We need more Moderators (not spam)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Question/Answer is way better than Captcha of any kind, as they have all been hacked. But asking something like, what is the most common and well known carb swap for datsuns? (Weber) would thwart many, and probably too many. Its like the 311s.org issue, where people come here to ask the password. I like puzzle ones.

After imposing such anti spam measures on NWD, we have seen 0 spam. No we arent any where near a large forum, but we were getting spam from even only having 30 members; basically as soon as all the search providers had indexed us.

I got two yesterday without avatars. That's the second one to put up an avatar... I got the other early on a few days back.

Jacob a question has to be answerable by anyone that is here to learn something Datsun/Nissan related yet exclude casual others. The carb question is at worst 90%...  probably much better but some prospective members are totally noobish and it would filter out the very people we are trying to give help to. It would certainly filter out bots though.

I was under the impression that something was in the works and will press towards it being fast tracked.

On Infamous Nissan, we have them type a word backwards. It looks like this "Type the following word backwards: Falcons." They must type snoclaF. We get one or two past every now and then, but new members require their first post to be approved by staff.

Backwards or just about any question will stop a bot but even a bored spammer can figure that out. An approved first post is good and would eliminate any spammer not wanting to spend the time to do so but not one that is determined.

Perhaps a small essay about why they are joining, their Datsun, their plans for it. Just something to form an opinion of weather to let pass or not. This would also eliminate the casual Ratsun member that joins but never posts and wanders off... we have thousands of them.

• Like 2