No. Never smoked aside from a few when drinking as a younger 20 something kid.

I have had three close family members die of lung cancer or complications of smoking. The commonality between each one was that they knew it was their actions and their will to keep smoking that put them there.

They didn't blame BT.

I don't give BT any pass nor have I glossed over anything that was never mentioned. You decided to say Trump's decision to defund the CIA's project as an unacceptable positive and tangent into a Tobacco rant not me.

This really isnt even a blip on the concern meter of voting citizens in the USA. Not even a cause for the MSM for that matter. It's a Mike cause that sets a standard at which you might accept as something "GOOD". if it was even on the Trump platform.

I agree with your sentiment about BT but know that only class action is going to get results. Be real. 

I don't think any smoker is there by choice once addicted. No one chooses 'by will' to be a smoker, rather they are powerless to stop.. They choose to try smoking and end up hooked until they die of it. Some may not blame BT but they have been brainwashed or simply feel ashamed of their inability to quit when really it's not their fault at all. No smoker could possibly want to be one. Any satisfaction is the addiction being satisfied. Any smoker who I have asked if he could snap his fingers and poof, be a non smoker without any withdrawals, has always said yes. 

Millions have died from a totally preventable and insidious addiction while companies and government made money on it. Many, like your friends sadly blamed them selves.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

50% of Americans receive aid ? come on now.

More like 100%. If you buy food, gas, or any other subsidized product, that's government aid. Drive on public roads? That's gov. Fly in airplanes? Gov subsidized. Hold cash? That fed backed currency. We pay taxes, we get "assistance". Corn subsidy goes to make food more affordable, mostly affecting low income. Gas subsidies mostly help business, etc.

• Like 1

Don't forget free school lunch, free phones, sec. 8, car buy back programs, medical, SNAP, financial aid and grants, free bus passes for low income, we also subsidized other countries, tax cuts for the rich, then corporations like Wal-Mart get tax breaks when they hire people who are receiving SNAP or AFDC, then the poor get their taxes back, EITC,...etc., etc,

• Like 1

Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is preparing to redirect resources of the Justice Department’s civil rights division toward investigating and suing universities over affirmative action admissions policies deemed to discriminate against white applicants, according to a document obtained by The New York Times.

The document, an internal announcement to the civil rights division, seeks current lawyers interested in working for a new project on “investigations and possible litigation related to intentional race-based discrimination in college and university admissions.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/us/politics/trump-affirmative-action-universities.html

More like 100%. If you buy food, gas, or any other subsidized product, that's government aid. Drive on public roads? That's gov. Fly in airplanes? Gov subsidized. Hold cash? That fed backed currency. We pay taxes, we get "assistance". Corn subsidy goes to make food more affordable, mostly affecting low income. Gas subsidies mostly help business, etc.

Good points. Last part makes me think of why welfare is bad

• Like 1

Don't forget free school lunch, free phones, sec. 8, car buy back programs, medical, SNAP, financial aid and grants, free bus passes for low income, we also subsidized other countries, tax cuts for the rich, then corporations like Wal-Mart get tax breaks when they hire people who are receiving SNAP or AFDC, then the poor get their taxes back, EITC,...etc., etc,

Elon-_Musk-carbon-tax-meme-_-2-aug-2016-

4276131.jpg

• Like 2

who else did you go to when mooch got fired..? .. uh , cuz trump?

Reddit, twitter. Would never go to nyt, cnn, nbc, wapo, or anyone else mentioned on the invite sent from John podesta to the media. Fuck them.

If I need to see something on the nyt or other pages, I hit archived links. They do not even deserve the ad revenue. They buy clicks from Chinese bots to generate money.

• Like 1

Lawsuit Claims Fox News ‘Contrived’ Fake Seth Rich Story With Trump Administration

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/white-house-fake-news-seth-rich-death-russia-distract-fox-news-donald-trump-dnc-staff-lawsuit-a7871321.html

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/01/fox-rich-trump-administration/

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/01/media/ed-butowsky-fox-news-seth-rich/index.html

I'm calling BS on this suit right off the bat. Any shit stick can file a lawsuit. This is like suing drivers at Indy 500 for exhibition of speed. It's so fucking obvious that THEY'RE ALL DOING THIS, fox, cnn, msnbc. Here's a stunning news flash, Our Mainstream Media is Party Establishment Propaganda. For fuck sake Hannity eats dinner at the WH with Trump. 

Question for you guys:

Would it be appropriate for the President to intentionally sabotage Obamacare? Make healthcare more expensive on purpose just to make legislating its repeal easier? This seems like a situation I've heard a million times from each side accusing the other side of not trying to work with what is there. But in this case, the White House intentionally exerting its power to sabotage a law upheld by both legislators and the Supreme Court. Hurting the people to push the legislature. I'm guessing some of you are all for it. But imagine applying this same exercise to other laws. Other presidents. Other legislatures. Other times.

• Like 1

Tr8er, I wish I knew what "appropriate" means in the Trump era. Powerful corporate entities would profit form him sabotaging ACA, that's for sure.  I'm shocked there are people who still believe he's their champion. It's astonishing how powerful a Trumped up reality TV image can be. 

• Like 2

The Democrats know that the ACA is failing and will implode under its own weight, but, they want the Republicans to pick up that football, so when it does explode, it does it in their face and the Dems are free and clear of it. 

It is like selling someone a car with an engine you know is going to blow and not saying anything about it, and when it does and they say something, you will just say it was sold as is, It is your problem.

Why we are so hell bent on providing government healthcare is beyond me. They should reform what is there and bring cost down first, and since that seems like it will never happen, on both sides of the aisle, then what is the use of trying to pass a health care bill? 

Blue Shield has already said that they will not cover anyone on ACA in the Southern California area, period! So, who is next? 

• Like 3

It might be more affordable if you remove the profit making insurance companies. Make the government the sole insurer. Doctors/hospitals bill the government directly for amounts set and controlled by the government, for services rendered. The government collects a percentage from your paycheck and/or the company you work for. The young and healthy workers pay for those that are elderly or sick. Somewhat like social security.

The young and healthy probably don't buy any health insurance so only those that feel they need it do, older, married with family, and the price is so high. There is a huge population making money out there and paying nothing in. Get them (and all workers) paying 1/2 a cent (or what ever) for every dollar earned so they get used to it now. If there was or is a shortfall, the government just prints more money to cover it. It's not like the States can't afford more money.... just look how much is wasted on multi billion dollar B-1 bombers. Build one less. You can afford it.    

The Democrats know that the ACA is failing and will implode under its own weight, but, they want the Republicans to pick up that football, so when it does explode, it does it in their face and the Dems are free and clear of it. 

It is like selling someone a car with an engine you know is going to blow and not saying anything about it, and when it does and they say something, you will just say it was sold as is, It is your problem.

Why we are so hell bent on providing government healthcare is beyond me. They should reform what is there and bring cost down first, and since that seems like it will never happen, on both sides of the aisle, then what is the use of trying to pass a health care bill? 

Blue Shield has already said that they will not cover anyone on ACA in the Southern California area, period! So, who is next? 

Poll: Majority of Americans wants to keep, fix ObamaCare

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330361-poll-majority-of-americans-want-to-keep-fix-obamacare

Poll: Americans Want to Move On From Obamacare Repeal

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/americans-want-to-move-on-from-obamacare-repeal

As Trump Threatens Obamacare, Bipartisan Group of House Members Plots a Fix

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/bipartisan-group-of-house-members-plots-obamacare-fix.html

• Like 1

Question for you guys:

Would it be appropriate for the President to intentionally sabotage Obamacare? Make healthcare more expensive on purpose just to make legislating its repeal easier? This seems like a situation I've heard a million times from each side accusing the other side of not trying to work with what is there. But in this case, the White House intentionally exerting its power to sabotage a law upheld by both legislators and the Supreme Court. Hurting the people to push the legislature. I'm guessing some of you are all for it. But imagine applying this same exercise to other laws. Other presidents. Other legislatures. Other times.

The funny part is, he nor anyone needs to sabotage that shit show, it's been doomed since it got implemented, but go ahead and convince yourself that Trump killed that too, I'm not surprised, not one bit.
  • Like 2