• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

That smug Shkreli reminds me of that rich kid who killed a family, due to drunk driving, and was able to hire a good lawyer and got off on Affluenza.

Some say the eyes are a window into the soul. In this case it's the guy's nose. Tells the whole damn story of who this guy is.

That smug Shkreli reminds me of that rich kid who killed a family, due to drunk driving, and was able to hire a good lawyer and got off on Affluenza.

He's a dirtbag... but so are all the other pharma bro's..

• Like 1

Since the bashing is never counterweighted with anyone looking for a positive.

(Zero Hedge is consistently critical of Trump and many other political characters.)

After seeing people rationalize explicit racism as ok and acceptable because XYZ. I figure something Trump has done on the positive is in order.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/trump-saw-disturbing-video-then-he-shut-down-cias-covert-syria-program

You could add more positives to this.Stock market,unemployment and a better economic outlook.

Nice framework. So according to you a "Good Thing" would have to be bury Big Tobacco or anything you deem a diabolical entity? I am pretty sure that battle is being waged many times over and BT continues to payout til this day from class action legal wars. To suggest people don't have an option to smoke or not to smoke is not the most thought out point of view either. Not defending BT but the government has heaped on piles of requirements and taxes to help fund cancer research-treatments even education to warn idiots that they are smoking poison. Mitigate the company with litigation. 

Suggesting  this is the litmus for what's a "Good Thing" is poor. Can it be that you are so stricken with the inability to see the differences between shit and shinola? Its like trying to reverse the flow of a river. 

Obama actually was all for sheltering BT with exempting tariffs in his TPP agreement BTW. 

Canada even kowtows to the likes of Big Tobacco.... So please take off the foggy spectacles. 

And yet you gloss over how  many tens of thousands possibly millions BT killed. If they paid a trillion dollars it wouldn't make up for all the loved ones taken by them. They researched how to make tobacco even more addicting, covered it up and the link to cancer with disinformation .... how much more diabolical do you need? Spare me the 'it's ok now, the government is taxing them and funding cancer research'. So YES burying them would be a good thing. Way more than burying some CIA operation.  

I'm guessing you must be a smoker.

You could add more positives to this.Stock market,unemployment and a better economic outlook.

You could say that's positive, but crediting Trump with that is totally ridiculous. He inherited the US economy on an up swing. That's like blaming Obama for the mess Bush left behind.

And yet you gloss over how  many tens of thousands possibly millions BT killed. If they paid a trillion dollars it wouldn't make up for all the loved ones taken by them. They researched how to make tobacco even more addicting, covered it up and the link to cancer with disinformation .... how much more diabolical do you need? Spare me the 'it's ok now, the government is taxing them and funding cancer research'. So YES burying them would be a good thing. Way more than burying some CIA operation.  

I'm guessing you must be a smoker.

No. Never smoked aside from a few when drinking as a younger 20 something kid.

I have had three close family members die of lung cancer or complications of smoking. The commonality between each one was that they knew it was their actions and their will to keep smoking that put them there.

They didn't blame BT.

I don't give BT any pass nor have I glossed over anything that was never mentioned. You decided to say Trump's decision to defund the CIA's project as an unacceptable positive and tangent into a Tobacco rant not me.

This really isnt even a blip on the concern meter of voting citizens in the USA. Not even a cause for the MSM for that matter. It's a Mike cause that sets a standard at which you might accept as something "GOOD". if it was even on the Trump platform.

I agree with your sentiment about BT but know that only class action is going to get results. Be real. 

• Like 1

You could say that's positive, but crediting Trump with that is totally ridiculous. He inherited the US economy on an up swing. That's like blaming Obama for the mess Bush left behind.

I knew you would say that ! I don't blame Obama for Bush.I will give some credit to Trump for the financial gains i've had the last six months,there's no way in hell i would think it had anything to do with Obama because it didn't.Obama had eight years,why did it take so long ? it is a positive.

I figured one of three people would respond with pretty much what you said,you were first on the list.I don't blame Obama for Bush.I will give some credit to Trump for the financial gains i've had the last six months,there's no way in hell i would think it had anything to do with Obama because it didn't.Obama had eight years,why did it take so long ?

I give zero credit to either. 

Confident US citizens are who dictate the economy. The only thing a Prez can do is loosen restrictive policy, even then its still on the citizen to make things move. Trump campaigned on free market principles and when he won people felt confident enough to start making moves.

• Like 3

I wouldn't put any stock (no pun intended) into the stock market, I've learned a long time ago they're mostly artificial numbers to an artificial economy.

Yea it's not for everybody but what i've put in the last 20 years or so is worth more than what i've put in.It can be rough with the ups and downs.

Yep...what policy or policies did Trumpcheeto enact that has a direct correlation to the economy, jobs created and the stock market? I think presidents, including Obama, put too much credit on themselves and/or their cabinet in creating jobs, etc. Plus how EDD calculates the unemployment is skewed to their benefit anyway.

• Like 1

I give zero credit to either. 

Confident US citizens are who dictate the economy. The only thing a Prez can do is loosen restrictive policy, even then its still on the citizen to make things move. Trump campaigned on free market principles and when he won people felt confident enough to start making moves.

I sort of agree but where did the confidence come from all of a sudden ? 

• Like 1

The economy is a joke of epic proportions, unemployment numbers are a lie, more than 50% of Americans receive some sort of government assistance, people not looking for jobs aren't counted as unemployed, the stock market is based on artificial easily manipulated numbers and the fed continues to print money and borrow against future generations, sorry to break it to you all, the economy is SHIT.

Yep...what policy or policies did Trumpcheeto enact that has a direct correlation to the economy, jobs created and the stock market? I think presidents, including Obama, put too much credit on themselves and/or their cabinet in creating jobs, etc. Plus how EDD calculates the unemployment is skewed to their benefit anyway.

He enacted the "confident citizens" policy.Who is Trumpcheeto ?

The economy is a joke of epic proportions, unemployment numbers are a lie, more than 50% of Americans receive some sort of government assistance, people not looking for jobs aren't counted as unemployed, the stock market is based on artificial easily manipulated numbers and the fed continues to print money and borrow against future generations, sorry to break it to you all, the economy is SHIT.

50% of Americans receive aid ? come on now.

• Like 1