2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

Don't want to cover for a homie, huh?

Or do you realize it'd be coming out of your pocket too?

Friendly reminder, charity is not for profit. He better "work out" all that skrilla he's stashed

Hi guys, sorry for late response, this is something Albert and I have been working on together over the last week and a half, this should all be cleared up in a week if our plans work out.

Steve Pepka

DNW president

Would you look at that, if you actually read you can see the DNW President and Al, the people it should be between, should have it worked out by the end of the week. Obviously 'should' is no guarantee, but if it doesn't happen by the end of the week it SHOULD stay between DNW and Al. Sure it was done by Datslocos Oregon but Al was the president of that at the time and he decided on this build on his own by donating a lot of the parts up front to get the idea off the ground, all of us showed up to support him because that's what a club does.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(was in a hurry, said I understand you)

This thread has turned into a real bummer...

But look:

... any further bitchin and moanin is not relevant, unless Steve and Al's plans don't work out in a week.

This is how it is, or should have been handled.... internally at DNW. Any 'bitchin and moaning' is and should be directed at GB and his posting here.

• Like 2

Would you look at that date today?

Would you look at that, if you actually read you can see the DNW President and Al, the people it should be between, should have it worked out by the end of the week. Obviously 'should' is no guarantee, but if it doesn't happen by the end of the week it SHOULD stay between DNW and Al. Sure it was done by Datslocos Oregon but Al was the president of that at the time and he decided on this build on his own by donating a lot of the parts up front to get the idea off the ground, all of us showed up to support him because that's what a club does.

I have no money into the project, so no vested interest here (not knowing where the proceeds were going to go kept me out of it), but why was the money not donated immediately after the raffle?

FAT510,

The main reasons I can see that we, as founding members haven't just "pay what is owed" to the school are that 1] we know Al has the donation money set aside waiting for them,& will take care of it .  2] we are all broke as f---, just like most other people here ! LOL!          none of us have that much extra cash, just laying around.

• Like 2

As their always 2 sides to every story hers mine , 

First just like to say to everyone Hi everyone . Ive missed most of you lol . 

When this began 10/14 I had no idea we would end up here . But since it seems that the Members of DNW want to smear mis-information in this manner , This is where I will have to discuss it . 

Back in Oct. of last year I was trying to find a way to get more datsun people together . I had the idea of giving a truck away, but wasn't sure when or where . Aftter sharing the idea with my fellow Datslocos oregon and ratsun guys it seemed possible . 

As the ultimate way of community building , I thought doing it with more than one club would be the best . So I contacted DNW and suggested we build a truck together and give it away . After some discussion with their then president threw email it was agreed that we would build a rattty,safe,truck and give it away at the 10th celebration in canby . These conversion took place in Dec 2014 . I sent many updates , requests for help from any of their members . I never heard anything from anyone at Datsuns Northwest  , their web page never mentioned the build " ever " . 

And I never came on here and drug these people threw a public thrashing . If I had known they were on ratsun i would of pointed them out . but they post here , most dont have datsuns anyway . 

Finally in May I drove to there meeting ( 5 th one of the year) with the back window . Loren O and I were the only ones in the room that knew anything about the truck . I felt screwed over , 3 weeks until the truck had to be done , and now I have to not oly finish the truck and st up everything for the raffle as well . 

After a dream come true result , the truck came home with me to get delivered to rick . buying it back was my attempted at keeping that pipe dream alive . ( one community ) 

The mis-information provided here is just that. Why they have all seem to be doing it ,I dont seem them ever posting about the community or their care for it . 

After the raffle I did sent the donation and an offer of a free truck to the school . There was a mix up , as the school has 2 street addresses . It was summer and we were all doing things . so did I tell them it was done , yes .  As far as i was concerned it was .But Ruel Mark of DNW felt differently , so he harassed me daily about the funds . So I contacted their president , Who said " ignore him , dont talk to him ". 

. So frustrated with their lack of effort and desire for the credit I contacted the schools principal . And explained that I ( datslocos oregon president ) would be making the donation . And unlike Datsuns Northwest we would like to bring the truck to the school and present what we  (ratsun people and datslocos oregon  )  built to them . I even offered them another truck they could pick from like 10 trucks  . 

The school contacted me and said sounds like a great idea , and they were completely on board . So we made a plan to wait until mid September when the kids would be back in session . At this point Datsuns Northwest has been removed from the situation . I notified DNW president of this and he informed me that was great . I even offered to pass the word when we set everything up . 

I then Went on the Datslocos camping trip at the end of August , Sept 1st i returned home from the trip and spent 3 weeks in the hospital . I made contact with the school in the first week of being in the hospital and informed them of the situation . The school told me to focus on my health and we can reschedule it anytime . The doctors didnt even figure out what was wrong with me until mid October . I contacted the school the school and made plans to come to the school in Nov. and make a plan for the donation and meet . I did attend another DNW meeting in Nov, and I did state that the situation had been handled . I also contacted the school in the fist week of Dec. They told me the same thing , and added that they were the ones being bothered by DNW about the situation .

This was the last contact I've had with Datsuns Northwest, until 2 weeks ago . And now not only do that want to take credit for something they barely saw , they want to make the thread we created as a place to disrespect us to our faces . 

It is true Their current president and I have text each other , and we were working on a meeting to finish this , he to has little respect for this process or he wouldnt let / encourage his fellow club members shit on so many of us .

The school has nothing to worry about , they never did. 

Will there be a Canby 2016 ?  I cant answer that , but your going to blame me .  

p.s. not looking for answers to the above question

• Like 13

I worked on the Canby truck.

I am thankful for Al organizing that project, and the opportunity I had to play a small part in the truck.  

If you did not get a chance to go and work on the truck at Al's place, and meet him, you have no idea of what he did, and went through to get that truck to Canby.  The best way I can describe it, from the times I was down there, is Al was having to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, trying to herd cats.   Imagine sorting through every nut, bolt, washer, and every larger part in a Datsun 521, from several different trucks, trying to decide what part is  the best part, usable, or what needs to be remade.   I am pretty sure Al spent countless hours when nobody else was there, doing I do not know what.

Al, I am sorry you are getting crap dumped on you lately.   You did a good and wonderful thing.  Try to ignore those are against you. 

• Like 10

Wow DNW... just wow. So you have zero involvement, yet GreenBastard smears denmarkboy for his efforts? What directly the fuck??? So basically you have inserted yourselves into a situation that's, apparently, none of your business for some credit? Am I reading this correctly? Can't help thinking Dave would have handled this better and to his credit... he got out just in time. Christ on crutches. SMH

• Like 5

Hi Al. Thanks for chiming. Sorry for the fate of good deeds. It's an old story. The way is see this if I were you: look at the support you get without any defense to serious accusation. Shows character. I bet Green is getting shit from both ends right now. I also bet he was trying to make sure the school got the money. I just hope the result doesn't impact the community any more than a shitty thread on a forum

• Like 2

Why don't the other founding members of Datslocos Oregon pay what is owed? Or Datsloco himself could pay too since he backed it 100%

Problem solved.

Al has health issues which we all know. I am good for a $50 donation to AL to help with his medical bills.  I would also donate another $50 to Datsloco to help with getting the school their money.  This should never have been presented here.  So I will personally not have anything to do with anything DNW is associated with in the future.

Datsloco is a club and as Al is a member should have Al's back!

• Like 1