• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

So if ACA is not much better, for the poor, middle class and the elderly then why was the GOP hell bent on trying to make it pass. Makes you wonder specially if McConnel were having close door meetings and were not allowing, even the repubs time to review it? Don't get me wrong I heard horror stories about Obama care but ehy replace it with something that can be worse for the vulnerable. I read articles and articles about ACA and its not a repeal in its purest form, by 2020 or 2026, depending which article you read, will leave like 20 million or people with out insurance.

In order to pass legislation that maintains corporate profit over the public good, it's always done behind closed doors. Insurance companies, big pharma, and many for profit healthcare providers are publicly traded companies and are responsible to investors to keep costs down and profits up. In the case of insurers there is no motivation to pay out for the product they control access to. In the case of huge corporate providers, big pharma (drug dealer of the nation), and even our food and tobacco industries, there is no profit in healthy lifestyle and healthy people, or in healing, or curing them. Western medical model is not to cure, but to "manage symptoms" with a shit ton of drugs and Dr visits. $$$ That is the depth of how fucked up healthcare can be when left in the hands of the free market. 

• Like 2

In order to pass legislation that maintains corporate profit over the public good, it's always done behind closed doors. Insurance companies, big pharma, and many for profit healthcare providers are publicly traded companies and are responsible to investors to keeping costs down and profits up. In the case of insurers there is no motivation to pay out for the product they control. In the case of huge corporate providers, big pharma (drug dealer of the nation), and even our food and tobacco industries, there is no profit in healthy lifestyle and healthy people, or in healing, or curing them. Western medical model is not to cure, but to "manage symptoms" with a shit ton of drugs and Dr visits. $$$ That is the depth of how fucked up healthcare can be when left in the hands of the free market.

I agree up til your free market statement, you pointed out the government corruption then you blamed the free market, fuck no, It's that corrupt disgrace of the government who enables it all, don't blame the player for something the coach ordered!

So then, whatever they pass, we r screwed. If I was still a young and I am coming up with my career, I would do my earnest to secure a job with a company that has good benefits. As u get older, this and some kind of retirement plan is crucial.

• Like 1

"That is the depth of how fucked up healthcare can be when left in the hands of the free market."

You blamed the market.

"The free market and the Government are one in the same."

Let me simplify this, The government is not maintaining a healthy free market in the healthcare system, a Goliath mutation of free market predatory capitalism has taken the wheel and is maintaining government. Washington get's paid to leave healthcare in the hands of the free market. BTW It's a common practice for industries to draft the laws that regulate their industry. 

The government is allowing all of that to take place because they are bought out, they can put an end to it, they choose not to, you don't need to shut down the entire market to fix this, just unplug big pharma, the rest will adjust itself.

You cry Bullshit, and then claim your rate "jumps $100 bucks a month, with less coverage and a higher deductible." once Obamacare went into force... Not even going to ask you to prove that crap. You want to prove me wrong, do your own homework. 

That wasn't crying "bullshit"  it's just the reality of my situation.Nothing to prove,i made no claim of Obamacare being cheaper.

Dguy, For most of us folks here in this Datsun forum, we're already getting shitty to mediocre healthcare and paying world class prices for it. Did you know middle class Americans are actually going to Mexico to get affordable healthcare procedures? 

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Americans-Heading-to-Tijuana-for-their-Healthcare-Needs-400082601.html

Mexico is a third world country.No thanks on their medical care unless i'm down there and about to die.There was a guy who got in a car accident a few years back.The authorities wouldn't release him from the hospital until he paid for the car accident somebody else caused.He was in a coma and needed better treatment.He died in Tijuana while his family tried to come up with the money the authorities demanded.True story.

If Trumps health care plan passed, would it better than Obamas?

Good question,could it be any worse ? It's also not necessarily Trump's plan.I think he delegated the job to Congress or the Senate,whoever.

Sorry KO. I've been adding stuff to the last post instead of starting a new one. 

I think we are understanding each other a bit better on this, and once again we find our differences are not really that far apart. I think it's our rhetoric that triggers the other. I'm not the wing nut liberal you think I am, I just feel the need to challenge your hatred for them. It's not healthy for anybody, but most important it harms your own wellbeing. 

Not joking or trolling, seriously comes from caring.

• Like 3

Mexico is a third world country.No thanks on their medical care unless i'm down there and about to die.There was a guy who got in a car accident a few years back.The authorities wouldn't release him from the hospital until he paid for the car accident somebody else caused.He was in a coma and needed better treatment.He died in Tijuana while his family tried to come up with the money the authorities demanded.True story.

Dude, that's so F'ed up! Coming from SD I've seen and heard a bunch of shit like that. That's why I haven't been to TJ in 25 plus years. Last time was on my way to the Rosarito Hotel after my wife and I got married.  

• Like 2

Sorry KO. I've been adding stuff to the last post instead of starting a new one. 

I think we are understanding each other a bit better on this, and once again we find our differences are not really that far apart. I think it's our rhetoric that triggers the other. I'm not the wing nut liberal you think I am, I just feel the need to challenge your hatred for them. It's not healthy for anybody, but most important it harms your own your wellbeing. 

Not joking or trolling, seriously come from caring.

Agreed, don't alert the puppet masters, they'll figure out a different wedge to get us under our skin again, they can't afford a truly united society, they need us divided.

• Like 2

And I want to expand here on my "unplug big pharma" comment, as far as I'm concerned right now it has been proven over and over by the alternative medicine industry that our free market.....is not free, it is a private sandbox, the simple fact that they can't put their products in it despite having evidence and conclusive data showing better treatments and in some cases cures to illnesses than those offered by big pharma, should make you understand the size of the mafia and extent of it's reach in our government, it truly is disturbing, it is in my opinion THE elephant in the room.

Government shouldn't be here to level the playing field per se, but protect everyone playing from the one entity clearing it for just themselves. 

Free market should be that the government says everyone has equal opportunity but no guarantee of equal outcome. Big business has been putting key people in places to legislate advantages and clear the fields for just themselves or other big business they themselve cannot remove. 

Trump lobby regulations should have been way more stringent than it is. It should have put 5 year restrictions on any type of lobbying to any portion of state-federal governments. This could have curbed a slice of the cronyism in DC or state level 

Elected officials should have legislation prohibiting them from taking any executive or advisory position with any large company with lobby interest state or federal for at least the same duration as time in office. Dan Bongino had a really good video if I can find it. It explains the nepotism and insider structuring of this deep state to allow friends and associate to grab massive amounts of wealth through federal-state positions or legislation authoring. 

Right now its not free market...Its Bought n Paid Market. 

• Like 1

Strange day on Cuz.org...

KO, pharma is a piece of shit industry. BUT, if you look around to other countries, with or without single payer, you will see a massive discrepancy in price for drugs. These are not subsidies, or old drugs (maybe some real bad markets), but it is negotiation. They negotiate price in every market they enter. US negotiations somehow yield way the fuck sky high prices for the same shit. Same maker. Same factory. Same pill. Insurance agencies are the ones negotiating these prices, and here in the US, both industries are in a fucking balls deep 69. You can't blame only pharma. They actually both hugely benefit from higher prices on drugs.

Watching President Trump's Rally in West Virginia and man, what a difference from all the latest Democrat rallies and announcements. 

The Liberals are going to have a meltdown after this rally is done. 

And Chris Matthews is on MSNBC shitting on his desk

• Like 1