2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jester....great pics! Great video Al!! I worked on my truck till 4:30am....just got up an hour ago. Sorry guys for bringing over the infamous dogleg. I thought I had just what the truck needed. First L trans I have had out of a rig....never did a side by side comparison to the other L trans I have that is in my 80kc. Engine, trans were factory installed in a rolled over 2wd 79'620kc b-4 I removed....serial #'s even match. I am sure glad I climbed under there yesterday and figured out what we had wasn't going to work b-4 too much more time had elapsed. When I get all my stuff done 4 Canby I'll B back over to help.

Truck is beyond words.....who woulda' thunk it a few months ago!

• Like 1

Don't forget to bleed the brakes cuz you don't want to get brake fluid everywhere and eat that nice paint job, and make sure to top off all the fluids, will it be driven into show or trailered in

• Like 1

this truck is amazing 

Al thanks for being the glue to hold this build together 

your time and donations I believe are far from matched 

also a big thanks to all the sponsors and other ratsun members who have given countless hours and other donations to make this truck what it is 

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT IN PERSON 

• Like 5

Yesterday was another action packed Day

Im trying to keep up with posting pictures ,  

Hogie put in a full day of work in on the truck yesterday.I mean the dude was here solo for most of the day getting it done .  Amazing !  He was able to finish the fuel tank , fuel line , he also prepped the mirror brackets and  bumperette brackets for paint .   Thanks man !

I took the night shift , Hogie rolled out sometime around 8 Ish , I worked until aound 12 - 12:30 , here are the Oics to prove it . 

IMAG4812_zps3lr8ptgx.jpgIMAG4814_zpsi70de6ty.jpgIMAG4815_zpsazpuvmbp.jpgIMAG4817_zpswgd8cmrr.jpgIMAG4818_zpsjqwpquyl.jpgIMAG4819_zpsow1rftt6.jpgIMAG4820_zpswvtajn15.jpgIMAG4821_zpsvhrw641b.jpgIMAG4823_zpsfzwbl9dt.jpg

• Like 17

short little update ,

Thanks to Qtip and hobospyder for coming to the rescue on the drive line . As a result of that we have yet another datsun story to add to this build /

We'll just call this story driveline mike .

Driveline Mike has been building drive lines doe 21 years . He is considered by many people as one of the best , I took our original transplant driveline to him last week and had him do u joints . Saturday we realized that we had a long dog leg trans , this transmission requires that you make the drive line . It must be 49 1/2 inches (for a  one piece)

After figuring that out i tried to handle it monday , but Driveline Mike had the day off . I arrived at his work 3 minutes before he did . After explaining the situation he laughed his ass off . . ! When he stopped laughing , he looked at the 520 one piece drive line .  And started laughing again . . . this time he almost fell down . . 

Lucky for us Driveline Mike has a Lil ' Datsun love in him . And I do mean a little , not enough to get a price break .But enough to move us in front of 5 other people waiting . Then there was the joker who showed up and tried to buy his way to the front of the line . Through all that Driveline Mike pressed on , we had to use a slip yoke that Driveline Mike had . . . . . thats right Driveline Mike has a Datsun ! after going home and fitting it to the truck and getting measurement headed back where it took the better part of the day to get it done .

got home and found out that we built a perfect driveline for a lowered truck . But not so much for a stock truck . It was hitting the carrier bearing mount .  

H5wagon stopped by and we got the bed mounted , cut out the the carrier mount . And we finished a couple hours of stuff just now . I am headed back out to wrap up everything I can

here are the pictures .

IMAG4825_zpstfhouwvo.jpgIMAG4826_zpsmwpmew4z.jpgIMAG4827_zpsdlqruixn.jpgIMAG4828_zps6pjipdkp.jpgIMAG4829_zpsqbhpyp6m.jpgIMAG4831_zpszfedvztb.jpgIMAG4832_zpsibannmhx.jpgIMAG4833_zpsrseu3xq2.jpgIMAG4834_zpsqbuzder7.jpgIMAG4835_zps9lj4rkpr.jpgIMAG4836_zpsunvmq4wg.jpgIMAG4837_zpskumhf1ky.jpgIMAG4838_zpse55s6ga5.jpgIMAG4839_zps3nwoxwtw.jpgIMAG4840_zpsywrw6ma9.jpgIMAG4843_zpsulrzrujd.jpgIMAG4844_zpsjehd95gj.jpg

and here is Driveline Mikes Datsun . thanks for putting up with me today . 

0530152034_1_zps1nidwn2i.jpg

• Like 15