• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada doesn't have over 300m citizens, multiply that number by whatever you think it might cost to cover each person...

Simple math.

$1....$300 million

$10.....$3 billion

$100....$3 Trillion

Want to keep adding? THAT is logical, is it not?

California alone has 39 Million people

Whole Canadia country 36.5 Million

• Like 1

I was in the hospital for less than 24hrs last December, my bill was $26k....

How does single payer even begin to make sense, tr8er? How?

under Single payer you would still be on the hook for 16,000$

Sorry. Bernies Single Payer

I was in the hospital for less than 24hrs last December, my bill was $26k....

How does single payer even begin to make sense, tr8er? How?

Ummmm. Let me try one.

My dog died in 2006, how do astronauts even fly in space?

• Like 2

Here's a tidbit. Most currency or fiat currency depend on the largest and wealthiest markets to support their value.

There might actually be a world wide effort to keep the USA out of a single payer system because of how huge the healthcare market is here $$. You take that away and you will see budgets all over the world tank. It wouldn't be as hard on the US economy to recover or rebound on such a move as the rest of the world. As goes the USA market so goes the rest of the world's markets. These are the moves diplomats have been making from WW2. Make the world dependant on the USA to ensure the lifespan of being the most dominant power around. Ever wonder why Russia and China want their own world currency for other nations to back theirs against?

Sanctions anyone?

We may never ever see affordable healthcare and it may not even be because of domestic interests but global greed.

after thought: This might be similar as to how the US taxpayer was supposed to pay for the cost of implementing the Paris Climate accord.

This is interesting. There would be a MAJOR loss of middle man jobs/salaries (aka your money). They would be unemployed until they found a job possibly contributing to society this time.

Canada doesn't have over 300m citizens, multiply that number by whatever you think it might cost to cover each person...

Simple math.

$1....$300 million

$10.....$3 billion

$100....$3 Trillion

Want to keep adding? THAT is logical, is it not?

You should google "per capita". Makes these scaling issues easier to understand.

KO,

Right now people pay insurance companies, they pay hospitals. Patients pay out of pocket for what insurance doesn't cover. If they can't pay, the government pays. All single payer does is removes the (for profit) middle man insurance companies. They can still exist for those who wish to get above and beyond coverage but largely they go away. So you have the largest moneymaking industry ever about to just end. You can just imagine the poison and propaganda they are pushing to prevent their demise. It is easier for hospitals and clinics as they only need to know one set of billing codes, and procedures. And costs would be levelized. Would they go down? Likely but not my call. I suppose the answer is yes for some, no for others.

You should google "per capita". Makes these scaling issues easier to understand.

You mean, easier to manipulate to get the results you want, that's how every project from government gets passed through the system to later say, oops we underestimated the costs....hence ACA

This is interesting. There would be a MAJOR loss of middle man jobs/salaries (aka your money). They would be unemployed until they found a job possibly contributing to society this time.

A huge reduction in government positions for sure, but not enough real world positions to support such a huge flow of former desk jockeys.  

The schemers would all be needing to produce real world results... 

Single Payer would really have to be a slow planned calculated public implementation, Cold turkey would just fuck all sorts of shit up.

Google and other search engines come up with nil on information about how much foreign money is invested in the US Health market.

But investopedia has some tips on how to invest in this market.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/investing-in-healthcare.asp.

Guess whats on the bad trend list?

free market consumerism*

single payer*

• Like 1

Interesting anecdote but doesn't begin to tell the whole story nation wide. 

Premiums were rising at a faster rate before ACA, but yes, it did nothing to make it more affordable. Do you think Trump should fix healthcare to force Democrats to see their fuck up?

Interesting anecdote but doesn't begin to tell the whole story nation wide. 

Premiums were rising at a faster rate before ACA, but yes, it did nothing to make it more affordable. Do you think Trump should throw healthcare into chaos to force a name change?

Bullshit ! my rates were only going up a little at a time.Obamacare goes into force and it jumps $100 bucks a month,with less coverage and a higher deductible.Do you have some proof of your claim ? Do you have Obamacare ?

• Like 2

Bullshit ! my rates were only going up a little at a time.Obamacare goes into force and it jumps $100 bucks a month,with less coverage and a higher deductible.Do you have some proof of your claim ? Do you have Obamacare ?

Worse for me, I flat out cannot afford it and they don't give a shit.

• Like 1

I'm drunk enough to play! (Anyone else see a trend?)

How much does a quart of saline cost?

How much does 1 hour of middle skill level labor cost?

How much does a hospital charge for this?

No really! I'm asking. I don't remember why I started typing.

DATSUN!

• Like 2

High quality expensive first rate health care is simply not affordable on the large scale. Why do people from countries with single payer health care come here for treatment? Because it is better, but consequently more expensive. Also, realize those countries have much higher tax rates and less military spending and still support a lower quality of care.

The simple truth is there is not enough money for everyone to have the best health care. It sucks but your health and life, whether the insurance company or the government, has a defined value. And it is much less then you think.

Just like there are not enough resources for everyone to live at a first world level. You will always have the haves and the have-nots. If you are poor you will have shittier health care and worse outcomes.

So can the situation be made better? Yes, but not at a world class level, you will get a shitty to mediocre single payer, government control of how much is spent on you (aka death panels) and the first rate care will only be available as an extra paid service or if you are really lucky as a work benefit; with a "don't like it? Don't be poor/middle class" attitude.

• Like 1