2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but if they're already committed to making the shortened work, not much point.  I'm not planning on leaving until Friday.  Unless someone says x dimension would work and I have that, then I'll ups it over or drive it over or something.

Thanks , but you do realize I have 4 days go finish the truck, this won't be solved by 3 days for shipping parts that may or my not work.

I will cover whatever is left , I am just having it made . Thanks guys .

• Like 3

Hey guys.....my understanding is that there's a bit of a snafu with the tranny and driveline situation.  It's going to take about $200 to get it modified.  Al could sure use a few extra bucks to get it taken care of.  With all the talk about money.......shouldn't be too hard to get this paid for!  :)  ;)

I wish I could like this twice

• Like 3

Shit how long are you guys gonna be workin? Maybe I should come back over.

Well maybe not I'm pretty burnt. Figuratively and literally, that sun was kickin today.

You guys are fucken beasts

• Like 2

Dude the windshields in. That's fucken sick!

Front end needs a glossy ass white hood, fenders and front valence. Ckeck!

IMAG4798_zpsmbezx84a.jpg

Smile !

Dude the windshields in. That's fucken sick!

Front end needs a glossy ass white hood, fenders and front valence. Ckeck!

The bumper looks great, can see it much better in the oic

• Like 2

I couldn't make it down today because of a friend's birthday and work, but let me know if you're working on it on Monday or Tuesday.. I have those days off.

The bumper is so nice. Pictures don't it justice. We wrapped up at about 30 minutes ago. a solid 16 hours for me. Probably 19 for al. And Jess closing down the shop last night too. Great work everyone.

Not done yet. Gonna have to build another list to kill.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say Thank you!!!!  I'm pretty fuckin' impressed with this crew in general!!!  There's a few standouts, but everyone involved in this project has my respect and appreciation!   ......for whatever that is worth. :)

• Like 3

You know, if I win it, I'm going to have to clear enough room in the other side of the garage for it to fit, or make another car port.  And I just might sell the hardbody because I don't need another truck.  Hard to believe I would do that, but dang the 521 is looking nice!

• Like 3

Thanks guys for yesterday , rhino13, jester ,brohemius , harlow , Hogie , draker 

And a special thanks to Mike Klotz and Wayno , we had to call in the big guns yesterday to figure out why we couldnt just bolt in a driveline . we had all the right pieces for a " short " dog leg trans install . Thank you guys ! nice talking to both you guys yesterday and thanks for the help.

Here is the material I got for the headliner and the firewall 

IMAG4782_zpspjasipdn.jpgIMAG4783_zpsdvdtjkl1.jpg

We set jester up with a coo place to hang and he worked some magic on the firewall piece 

IMAG4791_zpsjkwupxd2.jpgIMAG4794_zpsmuqpjdos.jpg

Sneak peek of one of the signs for canby .

IMAG4793_zpsmn2xacnx.jpg

We didnt shut the door until 1 am . thanks draker and jester for hangin in there and pushing thru . we got a lot done . I will get it out today and post some progress pictures and a couple videos  , but here are a few . 

IMAG4788_zpsmwnrgkwu.jpgIMAG4789_zpselh7dbks.jpgIMAG4792_zpsty50ihdd.jpgIMAG4795_zpsmhxpnb1n.jpgIMAG4797_zps746dmwaj.jpgIMAG4798_zpsmbezx84a.jpgIMAG4800_zpssqjrrody.jpgIMAG4801_zpswycqsbal.jpgIMAG4802_zpszdffns6l.jpgIMAG4805_zps8rzr47tu.jpgIMAG4803_zpspsoxfpda.jpg

• Like 9

I couldn't make it down today because of a friend's birthday and work, but let me know if you're working on it on Monday or Tuesday.. I have those days off.

I will be working on the truck every min I have until its done . I plan on that being sometime Wednesday . So come on down 

the fuck you will, youve covered enough. Check the paypal dick

Thanks man ! 

oh yeah another walk thru video.

• Like 5

Im planning meeting up with you all i Eugene Friday

Nice ! text me if you need to , but we should be ready to roll out of Eugene 10 - 10:30 .

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg

“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”

In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.

The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.

The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest

The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 

FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3

PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam

DASH BOARD & TRANS MOUNT & LABOR .............................................. uberkevin

IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69

TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd

FRONT TURN LENSES & LABOR............................................................... skyblue

POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester

KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76

521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun

EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest

PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"

BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop

STEERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS.......................................... wayno  

RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 

CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut

LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer

CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot

LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker

HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600

ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life

REAR BRAKES & MANY LUNCHS & CARPET & VALVE COVER .................. ]2eDeYe

FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden

PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 

FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10

DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow

DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat

DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril

LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie

LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon

LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

METAL DIPPING SERVICES .............................................................................. bo

FUSE BLOCK & WINDOW CHANNELS .............................................................. Daniel C

LABOR ................................................................................................................. Brohemius 

LABOR ................................................................................................................. TasoZ24

WINDSHIELD & REAR GLASS RUBBERS ......................................................... Datsunrides

STARTER ............................................................................................................ russaroll

TAILGATE LETTERS .......................................................................................... fredges 

MARKER LENSES & TRIMS ............................................................................... Gene Knight 

HEATER VENT & HEADLIGHT SWITCH ............................................................ tdaaj

BUMPERETTES & LABOR .................................................................................. loren O

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun   Mrbigtanker

HRH , Loren O

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .

87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps

header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg

674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png

ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.

http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                   

labor                                                                                                       transportation                      

• Like 2

Thanks man , I don't think I will be able to add you to the poster of donors . But thanks man , see me at canby , I will have something spe for you. .

No worries, I usually have that ninja status with these types of things :ninja:

• Like 2

Got a fairly late start getting to Al's yesterday. 

MY want for the day was to get the dash in. This meant everything behind it had to be done first. A new piece for the firewall had to be cut, with only half of the original to use as a template. Cardboard to the rescue. I could not get duct tape to stick to the original piece. I had to tape the new temp. to the firewall while I held the other half and made some match marks. I had planned on taking a bunch of pictures as I went along but my phone died. This was the only pic I got until lunch.

20150606_111142_zpsvsinjla5.jpg

Transferred our templates to the beautiful piece of material for the headliner and started cutting. I had this thing in and out probably a dozen times trying to get it just right. To anyone that does this shit for living........I RESPECT YOUR ABILITIES! Definitely not as easy as it looks. I AM looking forward to doing all the interior in my truck, but, dang. 

Had to stop for lunch. Then back at it. Time to glue this sucker in!

20150606_175502_zpszft4nwe9.jpg

20150606_175516_zpswhhmixfj.jpg

More under dash stuff needed to go in. Heater assembly, emergency brake, throttle pedal and windshield wiper pivots. 

20150606_175516_zpswhhmixfj.jpg

Then came the glass. Al decided it would be easier to install the windshield without the dash in the way. GOOD CALL! 

20150606_182822_zpsirxjhqtr.jpg

CAN WE PUT THE DASH IN NOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh hell ya.

20150606_202237_zpsuxtxiit5.jpg

20150606_195025_zpsvjrbjkzp.jpg

I think this is when we decided to put the bed on. The line up on this truck is amazing.

20150606_202205_zpsaqltbmck.jpg

Another break to think of next steps. Connect all under dash/hood electrical. Set the battery in and put the cables on.

WE HAVE LIGHTS!

20150607_001203_zps1twozeyf.jpg

Dash is frick'n awesome! 

20150607_001124_zpsvkybcmlw.jpg

Craig and I finally left Al's about 1AM. I got home around 2AM. Made up for my late start. 

Some other random shots of the day.We'll get started with Harlow.

GOTCHA!

20150606_120108_zpscg04wxye.jpg

20150606_175108_zpsbkhzrjty.jpg

20150606_175051_zpslodqnjq0.jpg

I forgot the boards arrived too.

20150606_120013_zpslgk2j3tu.jpg

20150606_120045_zpsscfkt4c3.jpg

20150606_202221_zpsnayogdyb.jpg

20150606_202119_zpsjf9221sc.jpg

20150606_175243_zps6syc9lvc.jpg

This is a beautiful piece of work. Wait till you all see it in person. 

20150606_175351_zpsuj6ol4sy.jpg

20150606_175310_zps3vlsgfo3.jpg

20150606_175342_zpsqvvk589l.jpg

20150606_175330_zpstsvowwhq.jpg

• Like 16