• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

That's IT????? Trump shuts down some minor CIA operation?? because they fought alongside some douchebags who were the enemy of my enemy? If politics makes strange bedfellows what can we say about war and what allies we are forced to accept??? Wow I was thinking more along the lines of shutting down big tobacco who have directly tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and their families and shamed the government who made money from taxes while most likely subsidized some tobacco growers. That is way more fucked up. No wonder the news media passed on it.  

We literally just voted a reality TV star/Bankruptcy expert running on a bash the other guys and promise the world campaign. Bash Obama all you like, but if Trump was elected in 2008 we'd have collapsed. We are lucky as hell we are relatively stable right now.

I like to think Barry had more of a Kardashian vibe ..

We probably should define collapse here. Might have hurt less or been avoidable 8 -16 yrs ago.

Putting it off, dropping the floor out , and keeping it up with hot air?

I think markets are waiting for trumpcheetos baseline

• Like 1

/\...I'm with mike here, put it this way we are now allies with Japan, at one time we fought the British, Filipinos fighting with Americans against Isis in the PI, kind of stuff been going on for centuries, and good luck shutting down cigarette companies, government needs their tax dollars. Easier to shut down certain CIA operations.

That's IT????? Trump shuts down some minor CIA operation?? because they fought alongside some douchebags who were the enemy of my enemy? If politics makes strange bedfellows what can we say about war and what allies we are forced to accept??? Wow I was thinking more along the lines of shutting down big tobacco who have directly tortured and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and their families and shamed the government who made money from taxes while most likely subsidized some tobacco growers. That is way more fucked up. No wonder the news media passed on it.  

Nice framework. So according to you a "Good Thing" would have to be bury Big Tobacco or anything you deem a diabolical entity? I am pretty sure that battle is being waged many times over and BT continues to payout til this day from class action legal wars. To suggest people don't have an option to smoke or not to smoke is not the most thought out point of view either. Not defending BT but the government has heaped on piles of requirements and taxes to help fund cancer research-treatments even education to warn idiots that they are smoking poison. Mitigate the company with litigation. 

Suggesting  this is the litmus for what's a "Good Thing" is poor. Can it be that you are so stricken with the inability to see the differences between shit and shinola? Its like trying to reverse the flow of a river. 

Obama actually was all for sheltering BT with exempting tariffs in his TPP agreement BTW. 

Canada even kowtows to the likes of Big Tobacco.... So please take off the foggy spectacles. 

• Like 1

OK our government is indirectly profiting from tobacco taxation, but in this case taxation is a good thing? How much of our healthcare cost is related to tobacco use? If our healthcare system is for profit does that mean they are also profiting from tobacco use? so much hypocrisy flying in all directions, but it always comes down to who is profiting. That's the nature of capitalism. It doesn't give a shit that people are being harmed by an incredibly addictive carcinogenic product as long as there's profit to be made. Isn't that when our government is supposed to step up and serve the greater good? Why don't they? Campaign donations and huge special interest lobbying. That is how our democracy works.

• Like 2

Tangent.

Lots of good protection legislation has been put forward through the years but Para has it correct. Money owns the outcome. The house, senate, and executive branches refuse to be more than gelatinous with companies that pay for legislation. 

• Like 1

This brings up that huge elephant in the room. Isn't there an inherent conflict of interest in a for profit healthcare sindusty? It would seem the sicker people are, the higher the demand for this product, the more they can charge, the more money the sindustry makes. How is this system motivated to provide equal access to high quality care, or to keep people healthy? I suffer from Datsunitus, and my Dr doesn't do shit about it. Well, ok I don't take his advice. 

• Like 2

This brings up that huge elephant in the room. Isn't there an inherent conflict of interest in a for profit healthcare sindusty? It would seem the sicker people are, the higher the demand for this product, the more they can charge, the more money the sindustry makes. How is this system motivated to provide equal access to high quality care, or to keep people healthy? I suffer from Datsunitus, and my Dr doesn't do shit about it. Well, ok I don't take his advice.

The government is always looking for profit, from communist to capitalist and every form in between, any that denies it is blatantly lying, with that said, it is our duty as citizens to hold the elected officials to their word and elect those who better line up with our believes, big pharma IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM in our country when it comes to healthcare, they are the puppet masters and dictate what drugs and treatments our citizens get, its been proven time and time again that cannabis oil helps fight many cancers and in some cases cure some, guess who blocks this?, Big pharma, the puppet masters themselves, they don't stand to profit from cannabis, therefore blocking it.

• Like 1

Buy two Datsuns,& call me in the morning.

• Like 5

The elites and special interest, that's we the people. The constitution is an ideal and reality is we are all getting screwed, left, middle and the right. Then we fight among ourselves espousing the left, middle or the rights philosophy, at the end of the day we are all taking a back seat. Maybe we can start a Ratsun lobby group...

• Like 3

clintonScdl1-portrait.gif

carter_rabbit_zps8732aaf9.jpg

quote-the-white-men-were-roused-by-a-mer

685f28394e2afe6e2a0aab9fd5ad06b7--real-p

harry-s-truman-665755.jpg

naw, not even close.

giphy.gif

Deep breaths... Soothing thoughts....

I'll take a stab at these.

1. Haha. That's not his wife! Scandalous.

2. Satire written to go with a funny picture of the president.

3. Woodrow Wilson (known racist) responds to The Birth of a Nation. A racist movie that single handedly revived interest in the KKK.

4. Johnson predicting the 2016 election results.

5. I'd like to see the source of this one. Reads like a child speaking about a living elder whom he admires. My money is on a quote from a work of fiction credited to the wrong person.

Dont-Quote-Me-1.jpg

6. I lost my train of thought when I was cut off in traffic. It happens when you have had that much to drink. Panic finished the sentence so I could get back to filming my next vlog.

Did I miss anything?

I think you will find the quote is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Maxim 29.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.

• Like 1