We need more Moderators (not spam)

I see more spam.

Mike, have you considered temporarily putting some kind of 'hold' or required verification on members until the holes have been patched?

can we block new member from creating threads until after a certain number of posts?

• Like 3
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been here just over 7 years and this comes and goes as upgrades are added as mentioned. Being (somewhat) a high profile forum attracts it also. I'd be worried if we didn't attract spam. The last bad time was over a year ago (maybe more) and turned out to be that the spam filter plug in was over due on the rent payment. (forgotten, oops) Not the case this time. It normally does a pretty good job of adapting to the changing assaults.

This seems to be a 6 hour window when most are sleeping on the Pacific coast and is cleared away asap. For those up at that time have fun spamming the spammer.

• Like 1

It don't really bother me that much as i just go to another section for a few hours till someone else deals with it.

Can you ever see so much new content from so many contributors anywhere else on the whole internet as project datto?!

• Like 4
Guest Rick-rat

There 4 things you need to be a moderator 

1. Use the right size font

2. Use the right color

3. Be a know it all, or think you do

4. Hardly ever be available or on line ( not referring to Icehouse, ]2eDeYe,or KING SHIT, oops, RAT)

This is an elite group so no one else has much of a chance to be one of the "chosen ones"

You all realize this is a sense of humor check, and not bad mouthing our wonderful mods that work hard for the rest of us

There is one more, won't go into it here, PM, I might tell you

• Like 2

This clown is from New Delhi, right off of teen murti lane. I have....lets call them 'friends' that could be within a very frightening distance of a person in said area in under 4 hours. Their idea of spam is to beat someone until they resemble a slimy meat product. Just throwing that out there.

• Like 3

Pretty sure we are using that now and again, nothing to stop the spammers from figuring out ways around it. :)

This free plug in is "on" all the time, and works much better than any other spam controls. It sifts through every new registered account, checking an email, user name, and IP against a massive world wide database. There may be some not listed, but that is where your last line of defense comes in: the administration approval/validation list, where you can manually look up the user's information and location to determine if they are real or not. Not everyone has time to do the tedious manual checking, so that's where the free plug in comes in.

Did I mention its FREE and saves time, and frustration for all??

-Robert