We need more Moderators (not spam)

Also I think people should chill the eff out. People should moderate themselves and try not to troll, sometimes its hard but it would keep this community (one of the most knowledgable groups I have ever been around) strong and growing.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!! Really?!?! :rofl:  I was a Mod on a couple p2p DC++ black and death metal hubs years back, it is not a job it is a sentence. :no:  And I noticed the fastest way not to be a mod is to ask to be one! Those in their right mind would run! :frantics:  It is a bit of work and alot of headache dealing with all the sobbing and crying of the "wronged" members. :baby:  But most of the work was chasing down spam, leaches, and other crap I would not want to mention. :sick:  Leave the Mods be, If your worthy you will get chosen, :ninja:  I wouldn't trust you guys with that kind of power anyway! :devil:  Hell look who we got to deal with now!!  :poke:

Although a different idea comes to mind, maybe a Bot button??? A couple hits suspends the account till a mod can check it, just use it on the new members for the first 10 threads, or create a read a couple threads requirement before you post or lock new members from starting new threads till they post 10-20 times maybe?  

• Like 3

Elmer thats a great idea, maybe something in if we go to their profile can report them for spam, locks them for a hour from making posts...or makes it so all their posts have to be approved by a mod?

I can see something like this being abused...

• Like 1

It just seems like it would be creating an awful lot of work for something that rarely happens. Yes, we've had some attacks in the past few days but I cannot remember anything like that in the past and I'm on pretty much every day (and have been since 2009). If this was something that had been going on for quite some time I could see doing something though still not giving members the ability to essentially temp ban/block other members.

• Like 2

It just seems like it would be creating an awful lot of work for something that rarely happens. Yes, we've had some attacks in the past few days but I cannot remember anything like that in the past and I'm on pretty much every day (and have been since 2009). If this was something that had been going on for quite some time I could see doing something though still not giving members the ability to essentially temp ban/block other members.

Damn. This is way to sensible.

You can already report members and posts and the system works really well most of the time. Like I said, from time to time the bots find new ways through the gatekeeper. This was one of those times and it seems to have subsided a bit. So until next time, thanks to those guys clicking on the report button and helping out. :)

• Like 1