2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd need to update my passport, but that would be cool!  I like the idea of hill climb races.  But what if I get thrown in jail in Canadia?  I suppose they're probably provide tea and a foot massage, yes?   ;)

You just need an enhanced drivers license to go to Canada

• Like 1

Many think they have met me. Few actually have.

If I had the room I'd be all over it.

All will be welcome to my BBQ in March or April.

Maybe we can call it a planning committee.

Dosen't hobo have a big ass yard? How bout hammhuks back 40, just everyone make sure your tetnis shots are up to date

• Like 3

^^^^^^

Only thing good aboot  that........not in America    :rofl:

I'd need to update my passport, but that would be cool!  I like the idea of hill climb races.  But what if I get thrown in jail in Canadia?  I suppose they're probably provide tea and a foot massage, yes?   ;)

No tea and foot massage, but we would say sorry, eh?.

• Like 6

Al has a big heart, bigger than anyone here might think, he's been and is going through a lot, many here have his back and we always will, I'm yet to see any "official" response to Al's statement from DNW, Al is trully upset with the entire situation and so are many of us.....the longer it takes for DNW to do what's best for everyone involved, the slower the healing process will be.....just a thought.

This is not aimed by no means to you, Loren, you're just the guy that got stuck in the middle of a shit storm, you don't need to apologise for anyone, you've done an outstanding job with Datslocos Oregon, I commend your dedication to the club, brother.

Lets start the healing process.

• Like 8

The only reason it is taking so long is because Al want to present the money TO THE KIDS at the school that are enroled in their automotive program. He want to bring in the truck and let the kids see what was done by a group of people who have and share a true love for our automobiles. Right now Al is recovering from his 3rd knee surgury so far, with one more to go I believe. 

I was over today to shoot the shit and get a part. It was great to hook up for a couple hours just to catch up. AND KEEP YOUR ASS IN THE CHAIR!!!!!!! 

Draker, Hogie, Rhino13-------STAY AWAY FROM AL'S. HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE OFF HIS KNEE. 

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 5

JRock sell the truck to a foreign country and please lock this thread. I have said no comments from the very being to now, this is so sad, from Rickrat winning to now where did the money go. I got some money invested in to it myself. With that said this is my first and last time. This reminds me of a Union every body is your brother and sister until the shit hits the fan, then the back stabbing comes in to play. Not everybody just generalizing here.

Sell it to me in japan :)

• Like 1

Hey guys,Flatcat pointed out something that made me realize I need to clarify something here. While I have been attempting to keep things pleasant between Datsuns NW & Datslocos Oregon, as well as with anyone here on Ratsun, I must clarify that I am in no way an official spokesman for Datsuns NW. I am only a representative of Datslocos Oregon, that goes to the Datsuns NW meetings. My statements here on this subject are valid oly because I have been at their meetings, & have contacted their president personally before I made any my posts,rather than just shoot my mouth off randomly like that green bastard guy did. I will continue to handle this matter as a representative of Datslocos Oregon, until Al tells me otherwise. I think you all know where I stand on this ,but someone needs to also be the voice of reason, & try to keep the peace.

• Like 6

So...where's the money?  I'd be pissed if I had donated or purchased tickets for the raffle.

I didn't buy tickets for charity. I bought them to support Als dream (what ever it was) and maybe win, like most did. Then realized that this might be a problem for a foreigner to get it home, but then found they made neat gifts. Mohamed bought me supper one night and wouldn't take money so I gave him a ticket. Win win. Q-Tip was getting threatening so I gave him one too. Worked!

Where? Probably in this post...

As their always 2 sides to every story hers mine ,

First just like to say to everyone Hi everyone . Ive missed most of you lol .

When this began 10/14 I had no idea we would end up here . But since it seems that the Members of DNW want to smear mis-information in this manner , This is where I will have to discuss it .

Back in Oct. of last year I was trying to find a way to get more datsun people together . I had the idea of giving a truck away, but wasn't sure when or where . Aftter sharing the idea with my fellow Datslocos oregon and ratsun guys it seemed possible .

As the ultimate way of community building , I thought doing it with more than one club would be the best . So I contacted DNW and suggested we build a truck together and give it away . After some discussion with their then president threw email it was agreed that we would build a rattty,safe,truck and give it away at the 10th celebration in canby . These conversion took place in Dec 2014 . I sent many updates , requests for help from any of their members . I never heard anything from anyone at Datsuns Northwest  , their web page never mentioned the build " ever " .

And I never came on here and drug these people threw a public thrashing . If I had known they were on ratsun i would of pointed them out . but they post here , most dont have datsuns anyway .

Finally in May I drove to there meeting ( 5 th one of the year) with the back window . Loren O and I were the only ones in the room that knew anything about the truck . I felt screwed over , 3 weeks until the truck had to be done , and now I have to not oly finish the truck and st up everything for the raffle as well .

After a dream come true result , the truck came home with me to get delivered to rick . buying it back was my attempted at keeping that pipe dream alive . ( one community )

The mis-information provided here is just that. Why they have all seem to be doing it ,I dont seem them ever posting about the community or their care for it .

After the raffle I did sent the donation and an offer of a free truck to the school . There was a mix up , as the school has 2 street addresses . It was summer and we were all doing things . so did I tell them it was done , yes .  As far as i was concerned it was .But Ruel Mark of DNW felt differently , so he harassed me daily about the funds . So I contacted their president , Who said " ignore him , dont talk to him ".

. So frustrated with their lack of effort and desire for the credit I contacted the schools principal . And explained that I ( datslocos oregon president ) would be making the donation . And unlike Datsuns Northwest we would like to bring the truck to the school and present what we  (ratsun people and datslocos oregon  )  built to them . I even offered them another truck they could pick from like 10 trucks  .

The school contacted me and said sounds like a great idea , and they were completely on board . So we made a plan to wait until mid September when the kids would be back in session . At this point Datsuns Northwest has been removed from the situation . I notified DNW president of this and he informed me that was great . I even offered to pass the word when we set everything up .

I then Went on the Datslocos camping trip at the end of August , Sept 1st i returned home from the trip and spent 3 weeks in the hospital . I made contact with the school in the first week of being in the hospital and informed them of the situation . The school told me to focus on my health and we can reschedule it anytime . The doctors didnt even figure out what was wrong with me until mid October . I contacted the school the school and made plans to come to the school in Nov. and make a plan for the donation and meet . I did attend another DNW meeting in Nov, and I did state that the situation had been handled . I also contacted the school in the fist week of Dec. They told me the same thing , and added that they were the ones being bothered by DNW about the situation .

This was the last contact I've had with Datsuns Northwest, until 2 weeks ago . And now not only do that want to take credit for something they barely saw , they want to make the thread we created as a place to disrespect us to our faces .

It is true Their current president and I have text each other , and we were working on a meeting to finish this , he to has little respect for this process or he wouldnt let / encourage his fellow club members shit on so many of us .

The school has nothing to worry about , they never did.

Will there be a Canby 2016 ?  I cant answer that , but your going to blame me .  

p.s. not looking for answers to the above question

• Like 3