dead. Not to be a dick, but, those are pretty close. Really? Maybe we should look at H1N1 from what, 2009.

• Like 1

There are believers and non-believers in F'n everything (is Elvis dead or what?) and there are those who stick their head so far up their asses they could do it again. There could be a Darwinian aspect to this approach but, many will die because of others - already happening. That part you can't argue against. I choose to wear a mask ONLY when I can't social distance in a place where chances are good I'll be in close range to others I can't rely on (99% of people) being uninfected. Herd immunity didn't work.

I got tested and though I'm negative that is still only a snapshot in time. I'd have to get tested every 2 weeks or less to honestly say I'm virus free, because right after being tested I could have some jerk (jerkette) infect me. I got old folks around me and they are already in a higher-risk category. Maybe you think it's a hoax, maybe you don't.

Respect that the virus doesn't care about you, but others deserve respect because they're trying to NOT infect you.

No, but I don't go out but for car parts, solitary walks in the morning and I don't work. On all of Vancouver Island (almost 900,000) there have been a total of 5 deaths, 136 total cases including 3 new last week, with only 25 ever hospitalized, zero in the hospital at present, zero in critical care and zero deaths since last week. Like I said we have it better controlled here.

What good does testing do??? If positive did they expose others to go out and get tested, do they stay home, wear mask now, and social distance? If negative did they risk infection to go out and get tested, then wear a mask, social distance and stay home?

12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

No, but I don't go out but for car parts, solitary walks in the morning and I don't work. On all of Vancouver Island (almost 900,000) there have been a total of 5 deaths, 136 total cases including 3 new last week, with only 25 ever hospitalized, zero in the hospital at present, zero in critical care and zero deaths since last week. Like I said we have it better controlled here.

What good does testing do??? If positive did they expose others to go out and get tested, do they stay home, wear mask now, and social distance? If negative did they risk infection to go out and get tested, then wear a mask, social distance and stay home?

You're part of the problem then.Those five deaths may have been prevented if you would have followed the guidelines.You have it better controlled there because nobody lives there.Canada has 1/10 the population of us and are spread out.

Mike at the very beginning of this there were piles of videos of people claiming to have it and intentionally spreading it.  Not only in the states but around the world. It was crazy.

Because of how defiant this nation (USA) is, there is no other way other than to let it run its course here. If people are one of the more concerned, then take the precaution to protect yourself. Stay home, mask up, avoid people, because there is a large percentage if not half the nation that don't want to comply. 

Shutting the economy down does absolutely nothing but make shit worse. Modify the work space to accommodate people. 

Partisan "science" and Media has done nothing to help, but they sure confused people to a point of massive division. Politics fucked this all up, and I don't care who anyone thinks started it first.  Both sides are guilty as fuck. Not a single man or woman without political sin in the government. They're not good people. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, john510 said:

You're part of the problem then.Those five deaths may have been prevented if you would have followed the guidelines.You have it better controlled there because nobody lives there.Canada has 1/10 the population of us and are spread out.

This might make sense if I had or have covid. Can you wait a few weeks?

10X the population than us? ALL THE MORE REASON (10 X) TO FOLLOW GUIDELINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no, it the rights of the few outweigh the rights of the many. 

43 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

Mike at the very beginning of this there were piles of videos of people claiming to have it and intentionally spreading it.  Not only in the states but around the world. It was crazy.

Because of how defiant this nation (USA) is, there is no other way other than to let it run its course here. If people are one of the more concerned, then take the precaution to protect yourself. Stay home, mask up, avoid people, because there is a large percentage if not half the nation that don't want to comply. 

Shutting the economy down does absolutely nothing but make shit worse. Modify the work space to accommodate people. 

Partisan "science" and Media has done nothing to help, but they sure confused people to a point of massive division. Politics fucked this all up, and I don't care who anyone thinks started it first.  Both sides are guilty as fuck. Not a single man or woman without political sin in the government. They're not good people. 

They may have, but basically attention whores who can say anything on line.

Agree

No one would take it seriously unless everything shut down. The trick would be to re open almost right away or as soon as everyone was educated on rules and severely and strictly enforced mask, distancing and everything modified. But no, every idiot headed to the bar or beach. It's beyond fucked. 

Everyone guilty

• Like 1

I said in March that the N95 only filters down to just barely the size of the largest virus. But it was said that viruses were mostly on larger droplets in the air. Cloth masks are mostly a fashion statement.

It's been my experience that the dirtier a filter the more it catches.

He lost me when he said (at 10:20) if you have a virus and an N95 mask on you are constantly breathing the virus back in every time you try to expel it. Ya fuckin idiot. If you have a virus and  breath it back in, what???? you get a doubling of the effects??? If you got it you got it. Moron.

Trump says he's 'a believer in masks

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-a-believer-in-masks-but-stops-short-of-national-mandate-in-coronavirus-fight

I'm not a believer in them but in my area of central California it's mandatory in stores etc.

Quote from a review of studies " RESULTS: We included 15 randomized trials investigating the effect of masks (14 trials) in healthcare workers and the general population and of quarantine (1 trial). We found no trials testing eye protection. Compared to no masks there was no reduction of influenza-like illness (ILI) cases"
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20047217v2

and another

We found the current best evidence suggests wearing a mask to avoid viral respiratory infections such as COVID-19 offers minimal protection, if any.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-is-why-advice-on-whether-you-should-wear-a-mask-is-just-so-confusing

• Like 1

I was hoping for a trip to Newfoundland this summer. Canada won't let Americans in and I can't blame them. I have had to fly several times over the last couple of months. There is no hope after the behavior I witnessed. I have been tested (negative) wear a P 95 paint respirator and wrap around safety glasses when flying. I live in rural Maine not much here but it is not from vigilence on people's part. Just lots of personal space is keeping it from spreading. I do know someone in Florida who has gotten it a second time. Much worse the second time around that's for real no end in sight. I am rambling just wanted to throw this out.

Edited by bottomwatcher
Misspelling
15 hours ago, john510 said:

15 minutes ago, john510 said:

Sarcasm.You don't get,never mind.I found out what i thought i would.

tenor.gif?itemid=5436796

• Like 1